No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs Drops, Decisions a Very Game Maciej Sulecki

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    What has Sulecki done to prove he's better than J-Rock? J-Rock beat their only competition more clearly & Culcay was rocking the guy multiple times.
    Why do so many people rate J Rock so high for nothing though? Who has he ever beat, let alone been in with?

Culcay had good tough close fights with Sulecki and Andrade. He would be favored to be J Rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
      I just agree with it. He looks as if he is about to fall front as he moves. Have never seen anyone mention this here.
      When I was grad school I started watching a lot of film on these guys and never really gave it up lol but when you watch Danny fight enough, it jumps out at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
        I love reading these comments!

This fight was an easy fight to score. I actually agreed with Lederman for once except I had Sukecki winning the 3rd and Jacobs winning the 10th. Jacobs was in control of the fight for the majority of the rounds. Sulecki had success because he is a really good fighter. I don't know if this was smart match making to put Jacobs in a competitive fight or a dumb one where they underestimated Sukecki. With that being said Jacobs clearly won. His counters was the sharpest I've seen. His catch and shoot was a thing beauty. It's almost like Jacobs was trying out new things last night. Don't get me wrong Sulecki was game but he had no answers. He picked his spots when he saw it but the counters had him confused. His punch output was down. Why do you think that was? He started grunting around the 8th to try and psyche himself up. I suspect he got a broken nose around the 10th. He was pawing at it and it looked oddly swollen. I saw the KD coming but Sulecki still fought on. Reminded me of Lara. Jacobs tried again too hard for the KO and lost a little bit of technique.

I have a feeling a lot of Golovkin fans can't wait for Jacobs to lose so they can say, see I told you he didn't really win. But he definitely won last night. That was a clear victory even without the KD.
        wouldn't ggg fans be trying to hype jacobs up so that win looks better. not sure how jacobs possibly losing to sulecki changes the jacobs-ggg fight at all. maybe its one of those avenger infinite stone type of deals where they go back in time?

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          FUGHIN right
          It would be lights out
          Yep. The way Jacobs backed up and leaned up against the ropes on some of those rights reminded me of the Pirog KO. Imagine Charlo landing one of his straight rights?

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
            Yep. The way Jacobs backed up and leaned up against the ropes on some of those rights reminded me of the Pirog KO. Imagine Charlo landing one of his straight rights?
            ughghg yoou aall have such an elementary way of looking at boxing. Charlo doesn't really set things up like Pirog, and also doesn't punch within angles like pirog.

I'll bet charlo jacobs would be close

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
              He’s almost always open for that nice uppercut
              Him lounging forward, uppercut connecting : I’ll say it again
              Lights out

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                ughghg yoou aall have such an elementary way of looking at boxing. Charlo doesn't really set things up like Pirog, and also doesn't punch within angles like pirog.

I'll bet charlo jacobs would be close
                Pirog was a serious talent and it is a real shame he and GGG never were able to have their fight. I’m not suggesting Jacobs or Sulecki is like Pirog but Jacobs seems to go straight back to the ropes and often even tucks his chin in. It’s a very bad habit and that was the position he put himself in when Pirog Kod him (Pirog didn’t use any angles, he simply jabbed and came forward and Jacobs literally just went straight back into the ropes and got nailed). He he did the same thing last night about 3 times and Sulecki nailed him but just didn’t have enough mustard on his shots. Charlo has a good straight right, I can see him backing Jacobs up and whacking him with it.
                Last edited by GFunk23; 04-29-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  He’s almost always open for that nice uppercut
                  Him lounging forward, uppercut connecting : I’ll say it again
                  Lights out
                  Before last nights fight, I would have had Jacobs-Charlo as a 50-50 fight, I would now have Charlo as the favorite if they fight in the next year or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    Neo nazi dude can take a punch but he lost already
                    Neo nazi? Sulecki is from Warsaw. Google "Warsaw Uprising", take a look at the tattoo on his chest, come back and apologise.

Comment

• Jacobs deserved the win, Sulecki is a caliber opponent though.

Comment

Working...
                      X