Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant boxing give us more cards like last night???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
    Been better if wasnt mismatches. Broner vargas was ok. Charlo should have fought jacobs and tank should maybe get some test and not just guys he can bully. Tank good though
    Why should Charlo had fought Jacobs when this was a WBC eliminator and Jacobs is fighting a WBA eliminator next week?

Comment

Really enjoyed the boxing I've seen this weekend. I watched the Barclay's contest on DVR today managing to avoid the results. I thought the Broner Vargas was intriguing. Not a classic, but very competitive. Vargas is a tough competitor, if he had a better punch Broner would've been in all sorts of trouble.

Quite enjoyed watching Davies again just because he and Charlo for that matter are exciting even if the opposition wasn't so great.

The Frampton Donaire, Cummings Keeler and Upton McKenna fights from Belfast were all entertaining as was Dodd Coyle from Liverpool.

Boxed out now

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Why should Charlo had fought Jacobs when this was a WBC eliminator and Jacobs is fighting a WBA eliminator next week?
        Because i am a boxing fan and would like to see charlo actually fight legit mw... I mean if dummygraphic gonna start saying someone ducking charlo then maybe he should fight top guys at mw and not a one legged man and a bum lol. It fools the fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          2 of the 3 fights were mismatches, man. Depends what you want to see, I guess. Myself I'd prefer competitive match-ups even if it's guys you don't know as well, but I acknowledge there is a certain pleasure to be had watching a guy you root for smack 12 colours of poop out of some hapless victim.
          I agree.

Three 50/50 fights would show much more from the promoters as far as their commitment to entertainment and value, regardless of the outcomes.

Comment

The card from 2 weeks ago was a much better card on paper. But this card had two spectacular KO's and a good main event. Those 2 KO's leading into the main event had everybody hyped up. And Broner-Vargas delivered
            Sadly I hadda catch up this afternoon as I have to all too often these days with the US cards, ain't got the time I used to - or the insomnia for that matter, but I'm sure it was an exciting card. Shame.. you just don't get the same buzz watching the next day, even if you don't already know the result.

Course, I know that kind of thing is kinda necessary when you're building guys - or at least, it's the way we've become accustomed to things being done, but I still prefer better matched fights whenever it's possible. Sometimes even watching a regional match-up can be just as exciting, regardless of skill level, providing the levels and styles mesh is right.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
              I wish boxing would give us cards like the one at barclays last night! We had 3 big names on one card which was dope af!! We had broner, tank, and charlo! Do you guys think this will become a trend in boxing? How awesome would it be for boxing to stack cards with multiple big name fighters all on the same card!?!! I really hope this starts to become the norm!!!

what do u guys think?
              There have been some pretty good cards this year. And last. Been that way for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                Because i am a boxing fan and would like to see charlo actually fight legit mw... I mean if dummygraphic gonna start saying someone ducking charlo then maybe he should fight top guys at mw and not a one legged man and a bum lol. It fools the fools.
                GGG is a legit MW right? That's who he's trying to fight. Unless you think he's ducking Jacobs to fight the guy who beat Jacobs. That's crazy talk

Comment

And the only one that was expected to be a 50/50 fight was the main card between second/third tier fighters.
                  The top fighters are still fighting bums.

Comment

why did ggg fight top middleweights while waiting for his wbc shot? oh the good old days of 1-2 years ago where guys didn't just wait on their shot barking nonstop and not fighting anyone. never ever have high standards.

Comment

GGG is a legit MW right? That's who he's trying to fight. Unless you think he's ducking Jacobs to fight the guy who beat Jacobs. That's crazy talk
                      and ggg was trying to fight martinez, cotto, and canelo. did he just sit there fighting bums? well according to some haters sure but in reality he fought 2 of the top guys in lemieux and jacobs and saunders turned him down. oh well different standards for different folks. you are fine with charlo just waiting a long period of time. imagine if ggg had done that....

Comment

Working...
                      X