Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Last week it was announced that Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) would be suspended for six months by the Nevada Athletic Commission. A few weeks ago he withdrew from his highly anticipated rematch with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) which was scheduled to headline an HBO Pay-Per-View on May 5th at the T-Mobile Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I am in full favour of drug testing but exhausted with this obsession. Why should Canelo fight a true beast like GGG right off the bat after a full year off and a knee surgery?

GGG challenge Saunders, get that belt in September, beat Derevyanchenko in December or even January. Canelo is now a middleweight, he is not running away. You can fight him in May 2019 after he has had his tune up.

Comment

Are we certain that Canelo plans to fight Golovkin next? Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
        I am in full favour of drug testing but exhausted with this obsession. Why should Canelo fight a true beast like GGG right off the bat after a full year off and a knee surgery?

GGG challenge Saunders, get that belt in September, beat Derevyanchenko in December or even January. Canelo is now a middleweight, he is not running away. You can fight him in May 2019 after he has had his tune up.
        First off, Canelo did not have knee surgery. He had a cyst removed from his outermost knee area, was actually exposed against the skin. It was a very noninvasive removal. About the equivalent of someone having a “bible” cyst removed from their wrist. Average time of rehab to be back at 100% is 7 Days, in order for the skin to heal. He has no stitches at that. It was super minor. Mine was done in the middle of January, I was back at work the next day. I’m a grading contractor and walk miles a day, up and down slopes, building heavy Highway. Canelo should forget about fighting G period. He also should be tested, at his expense, during his suspension, the same as the NSAC has done Kenichi Ogawa. Make it mandatory...or else he has another free window to try and get THIS CYCLES TIME DOWN PAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post

Golovkin is 36 now. Next May he'll be 37. I'm sure he wants to win the fight so for him time is running out. The sooner he fights him the better it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            First off, Canelo did not have knee surgery. He had a cyst removed from his outermost knee area, was actually exposed against the skin. It was a very noninvasive removal. About the equivalent of someone having a “bible” cyst removed from their wrist. Average time of rehab to be back at 100% is 7 Days, in order for the skin to heal. He has no stitches at that. It was super minor. Mine was done in the middle of January, I was back at work the next day. I’m a grading contractor and walk miles a day, up and down slopes, building heavy Highway. Canelo should forget about fighting G period. He also should be tested, at his expense, during his suspension, the same as the NSAC has done Kenichi Ogawa. Make it mandatory...or else he has another free window to try and get THIS CYCLES TIME DOWN PAT!!!
            sounds like that knee was where the PED needles were going. I heard they replaced parts of his knee with bone splints from a cow that was on clen. if you are telling the truth about your work you aint walking s hit. riding on a grader. I see 350LB guys on graders they aint walking

Comment

This fight lost its hype. Turned to a fight of drug tests.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                Doctors differ with how they operate then skin differs in how they heal. But you might be right about the surgery, it might be something minor. Still, It will be amazing if Canelo agrees to fight GGG in September.

I don't want Canelo to forget GGG. They should fight next May.

Comment

i wonder what canelo is doing right now to prepare for his next fight....i just dont know....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Golovkin is 36 now. Next May he'll be 37. I'm sure he wants to win the fight so for him time is running out. The sooner he fights him the better it is.
                    True, time is running out but it's not anyone's fault. That is life for you, tough luck! If Canelo wants to risk it in September after all this time off, his choice.

Good news: GGG is a 12 year pro who has never being in any wars, he is not an athletic fighter, he still has his stamina 100%, he never had or relied on speed or reflexes and power doesn't just suddenly fade off at 37... I'm betting he will do just fine next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X