Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Street15 View Post
    Did I say Adama was a mandatory? My mistake. You listed a whole bunch of names. I may have jumbled them up and I"m sure I had them out of order as well.

You just want what you want. If he doesn't fight someone that you want him to, you bash him. I'd hate to see how you are towards other fights who don't have half of the resume that he has. I wonder if you bash people that give up belts, don't face mandatories, don't ever unify.

I wonder if you think that just because MIkey called out Crawford and Thurman and Errol that if neither of them fight him, then they're ducking him? Especially considering he's at 135 and he doesn't come anywhere near close what they're walking around weight is.

I get your frustration that fighters don't fight everybody you think they should. Unfortunately, NOT A SOLE in the fight game does. That's just the nature of boxing.

You'll be here forever bashing boxers that didn't fight people YOU think THEY should have fought.

nope, I have been following this game for years

never seen a supposed top fighter pass up more meaningful fights than he takes, like Golovkin..... and I have never heard such a sorry bunch of silly excuses than I have from that team

promised to fight anyone from 154-168..... but then killed THREE HUGE fights over weight lol

they are all hype and bull****

Biggest Winners and Losers of 2017
    "Golovkin waited his entire career for big fights and then fell short when he got them, struggling to beat Danny Jacobs and settling for a draw with Alvarez".....
    https://www.boxingscene.com/weekend-...s-2017--123732

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I agree with you. He wasn’t the one that failed a drug test, the onus is on Canelo to prove he is clean, GGG is selling him self short again to Canelo, we already know GGG is clean and is willing to go through testing to prove that again, no need to pander to that cheating idiot. You are very smart. Green K
      My take is they are agreeing to be tested to put pressure on the WBC and the NSAC to force or embarrass Canelo into testing. I have my doubts it's going to work but that's what they are after. Canelo and company have the NSAC and WBC on the payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        My take is they are agreeing to be tested to put pressure on the WBC and the NSAC to force or embarrass Canelo into testing. I have my doubts it's going to work but that's what they are after. Canelo and company have the NSAC and WBC on the payroll.
        Canelo has a strain relationship with the WBC current, I know the WBC are trying everything to get him back on board but currently there is an issue there.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          no, that is not true.....

"Golovkin will be the recipient of criticism for fighting a "nobody," but the star from Kazakhstan simply wants to stay as active"

fighting an ex-champ on HBO in a potential break-out fight, was meaningful..... fighting a nobody outside the USA, was not meaningful..... especially when you passed up a MUCH better option with HBO

just, yea..... that is rubbish, just more silly excuses

if anyone ever passes on more meaningful fights than they have taken, like Golovkin..... then I will, I promise
          That's twice I mentioned Adama's name on accident. You're right. I think I said in the other post as well that Adama was a name that I mistakenly brought up.

All the other fights were meaningful. I see you only nitpick at the Adama name and not the others. LOL. And rightfully so.

You say he passed on Mora, Lara, Cotto, and others. I forgot who. I think you mentioned Ward as well.

Look, if fights don't happen, it's not always a case of "fighter A just didn't want to fight fighter B". That's not how boxing works. You're trying to make it sound so simple, when it's not. Network issues, money issues, promoters not willing to work with one another, same trainers, all are reasons why alot of fights don't get made.

And to say that all of those fights that you mentioned were easy to make, and already negotiated for, with contracts on the table, and Gennady looked at them and decided to pass them up is simply not true. You can't pass up a fight that doesn't get negotiated. For example: Mikey called out Errol and Thurman - just because they don't fight him doesn't mean they passed that fight up.

Comment

never seen a supposed top fighter pass up more meaningful fights than he takes, like Golovkin..... and I have never heard such a sorry bunch of silly excuses than I have from that team

promised to fight anyone from 154-168..... but then killed THREE HUGE fights over weight lol

"Golovkin waited his entire career for big fights and then fell short when he got them, struggling to beat Danny Jacobs and settling for a draw with Alvarez".....
            1. I've always stated that was a mistake to say they will fight ANYONE from 54 to 68. They were better off saying they were willing to come down to 54 only for Floyd and willing to go up to 68 only for (insert a few 68 boxers) - if those fights made any type of sense. That way it'd be alot more specific. That's not the first time a a camp said something that ended up not being true

2. What 3 huge fights were killed over weight? I hope you aren't still talking about Ward and Lara. We already spoke on that ad nauseum.

