Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing to Drug Test from May to September for Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
    True, time is running out but it's not anyone's fault. That is life for you, tough luck! If Canelo wants to risk it in September after all this time off, his choice.

Good news: GGG is a 12 year pro who has never being in any wars, he is not an athletic fighter, he still has his stamina 100%, he never had or relied on speed or reflexes and power doesn't just suddenly fade off at 37... I'm betting he will do just fine next year.
    excuse me - that's a naive post - it's all relative. The speed, reflexes and athleticism that HE has at 37 will not be the same that he has at 36 and even less than at 35 or 34. That is life for you. Unless you eat la carne mexicana.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
      "Golovkin willing to suck ginger's dick for September's fight"
      How?

With every statement/accusation that team GGG makes they are pi55ing off Canelo even more.

I'm sure if it was down to personal feeling and animosity that Canelo must feel towards Golovkin then he'd tell him to take a hike but he'll be aware that if he doesn't fight Golovkin he makes less money and it'll look like a massive duck/be bad for his legacy.

Comment

Does the rest of his career nope revolve around Nello

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Your kidding right?? Ward just retired at age 33. Calzaghe retired at 36. Hagler retired at age 34. Golovkin is at the age where top fighters retire. Golovkin has had 350 amature fights prior to his pro career. At what age do you think fighter start to slow down 38? 40? 50?
          I'll add that his training regime has been brutal as well.

He has NO clue. Most likely a teenage kid who thinks he'll feel the same 'forever'.

Got news for him - I'm 57 and even though I'm fit for my age I'm less fit than I was at 55 and way less fit than I was at, say, 47. As for 34 I was running half marathons - no chance to repeat previous times. Aging is progressive.

Hopkins was amazing and Foreman too - but I gotta think they were on something but just never got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Your kidding right?? Ward just retired at age 33. Calzaghe retired at 36. Hagler retired at age 34. Golovkin is at the age where top fighters retire. Golovkin has had 350 amature fights prior to his pro career. At what age do you think fighter start to slow down 38? 40? 50?
            The fighters you just mentioned, can you swap that for the good news I described for GGG? You can't but go ahead and try so you see the difference.

I bet you can name fighters who retired in their 40s too but that is beside the point I'm trying to make.

No he won't be fresher but he will do just fine, again cuz of what I described.

Pacquiao was light years ahead of GGG in terms of everything boxing, now he can barely beat a good Welterweight, the decline is extremely visible due to what he relied on to get advantages in his fight.

My point is very simple and straight forward.

Comment

GGG is acting too desperate right now.

Comment

So the guy who didn't test positive is willing to test from may through Sept to prove he's clean but the guy who tested positive hasn't said a word about doing the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                  This is team Golovkin's attempt to leverage the cicimstances to fight a clean Canelo. Problem is that it's a strategy that could cost them the fight in September because Canelo will not agree to those terms. I expect there will be similar testing requirements as last time but this time team Canelo will make sure he's clean by the time of testing.
                  I just think Canelo will postpone until next May. Silly not to. Golovkin should fight BJS - he's slick but not very threatening offensively. Beatable. Canelo can fight almost anyone for great money. Odds on Vanes getting a double payday?
                  Last edited by SteveM; 04-22-2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    I'll add that his training regime has been brutal as well.

He has NO clue. Most likely a teenage kid who thinks he'll feel the same 'forever'.

Got news for him - I'm 57 and even though I'm fit for my age I'm less fit than I was at 55 and way less fit than I was at, say, 47. As for 34 I was running half marathons - no chance to repeat previous times. Aging is progressive.

Hopkins was amazing and Foreman too - but I gotta think they were on something but just never got caught.
                    Could you not run similar marathons at 36 or did you suddenly just couldn't?

I'm not saying he will be perfect hence "he will do just fine" but there will be no huge decline that will suddenly give Canelo the edge except some external forces come into play.

We are talking about a year from now for a fighter who is more of a power puncher than anything else.
                    Last edited by mvooom; 04-22-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
                      Does the rest of his career nope revolve around Nello
                      His goal since turning pro has always been to unify the middleweight division. He's never denied that. Of course beating Canelo would be #1 since he's the lineal champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X