Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko: I want to fight only with a Champions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR HI-TECH future ATG & HOF.

Comment

Oscar.......Arum nor his father (sr) would let or wanted Floyd to fight Oscar, and when he finally got that fight, he accepted ALL of Oscar's demands, weight, gloves, Utensils (now we know why, he wanted Floyd to get in that ass)
      Pac........Wouldnt accept the PED testing, that he eventually had to do. So we know he held that fight up.
      NOW SINCE YOU KNOW THE TRUTH, and I dont think your stupid or an idiot, just misinformed, now you know better, Im like your father, call me Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Whats his nickname got to do with ANYTHING? See this is what makes me think you are being emotional/a hater.

And? Manny was still a top 5 guy.

Honestly I don't get it at all. People always do this sorta stuff & they almost ALWAYS do it with Floyd over guys with far lesser resumes than Floyd's (either in longevity, weight divisions or caliber of W's). It almost always comes off as hater fans or fanboys of other guys who happen to be rivals of Floyd.

LOL why did I know Williams & Margarito would come up. I've discussed this a million times, but Paul Williams was OVERRATED as all f#ck. And more importantly Floyd's time at 147 & Paul's time at 147 aligned so that there was about a 2 month window when this fight was makeable & it wasn't even a top 5 fight to make at the time iirc. And then Williams lost his next fight lol.

And the Margarito thing was political bs cuz that fight woulda happened if Floyd had been happy with TR's movement of his career. He wasn't. He had an out. He used it. Thus Margarito got screwed out of a payday & another L in a big fight as he virtually always did (minus the Cotto fight).

Don't hear Wright & Forrest so much.

But upon looking at Forrest he had moved to 154 by the time Floyd was at 147. Floyd fought Oscar at JMW in 2007 for the biggest fight in boxing at the time. Had one fight at 147 then quit fighting til Sept 2009 when Forrest had been dead for 2 months. When were they supposed to fight exactly? Seems a small window when that fight made sense & they were in the same weight division.

And I really don't know when Floyd vs Winky was supposed to fight. Floyd didn't even have the 150 Oscar fight til Winky was a MW fighter. These two were NEVER in the same weight division at the same time as best I can tell.

Oscar was still the bigger guy so yea he ended up fighting at higher weights. And I know what you are saying, but they had to fit a square peg into a round hole to get Oscar into a title at 130. So idk that while "they started" at a similar weight means THAT much here.
        Nah Eff, C'mon you starting to be the emotional dude there throwing the "hater" argument in each post.

I always gave Floyd his props (P4P king and ATG status)

Floyd isn't on the same standards as Spence, AJ or GGG.

You need to compare him to Oscar, Manny, Roy, other multi division ATGs of his eras.

Obviously he wasn't fighting scrubs.

My point is this, Floyd is an ATG, no debate here, yet he never fought a A prime fighter IMO, otherwise who? I might miss one.

It was either A has beens or prime B Maidanas/Corrales at best.

The only one who could have a point is Canelo but dude was a quite green 23 old and had to make 152 when they perfectly knew he was going life and death to make 154.

I wish you would understand what I'm saying.

I said myself he didn't have to fight Wright, Williams or Forrest. But that would be seeking greatness.

Manny didn't have to make his 147 campain to be fair...
        Floyd could have been the true best ever. We both know he isn't and could have been.

If you can't see the "safety first/protecting my 0" style in Floyd's record next to Armstrong, Duran, Manny or Oscar records, then I would be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Nah Eff, C'mon you starting to be the emotional dude there throwing the "hater" argument in each post.
          Nah its not emotional on my end (I just like to f#cking curse). I'm just at a legit loss as to why people do this with Floyd & being a hater seems like its likely to be among the first & foremost reasons people hold Floyd to a higher level then other guys.

You need to compare him to Oscar, Manny, Roy, other multi division ATGs of his eras.
          Thats who I am comparing him to. And he stands with them & usually above them.

My point is this, Floyd is an ATG, no debate here, yet he never fought a A prime fighter IMO, otherwise who? I might miss one.
          See now as all these anti-Floyd guys do you are trying to change the goalposts lol. Cmon man. I was thinking wut the hell upon your steer towards Floyd criticism that seemed weird, but I swear you are hitting every Floyd hater mark. Not even saying you are a Floyd hater merely saying you know all the targets & talking points that don't really make sense if you delve deeper.

