No announcement yet.

Can I ask one SERIOUS question about this 50 million offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    Whoever the investors are, they aren't willing to do it twice, hence no rematch clause.
    You gotta be a **** investor to not wanna get paid on a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      If Haymon actually wanted to make the fight it doesn't start with a Wilder vague twitter which is ????

What team Haymon has done is create an imaginary circumstance with no contract and an imaginary time line for Hearn to accept bc theres no details guaranteeing an actual 50 Million $$$ or it would have been included with the financial backers.

One has to gullible to believe that Hearn would agree to a 24 hour mystery deal ,what is he suppose to sign ? The E mail .

On top of that they extended the Hearn meeting until tomorrow .

Its painfully obvious which side is going to try and build the fight up through the social media , its the team that doesnt actual want to negotiate so they can get more money !

The NO rematch claus should have told all of you this anyway .

I just want to see the fight but yeah there are many questions to ask regarding Wilder's offer.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        If Haymon actually wanted to make the fight it doesn't start with a Wilder vague twitter which is ????

What team Haymon has done is create an imaginary circumstance with no contract and an imaginary time line for Hearn to accept bc theres no details guaranteeing an actual 50 Million $$$ or it would have been included with the financial backers.

One has to gullible to believe that Hearn would agree to a 24 hour mystery deal ,what is he suppose to sign ? The E mail .

On top of that they extended the Hearn meeting until tomorrow .

Its painfully obvious which side is going to try and build the fight up through the social media , its the team that doesnt actual want to negotiate so they can get more money !

The NO rematch claus should have told all of you this anyway .

if the shoe was on the other foot you would be defending the hell out of a so called $50 million offer, when hearn sends emails its all good, you guys biase needs a little more balance, it makes you look terrible to defend anything eddie says but condemn anything that comes his way. the 12.5mil mystery deal without a date or venue was just fine with you all, now look at you

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
          IF they have that kinda money lying around, why has Wilder only been getting like 2 million paypackets?

No hate, no bs, just serious responses please.
          Clearly others (Haymon/PBC, Showtime, etc.) are backing him financially. Deontay communicated the offer because he doesn't have a promoter and Haymon likes to stay behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
            I used to think that maybe Joshua could win it easy but now I don't think either guy wins it easy and I can see it possibly going to a decision which is why I'm preferential to having the bout in the United States. I don't want the judges to favor either man but to be accurate.
            You must be ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Maybe they feel this fight is worth putting up that kind of money and the others were not
              WHERE is the money coming from?

And weren't you one of those crying about Hearn's so called 48 hours, take it or leave it (which clearly turned out to be false)? So why arent you crying about Finkel's 24 hours?

Also, I guarantee this, and feel free to quote me when it's done, the fight will never generate $100 million and Wilder's team will never be able to pay up even a fraction of $50 million to AJ.

Fight gets done, AJ makes in excess of $20 million, Wilder around $12-15.

Wilder, Finkel, Haymon, Showtime, whoever is involved in this charade are simply buying time and giving Wilder one more easy defence before he loses the title and is never heard of any more.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Maybe they feel this fight is worth putting up that kind of money and the others were not
                Exactly! Now I don't have to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  You gotta be a **** investor to not wanna get paid on a rematch.
                  Lol.. relax.. its just a pressure tactic.. there will be a rematch if wilder wins.. and the fight does well.. monetarily.. but this time we will call all the shots. And get the lions share of the pot.

Comment

he's fighting primarily on showtime, where htey have a finite budget and can't pay anybody more than around 2 million for a fight. and then what do you do when he holds out for more next time?

remember alexander - bradley? no. that's my point. HBO paid about 1/4 of the yearly budget for that fight and it was terrible! they fired the director of HBO sports becuase it set the whole year back!

wilder gets paid when he doesn't fight, many top haymon fighters get an allowance.

the 50 million is probably not a serious offer, but it would generate revenue through ppv sales and las vegas. vegas pays for a fight to be there becayse they bring in so much gambling. free arena that they literall pay you to fight in. think about that.

just trsut em when i say this, and eddie hearn has confirmed, this fight has a higher ceiling in america. our economy is 10 times the size of yours. we have 320 million people compared to the 60 million in england. a ringside seat in las vegas is more than a section of nose bleeders in an english stadium.

there's a built in market for a loud talking, big, tall, black HW with knockout power here. they're easy to promote! show highlights and bring the guy on a press tour. there is already some buzz about the fight, i have heard it on sports radio. just invest a bit and viola, you have the biggest fight in boxing and you can promote it here.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      WHERE is the money coming from?

And weren't you one of those crying about Hearn's so called 48 hours, take it or leave it (which clearly turned out to be false)? So why arent you crying about Finkel's 24 hours?

Also, I guarantee this, and feel free to quote me when it's done, the fight will never generate $100 million and Wilder's team will never be able to pay up even a fraction of $50 million to AJ.

Fight gets done, AJ makes in excess of $20 million, Wilder around $12-15.

Wilder, Finkel, Haymon, Showtime, whoever is involved in this charade are simply buying time and giving Wilder one more easy defence before he loses the title and is never heard of any more.

that does not matter! it's a guarantee and PBC / showtime is putting up the coin! even if the fight generates a dollar hearn and joshua will still be paid! and if it does more they have an upside! PBC had well over a quarter billion in capital last time i checked. and showitme / cbs is one of hte biggest media companies in the world and cuts a 50 million dollar us check several times a quarter.

the money is guaranteed!

Comment

Working...
                      X