3. To say he the only meaningful fights he had was Jacobs and Canelo is asinine. Alllll of the mandatories he had to fight against the #1 challengers at the time. The unification bout. How are you gonna say fighting a mandatory is not meaningful? Dude, you're all over the place. That makes no sense at all. Sounds like you rather him give up his belt in order to fight other people that YOU wanted him to fight. You can't play both sides of the fence.

You're talking about Gennady like he's Andrade. Never in any big fights, turning down the biggest mandated and enforced fight of his career, never reigning on top for long, always making excuses as to why he can't get a shot at a title. This is really a strong convo.

Comment

• Who cares about Clenelo rematch, first fight wasn't epic or anything close to it.

Comment

What the hell are you going on about. Cotto paid Golovkin to fight Canelo. Canelo gave up his title rather than face Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street15 View Post
                  1. I've always stated that was a mistake to say they will fight ANYONE from 54 to 68. They were better off saying they were willing to come down to 54 only for Floyd and willing to go up to 68 only for (insert a few 68 boxers) - if those fights made any type of sense. That way it'd be alot more specific. That's not the first time a a camp said something that ended up not being true

2. What 3 huge fights were killed over weight? I hope you aren't still talking about Ward and Lara. We already spoke on that ad nauseum.

3. To say he the only meaningful fights he had was Jacobs and Canelo is asinine. Alllll of the mandatories he had to fight against the #1 challengers at the time. The unification bout. How are you gonna say fighting a mandatory is not meaningful? Dude, you're all over the place. That makes no sense at all. Sounds like you rather him give up his belt in order to fight other people that YOU wanted him to fight. You can't play both sides of the fence.

You're talking about Gennady like he's Andrade. Never in any big fights, turning down the biggest mandated and enforced fight of his career, never reigning on top for long, always making excuses as to why he can't get a shot at a title. This is really a strong convo.
                  A majority of that talk initially came from Sanchez. He once said Golovkin would be better than Ali. Now come on Able give your head a shake. I think he's an enthusiastic guy that supports his fighters but he set the plot line with that kind of talk. Hyperbole and boxing are inseparable apparently.

Comment

A majority of that talk initially came from Sanchez. He once said Golovkin would be better than Ali. Now come on Able give your head a shake. I think he's an enthusiastic guy that supports his fighters but he set the plot line with that kind of talk. Hyperbole and boxing are inseparable apparently.
                    That's the thing with people who don't like a certain boxer or athlete in general. They pick and choose what they want to take seriously to support their decision to not like someone. They just aren't consistent.

For instance, I could say " I don't like Roy Jones all because he got popped for steroids at the end of his career" - and then turn around and say "but I really like Mosley, Brandon Rios, and James Toney".

And as soon as they find something that is wrong, or inaccurate, or a lie - they will continue to use that very thing as a the origin as to why they don't like them, no matter what the situation.

For instance, I've seen people destroy Danny Garcia for the Salka situation (rightfully so). But to say "Danny won't ever fight Errol Spence or anybody else with a heartbeat because all he wants to do is fight the Salka's of the world" is entirely ridiculous.

When people don't like someone, they don't know how to separate their utter dislike from rationality.

Comment

What the hell are you going on about. Cotto paid Golovkin to fight Canelo. Canelo gave up his title rather than face Golovkin.
                      Exactly. It was clear that Cotto didn't want to fight him. Gave him 800k to step aside. The Sergio Martinez fight just didn't happen due to injuries. Sturm who was #1 at the time, clearly ducked Gennady. Canelo gave up a belt to not have to fight him.

To say those weren't 4 big fights at the time they couldve happened is ridiculous. And none of those were his fault. Now, somone could say "he didn't have to accept step aside money from Cotto". But even then, that didn't guarantee a Cotto fight. Cotto said he was willing to give up the belt anyway for the big money fight with Canelo. He banked in over $15m for that fight. I don't blame him.

Comment

Working...
                      X