Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they went from team ggg to team hypocrites

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
      I would agree if the circumstances were the same.

Part of the agreement, contractually actually, was that the winner of Cotto/Canelo had to fight GGG next - a well known, lucrative, 2 belt owner, recognized as the #1 middleweight. (it would have still been Canelo's biggest payday ever) If they chose not to, that belt would go to GGG. Canelo was in his prime, GGG was certainly wasn't in his boxing prime years.

Now, had that not been agree to by both parties and had they not been aware of that condition, then I'd have no issue at all with Canelo dropping the belt.
      MY point stands! When you get to this level that canelo, ggg, Joshua, and all the big money making boxing athletes of today; money trumps any belt any day. With that being said, how could you defend a belt for possibly having to split the money 55 percent to 45 percent when clearly you will be the one generating 90+ percent of the whole pie? Anyone with common math knowledge and common sense would vacate and negotiate under zero circumstances like nelo did. You are sitting here and using the same bs excuse That Gennady has sold his fans... “legacy”. Legacy will always come after money. If it’s about legacy, why didn’t ggg fight sd? Or anyone else to amplify his legacy? Exactly! He is wanting to cash out with nelo. I don’t blame him in fact i agree with him. Just like i agreed with canelo when he vacated. Rules or no rules, only rule i See is the more money rule.
      Last edited by Robi13; 05-02-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Just worry about yourself we're fine.
        LMAO that one stung you huh? Phake a.ss gggroupies

Comment

Got Em lmaooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I think you got it right the first time. Jacobs will wait it out, Charlo (pbc) and Derevychenko (Dibella/pbc) will meet in August for the IBF. Then Jacobs will be sitting as both the WBA and WBC mandatory.
            That doesn't make much sense, IMO. Charlo is guaranteed a date with the WBC champion @ 160 and, unless I'm mistaken, the WBC mando is due next in rotation. IF Clenelo/Bumlovkin happens in the Fall, Charlo is almost certainly gonna get the winner next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
              I would agree if the circumstances were the same.

Part of the agreement, contractually actually, was that the winner of Cotto/Canelo had to fight GGG next - a well known, lucrative, 2 belt owner, recognized as the #1 middleweight. (it would have still been Canelo's biggest payday ever) If they chose not to, that belt would go to GGG. Canelo was in his prime, GGG was certainly wasn't in his boxing prime years.

Now, had that not been agree to by both parties and had they not been aware of that condition, then I'd have no issue at all with Canelo dropping the belt.
              I doubt it.

What you're describing isn't something that would be in their (Cotto v. Canelo) agreement. That would be an unenforceable provision.

Pretty sure that's why there was a separate step-aside agreement between Cotto and Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                MY point stands! When you get to this level that canelo, ggg, Joshua, and all the big money making boxing athletes of today; money trumps any belt any day. With that being said, how could you defend a belt for possibly having to split the money 55 percent to 45 percent when clearly you will be the one generating 90+ percent of the whole pie? Anyone with common math knowledge and common sense would vacate and negotiate under zero circumstances like nelo did. You are sitting here and using the same bs excuse That Gennady has sold his fans... “legacy”. Legacy will always come after money. If it’s about legacy, why didn’t ggg don’t sd? Or anyone else to amplify his legacy? Exactly! He is wanting to cash out with nelo. I don’t blame him in fact i agree with him. Just like i agreed with canelo when he vacated. Rules or no rules, only rule i See is the more money rule.
                Canelo is not going to generate that kind of money against any other opponent. Saying he generated 90% of the total purse isn't realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                  That doesn't make much sense, IMO. Charlo is guaranteed a date with the WBC champion @ 160 and, unless I'm mistaken, the WBC mando is due next in rotation. IF Clenelo/Bumlovkin happens in the Fall, Charlo is almost certainly gonna get the winner next spring.
                  Fighting for the IBF is the move. He's third in line for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    I doubt it.

What you're describing isn't something that would be in their (Cotto v. Canelo) agreement. That would be an unenforceable provision.

Pretty sure that's why there was a separate step-aside agreement between Cotto and Golovkin.
                    The winner as part of sanctioning the fight was obligated by the WBC to fight Golovkin. Both Cotto and Canelo knew that when they signed the contract.

Comment

I would be very disappointed if GGG doesn't defend his IBF belt from the mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X