I never brought up "prime fighters". Idek wtf that is necessarily & it certainly seems like its somewhat debatable. What I did bring up was top 5 ranked fighters & Floyd fought a ton of them & more.

It was either A has beens or prime B Maidanas/Corrales at best.
          iirc Corrales was a top ten P4P guy when he fought Floyd & you're telling me he was a "prime B" fighter????

LOL this is damn near turning into a boxing comedy skit or something.

[quote]The only one who could have a point is Canelo but dude was a quite green 23 old and had to make 152 when they perfectly knew he was going life and death to make 154.[quote]

Some of you guys believe far too much bs with other fighters. Canelo dying to make 152, Canelo can't make 154 anymore...moves to 155, can't make 160 doe. Canelo like a pretty girl that make your ass get outta bed at 4am to go buy her ass some Cherry Garcia.

I wish you would understand what I'm saying.

I said myself he didn't have to fight Wright, Williams or Forrest. But that would be seeking greatness.
          Oh man. Really Floyd didn't chase greatness???? Fighting Williams sloppy ass woulda been chasing greatness? And I'd have left Margarito out here to with chasing greatness. But you don't chase Forrest or Wright to find greatness. Those are hardcore fan fights that noexceot hardcore fans woulda cared about.

If you can't see the "safety first/protecting my 0" style in Floyd's record next to Armstrong, Duran, Manny or Oscar records, then I would be surprised.
          I'm not gonna comment on Armstrong, Duran & Floyd cuz those are different eras in the sport & boxing back in those days to Floyd's days are massively different & its unfair to both sides of the discussion.

Floyd's fighting approach was almost always safety first, specifically in the later years, but I didn't see that in his schedule. If anything Floyd was simply on another level to Manny & Oscar thus he made better fighters look way worse discounting his own W's in a sense.

So if you are saying Floyd shoulda chased much bigger challenges than these other cats did cuz his greatness was bigger then okay maybe I see your point, but to my original point the fact that you don't buy he fought top 5 guys for almost a decade like the list I gave you says you got a blind spot with Floyd stuff for some sorta reason thats based on something besides how bad ass Floyd was.

Note to self: I gotta stay away from retired fighters resume debates lmfao. These things just give both guys L's cuz they waste your time & you never convince the other person of much of anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eff Pandas;18708543]Nah its not emotional on my end (I just like to f#cking curse). I'm just at a legit loss as to why people do this with Floyd & being a hater seems like its likely to be among the first & foremost reasons people hold Floyd to a higher level then other guys.

Thats who I am comparing him to. And he stands with them & usually above them.

See now as all these anti-Floyd guys do you are trying to change the goalposts lol. Cmon man. I was thinking wut the hell upon your steer towards Floyd criticism that seemed weird, but I swear you are hitting every Floyd hater mark. Not even saying you are a Floyd hater merely saying you know all the targets & talking points that don't really make sense if you delve deeper.

I never brought up "prime fighters". Idek wtf that is necessarily & it certainly seems like its somewhat debatable. What I did bring up was top 5 ranked fighters & Floyd fought a ton of them & more.

iirc Corrales was a top ten P4P guy when he fought Floyd & you're telling me he was a "prime B" fighter????

LOL this is damn near turning into a boxing comedy skit or something.

[quote]The only one who could have a point is Canelo but dude was a quite green 23 old and had to make 152 when they perfectly knew he was going life and death to make 154.

Some of you guys believe far too much bs with other fighters. Canelo dying to make 152, Canelo can't make 154 anymore...moves to 155, can't make 160 doe. Canelo like a pretty girl that make your ass get outta bed at 4am to go buy her ass some Cherry Garcia.

Oh man. Really Floyd didn't chase greatness???? Fighting Williams sloppy ass woulda been chasing greatness? And I'd have left Margarito out here to with chasing greatness. But you don't chase Forrest or Wright to find greatness. Those are hardcore fan fights that noexceot hardcore fans woulda cared about.

