Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which are the 8 divisions pac won a world title in EXACTLY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    No, it's not. Especially since Oscar De La Hoya bought the belt and so many members of the ratings advisory board went public about Ring's corruption and quit in disgust.

Ring is not an independent arbiter. It's the propaganda arm of Golden Boy Promotions. The most recognized belt is the WBC. Ring isn't recognized at all. It's an unofficial title nobody counts as a world title.
    So who's the more recognize champion at 126-barrera and 140-hatton when pac beat them?

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      So who's the more recognize champion at 126-barrera and 140-hatton when pac beat them?
      Not saying there was a recognized champion with more attention than those guys had at the time, but you still can't have it both ways. If you want to argue lineal, be my guest. But be consistent. Stick with just lineal. Why are you recognizing bogus belts instead of just lineal? Seems very convenient to just count both to artificially inflate the number.

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
        LOL at this troll, Ring is considered the DEFINITIVE Title by boxing experts and Pundits as title you want IF you want to be considered PFP in your respective division.

They have been the standard several decades now...

Not anymore. Oscar de la Hoya bought the title and changed all the rules. It's no longer considered the definitive anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          False.

Media does cover the ring title, plus lineal
          On the biggest sites in the US and the UK, in terms of mainstream media, WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO are all listed. Ring is not listed. Neither is lineal. There's nothing to back up what you're saying.

Who should manny have fought to be champ at 126 if not Barrera?
          One of the four recognized world champions if he wanted to be a recognized world champion.

Comment

By who?

Media such as espn cover it and promote fighters as such.
            http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...champions-list

I can't find it. Where is it?

Comment

On the biggest sites in the US and the UK, in terms of mainstream media, WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO are all listed. Ring is not listed. Neither is lineal. There's nothing to back up what you're saying.

One of the four recognized world champions if he wanted to be a recognized world champion.
              Why would somebody carry lineal rankings? There is only one guy that’s lineal.

Ring is listed at ring, and has been the benchmark for 100 years, as the sanctioning body titles have lost all credibility.

Who beat naz after he won all the titles, and morales after he won wbc titles?

Comment

Espn references the ring title often, the ring rankings are at the ring.
                Espn own writers don’t consider the sanctioning bodies as accurate reflection of the rankings. Showtime and hbo both are quick to point out lineal and ring champs.

But it’s cool dude, you obviously are a sanctioning body fanboy by your username

Keep thinking those belts are credible, it’s what the promoters bank on to sell crap matchups and avoid the good ones.

Comment

Why would somebody carry lineal rankings? There is only one guy that’s lineal.

Ring is listed at ring, and has been the benchmark for 100 years, as the sanctioning body titles have lost all credibility.

Who beat naz after he won all the titles, and morales after he won wbc titles?

Not talking about rankings. I'm talking about champions. The major outlets list the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO champions. They don't list the Ring champions. Ring champions are not recognized as legitimate world champions.

Obviously Ring is listed at Ring! IBA is listed at IBA, does that make it a world title?

If you want to argue in favor of lineal titles, I'm fine with that. Ignore the alphabelts. But if you ignore the alphabelts, how is Pac an 8 division champ?

Comment

Espn references the ring title often, the ring rankings are at the ring.
                    Espn own writers don’t consider the sanctioning bodies as accurate reflection of the rankings. Showtime and hbo both are quick to point out lineal and ring champs.

But it’s cool dude, you obviously are a sanctioning body fanboy by your username

Keep thinking those belts are credible, it’s what the promoters bank on to sell crap matchups and avoid the good ones.
                    ESPN's endorsement of Ring ended after the corruption was exposed and they began endorsing TBRB.

Showtime never endorses the Ring title. HBO does sometimes because HBO's lead promoter owns Ring.

I'm not a fanboy. I'm not a fan. I'm telling you the business reality. The sport revolves around the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO whether we like it or not. I would love for all of them to go out of business, but what I prefer, and what actually is, are two different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Ok, just for you, just for grins:

1) Chatchai Sasakul - WBC Flyweight

2) Lehlo Ledwaba - IBF Super Bantamweight

3) Marco Antonio Barrera - Ring Lineal Featherweight

4) Juan Manuel Marquez - WBC Super Featherweight

5) David Diaz - WBC lightweight

6) Ricky Hatton - Ring Lineal Jr. Welterweight

7) Miguel Cotto - WBO Welterweight

8) Antonio Margarito - WBC Super Welterweight

~End of thread~
                      if Pac didnt skip the super flyweight ang jr bantamweight he could be a 10 division champion a much more unbelievable achievemnets.

Comment

Working...
                      X