Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Contacts Hearn, Reacts To 'Publicity Stunt' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    An Instagram comment saying let's roll isn't the same thing as writing an email back saying I agree to the 50M guarantee. You think an Instagram comment is what starts the making of a $100M deal? This is business and people who deal with big dollars don't move like that.
    Instagram comment from AJ is as good as Wilder sending email.

Comment

An Instagram comment saying let's roll isn't the same thing as writing an email back saying I agree to the 50M guarantee. You think an Instagram comment is what starts the making of a $100M deal? This is business and people who deal with big dollars don't move like that.
      Nope, you make $100million deals by posting a video on twitter, according to Wilder fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
        No he's not, he's a slave for Dibela.
        Ydksab

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Nope, you make $100million deals by posting a video on twitter, according to Wilder fans.
            Yeah everything Wilder says is a gospel nowadays.

Comment

True but it is informal. They want him to agree before they would be willing to meet with him it seems. And this is a tactic to gain leverage with a huge offer. Carrot and stick. I think if you are playing a certain kind of game you have to expect to be played with in a similar fashion. Informal offers and unorthodox negotiation tactics breed their like and if Joshua has any business sense about him an informal acceptance, ala Instagram "let's roll", is all that he will give them.
              Last edited by peplz; 04-26-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

So "lets roll" was not good enough. Interesting... And the plot thickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  In fairness Floyd vs Manny got made after years of unsuccessful deal making behind the scenes at a basketball game.

And I'm pretty sure Floyd vs McGregor is a Instagram fight gone off the rails somehow.

Its a new era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Well yea, but again if they can't give you 50M then their side isn't binding & you ain't got sh^t to worry about.

Obviously there are more t's to cross & i's to dot, but I think you get my point. Plenty of things get agreed to w/o a deal officially signed & only a done deal once the more trivial sh^t gets detailed on out.

Care to theorize what you think that could be?

I don't see Wilder being as about PR points as Hearn & Joshua. And I f#cking wish Haymon was about PR cuz then maybe PBC woulda gotten a TV deal by now.
                    Hearn already did that:

The money not being there up front, so the fight has to be put out for tender for other promoters to bid for. Asking AJ to break contracts with the TV companies he has deals with. Telling him he needs to do more than just accept the fight to get his guarantee. Those were a few of the things Hearn said he would need t to know the details about before he could say yes or no.

The question I keep coming back to .. why did Wilder's team cancel the meeting they had scheduled with Hearn, and tell him they won't speak to him unless AJ says he accepts the offer first?

That's dodgy to me, very dodgy. Have you ever heard of anything like that happening between boxing promoters before?

If I was Hearn I would be wondering what is it that they don't want us to know about before AJ says, "Ok, I accept the offer"
                    Last edited by kafkod; 04-26-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X