Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which are the 8 divisions pac won a world title in EXACTLY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    Troll? I think you've got the wrong guy. He's a top poster here and I haven't seen him once off his A game.
    He trolling because I KNOW he is a quality poster, Only a troll would dispute that the RING Title is considered the top title in boxing.

Has been for decades.

Comment

• Suddenly alphabet belts are more significant than lineal or ring champs when criticizing fighters you don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        Suddenly alphabet belts are more significant than lineal or ring champs when criticizing fighters you don't like.
        people should value whatever they wish.

but clearly the networks, promoters, fighters, managers, etc value the four belts ovet lineal or oscar's magazine.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
          no pac-tard can answer this, they run from the question. NAME THE 8 divisions that pac has won a WORLD TITLE in???
          you're one of the more down syndrome infused posters on this site...

Good luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            people should value whatever they wish.

but clearly the networks, promoters, fighters, managers, etc value the four belts ovet lineal or oscar's magazine.
            That has not been the case historically. The ring belt holder has generally been seen as the "real" champ. Oscar buying the mag took some shine off it. I guess it depends on what you mean by value tho. As far as networks go...commentary teams regularly trash the alphabet organizations. Fighters on the other hand, value any "world title" as it gets them in position to make money cuz promoters can use them as a marketing gimmick. But it's the sanctioning organizations that love the belts the most...that's why they keep creating useless belts and different versions of the same title. It's incredibly watered down, that much cannot be denied.

Comment

That has not been the case historically. The ring belt holder has generally been seen as the "real" champ.
              That's simply not true. In fact, Ring is directly to blame for the rise of the sanctioning bodies because Ring was caught blatantly taking bribes to rig their rankings and all of the television networks lost faith in Ring magazine. All of the networks insisted that any title fight must be sanctioned by the WBC or WBA or else they wouldn't buy it. Ring did so much damage to the public credibility of boxing that it allowed the sanctioning bodies to wiggle in and take control as all of the networks wanted the appearance of an independent and unbiased non-profit organization to organize the sport.

Oscar buying the mag took some shine off it.
              And Oscar corrupting the ratings, causing all of the most respected members of the ratings advisory board to publicly quit in disgust and expose the corruption took the rest of the shine off of it. There's no shine left. The ring belt is absolutely meaningless at this point.

I guess it depends on what you mean by value tho. As far as networks go...commentary teams regularly trash the alphabet organizations.
              While those same networks demand as many title fights as possible, rarely have interest in a fight unless it is for a title or to set up a title shot, etc. The entire sport revolves around the four belts. Period. The announcers trash them when it's convenient, but follow the money. If the networks didn't buy title fights, the orgs would quickly go out of business. The titles exist because the networks want them to.

Fighters on the other hand, value any "world title" as it gets them in position to make money cuz promoters can use them as a marketing gimmick.
              Right, but being IBA champion doesn't make you money. The value the four "world titles" have is the fact that they're recognized as world titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                That's simply not true. In fact, Ring is directly to blame for the rise of the sanctioning bodies because Ring was caught blatantly taking bribes to rig their rankings and all of the television networks lost faith in Ring magazine. All of the networks insisted that any title fight must be sanctioned by the WBC or WBA or else they wouldn't buy it. Ring did so much damage to the public credibility of boxing that it allowed the sanctioning bodies to wiggle in and take control as all of the networks wanted the appearance of an independent and unbiased non-profit organization to organize the sport.

And Oscar corrupting the ratings, causing all of the most respected members of the ratings advisory board to publicly quit in disgust and expose the corruption took the rest of the shine off of it. There's no shine left. The ring belt is absolutely meaningless at this point.

While those same networks demand as many title fights as possible, rarely have interest in a fight unless it is for a title or to set up a title shot, etc. The entire sport revolves around the four belts. Period. The announcers trash them when it's convenient, but follow the money. If the networks didn't buy title fights, the orgs would quickly go out of business. The titles exist because the networks want them to.

Right, but being IBA champion doesn't make you money. The value the four "world titles" have is the fact that they're recognized as world titles.
                You're talking about something that happened in the 70s...the ring rebuilt its reputation after that. Throughout my entire time following the sport until the ring was sold, their rankings were considered more legit than alphabet organizations. I prefer the tbrb these days.

I notice you didn't bother mentioning the ibf scandal that went on for over 10yrs or any of the many indiscretions surrounding sanctioning bodies and their rankings over the years. But, yea, that ring scandal did leave an opening for the alphabet orgs to gain more credibility.

Any way you slice it, 4 "world champions" is too damn many...and not too long ago, nobody really gave a **** about the wbo, so who knows when there'll be 5 "world titles".

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  He trolling because I KNOW he is a quality poster, Only a troll would dispute that the RING Title is considered the top title in boxing.

Has been for decades.
                  still NOT a world title. idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                    LOL at this troll, Ring is considered the DEFINITIVE Title by boxing experts and Pundits as title you want IF you want to be considered PFP in your respective division.

They have been the standard several decades now...
                    ring title is NOT A WORLD TITLE. its giving to the lineal champ, you do not have to be a world champ to hold the RING TITLE. stupid ducking boys.

Comment

You're talking about something that happened in the 70s...the ring rebuilt its reputation after that. Throughout my entire time following the sport until the ring was sold, their rankings were considered more legit than alphabet organizations. I prefer the tbrb these days.
                      Of course their rankings were more legit. They were ranking the best fighters in the world. That's not what the orgs do. The orgs rank the best fighters in the world currently fighting for that specific org. It's two totally different things. I prefer TBRB as well. But even if the Ring rebuilt its reputation in terms of rankings before the sale, they also stopped crowning champions for 15 years, so you can't act like the Ring title has a long history as the most recognized title because it's simply not true. The networks, promoters, fighters, managers, etc have all preferred the orgs for the last 50 years over ring.

I notice you didn't bother mentioning the ibf scandal that went on for over 10yrs or any of the many indiscretions surrounding sanctioning bodies and their rankings over the years. But, yea, that ring scandal did leave an opening for the alphabet orgs to gain more credibility.
                      I mention all the time that every org has had a major bribery scandal except for the WBC. I've never said the orgs are honorable or worthy of respect. It's a corrupt sport with corrupt promoters and corrupt commissions working in tandem with corrupt orgs and corrupt everything really. Doesn't change the fact that the belts are what the sport revolves around. Doesn't mean I like it, I'm just being honest about the way things are.

Any way you slice it, 4 "world champions" is too damn many...and not too long ago, nobody really gave a **** about the wbo, so who knows when there'll be 5 "world titles".
                      Yes of course. And nobody should have ever recognized the WBO and I still don't. And I don't recognize the WBA either and stopped recognizing them the second they introduced super titles. I only recognize the WBC and IBF.

Comment

Working...
                      X