Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant boxing give us more cards like last night???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been better if wasnt mismatches. Broner vargas was ok. Charlo should have fought jacobs and tank should maybe get some test and not just guys he can bully. Tank good though

Comment

But it's pbc it's dying isn't it?

Comment

Lol, the Main Event came on only an hour and fifteen minutes into the telecast.

That was the quickest time I can remember a Main Event starting because the two other supporting fights were so void of competition. Davis and Charlo ran roughshod over their mismatched opponents.

While I enjoyed watching 3 stars, only 1 fight was competitive. The other two fights were joke opponents. They need to match up better competition.

Comment

Three Name fighters however they fought very SAFE opposition!
          Their opponents were good enough boxers with good records but none of them could break an egg.
          Their opponents were the type of talents that young fighters fight when their entering the top ten not when they are top ten.

These promoters are very cautious who they use because boxing is NOT a deep talent pool and they have no minor leaque's that are ready to move up.

Decent show but don't go to far, Broner was close to getting beat by a guy who has no punch at all but out punched Broner the first half
          of the fight. Go figure Broners in between rounds, I thought Cunningham was going to slap his azz in the corner. What a terrible corner to work, yelling, begging and cussing from a bunch of posers! Cunningham will need a vacation from Broner after that night.

Ray

Comment

The main events was evenly matched as expected, so that was good. The rest were predictable outcomes.

I prefer cards with a good main event and another competitive fight just beforehand. Stacking the card with names but in one sided fights, not so much. That's what tends to happen more often than not though, on both sides of the pond.

Comment

The main event was a very good fight but the caliber of both guys is more undercard quality. Davis and Charlo fights were gross mismatches with obvious outcomes.

Comment

There was only one good fight on this card, if ggg fought centeno everyone would call it the cherry pick of the year, and Davis fought another jobber who got knocked out before. The main event was a even match up that’s about it but the card itself was not that great.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
                  I wish boxing would give us cards like the one at barclays last night! We had 3 big names on one card which was dope af!! We had broner, tank, and charlo! Do you guys think this will become a trend in boxing? How awesome would it be for boxing to stack cards with multiple big name fighters all on the same card!?!! I really hope this starts to become the norm!!!

what do u guys think?
                  A - none of those are big names, Broner may have been on the verge a while back but he is too far gone now

B - apart from Broner v Vargas, the rest of the card was an established fighter v a bum

That does not equate to it being a stacked card.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    2 of the 3 fights were mismatches, man. Depends what you want to see, I guess. Myself I'd prefer competitive match-ups even if it's guys you don't know as well, but I acknowledge there is a certain pleasure to be had watching a guy you root for smack 12 colours of poop out of some hapless victim.
                    The card from 2 weeks ago was a much better card on paper. But this card had two spectacular KO's and a good main event. Those 2 KO's leading into the main event had everybody hyped up. And Broner-Vargas delivered

Comment

Put Wilder and Joshua on the same card in Brooklyn

Comment

Working...
                      X