I'm not gonna comment on Armstrong, Duran & Floyd cuz those are different eras in the sport & boxing back in those days to Floyd's days are massively different & its unfair to both sides of the discussion.

Floyd's fighting approach was almost always safety first, specifically in the later years, but I didn't see that in his schedule. If anything Floyd was simply on another level to Manny & Oscar thus he made better fighters look way worse discounting his own W's in a sense.

So if you are saying Floyd shoulda chased much bigger challenges than these other cats did cuz his greatness was bigger then okay maybe I see your point, but to my original point the fact that you don't buy he fought top 5 guys for almost a decade like the list I gave you says you got a blind spot with Floyd stuff for some sorta reason thats based on something besides how bad ass Floyd was.

Note to self: I gotta stay away from retired fighters resume debates lmfao. These things just give both guys L's cuz they waste your time & you never convince the other person of much of anything.
            The aim is to understand each others, more than "convince" each others.
            You would need to convince somebody if you hold the truth but nobody does.
            Those guys "yeah real talk" kills me, when they just throw like anybody their own bias agenda.
            None of us are truly right, we just seeing things from different angles.
            I always said the truth is the amount of every opinions, not one particular opinion, every single personal opinion is biased (more or less).

COming back to Floyd:
            Bryan Kenny bashed him for that, Charlemagne Da God too, I don't think they were Floyd haters, Floyd has been so so in opponents chose bro at some point. I'm not tripping.

To conclude:
            I think Floyd chased more Money than greatness at some point, and it affects his TBE "status"

I'm not a hater, some guys calls him Fraud or whatever, they just nuts, you can call a critic maybe

Comment

God bless Eff Pandas for taking it on again for the billionth completely unnecessary Floyd derailment where every thread is an excuse to **** on Floyd with standards that no human being has or could ever measure up to.

Comment

Loma :ROCK:

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                  God bless Eff Pandas for taking it on again for the billionth completely unnecessary Floyd derailment where every thread is an excuse to **** on Floyd with standards that no human being has or could ever measure up to.
                  LMFAO right. I'm a glutton for punishment for bs like this I suppose.

I sorta hate that some fans can't appreciate Floyd for what he did to its fullest degree. Floyd's whole career is some conspiracy almost with some of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Even when you say you don't want a resume debate no one hears you lol. Everyone loves a unwinnable stupid resume debate I guess.

First off I didn't say ANY of these guys fought "all top fighters". I think I had a 100% success rate in saying EVERYONE didn't fight some top fighter in some wonky ass thread some noob made. Its an unattainable goal cuz there is always someone you didn't fight for some reason. Boxing is like that.

But what I did say for Loma & these other guys is that they should be fighting top 5 guys in divisions they are in (minus some bs mandatories they had to fight to keep a belt usually) & I believe they ALL DID THAT INCLUDING FLOYD IN FACT SPECIFICALLY FLOYD DID THAT & without dorking out too much on boxrec probably better then the other guys longevity-wise. I mean ffs from 2006-2015 Floyd f#cking killed ONLY top 5 guys I believe along with several P4P guys.

2006 Zab Judah
                    2006 Carlos Baldomir
                    2007 Oscar De La Hoya
                    2007 Ricky Hatton
                    2009 Juan Manuel Marquez
                    2010 Shane Mosley
                    2011 Victor Ortiz
                    2012 Miguel Cotto
                    2013 Robert Guerrero
                    2013 Saul Alvarez
                    2014 Marcos Maidana
                    2014 Marcos Maidana
                    2015 Manny Pacquiao

Show me a another guy with this many high level, back to back fights in a row, from this era. Or others I guess to, but w/e you come up with I don't believe you will come up with a lot of guys whos resume looks like this cuz its some rare ass sh^t.

I understand Floyd really pisses some of you guys off, but if you are dogging this sorta level of talent that Floyd beat & usually made look way worse then they actually are idk what else to suggest to you other than you should try to be more reasonable & rational about boxing &/or less emotional cuz you don't like someone if thats the case cuz clearly there are a million & one reasons to hate Floyd if you wanna hate him & thats a much more fair take on Floyd than his resume is lacking.
                    Timing, Floyd has amazing timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      Loma dares to be great.

Future ATG!
                      Arguably already is imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X