Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Bring on Golovkin - I Want That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centano didn't linger too long in the pocket, he lingered too long as a pro fighter.
    The only message Junkmail sent last night was, you don't have to do too much to be a mandatory in the MW division.
    People dis Vanes, but no doubt he puts the beat down on Centano.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      He beat Trout easily. The closet judge card was 115 - 113, the other two were 116 - 112...this site had it 116-112. Dan Rafael had it 116 - 112. I had it 116 - 112. Showtime had it 116 - 112.

It wasn't close at all. Charlo cleary won that fight. Keep the nonsense. Come with some solid analysis.

And Charlo has Ko'd the same caliber of opponents as GGG (and he's my guy).
      Also you have to add in that Trout has good defense. He moves his head and feet. GGG is a stationary target. He doesn't move his head much. His offense is his defense.

Comment

GGG is my dude but I think this kid is all wrong for him.

He hits harder and sharper than Jacobs. He's never off balance or sloppy like Danny either (which is how Danny got dropped).

His jab is the best in that division, and his counters on the inside are truly textbook shots.

I rewatched the Williams and Trout fights along with this one in the last 48 hours. The ring IQ of this Charlo is serious. He's a patient stalker who sees everything on the inside.

He'd fight GGG coming forward, not backwards. It'll be one for the history books if it happens. Somebody would go.
        Jacobs hits harder than Charlo and he has much better movement. Charlo hasn't defeated anyone to prove that he has legit ring iq. let's not forget that he went to war with Trout. I'm pretty sure GGG would've stopped Trout. You guys need to let these guys prove themselves before crowning them.

Comment

Jacobs would get dropped by Charlo maybe even KO'd. A lot of people will be surprised. Danny can box but he'd try to fight Charlo the same way he fought GGG.

Charlo would stalk him, very similar to the Williams fight.

His biggest problem with Charlo is his balance and tenedcy to get sloppy. That's why he gets dropped from time to time (See the Mora; he has other examples on film too like the GGG jab that dropped him. That's was all a footwork/balance issue). Danny is a hell of a boxer, but I see this young guy finding him. We're talking about a much more athletic stalker than GGG. That jab and counter right on the inside would be finding Danny all night.
          Charlo doesn't have GGG jab, footwork, or ability to cut off the the ring. Also, there are some question marks regarding Jermall's chin.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
            Also you have to add in that Trout has good defense. He moves his head and feet. GGG is a stationary target. He doesn't move his head much. His offense is his defense.
            GGG is good at parrying and blocking. He doesn't have to move his head

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              Jacobs hits harder than Charlo and he has much better movement. Charlo hasn't defeated anyone to prove that he has legit ring iq. let's not forget that he went to war with Trout. I'm pretty sure GGG would've stopped Trout. You guys need to let these guys prove themselves before crowning them.
              He did not go to war with Trout at all. Some of you guys just post regurgitated nonsense.

Trout won 3 or 4 rounds tops. Closest card (from the judges or writers had it 7-5).

Almost all had it 8-4
              Last edited by Butch.McRae; 04-22-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Other than his chin I don't see Jacobs being vulnerable to Charlo. To me he looks more athletic and more powerful. He has a high KO ratio against bigger men. For sure it would a very good fight but I think Danny is the more versatile, smarter boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                  Charlo doesn't have GGG jab, footwork, or ability to cut off the the ring. Also, there are some question marks regarding Jermall's chin.
                  Do you watch boxing? Charlo has been cracked several times to no avail.

Comment

Trust me, Tom Loeffler and Abel Sanchez wants no part of Jermall Charlo anytime soon. I am not saying that GGG doesn't want any part of him because he is a fighter. He'll fight anyone they put in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Other than his chin I don't see Jacobs being vulnerable to Charlo. To me he looks more athletic and more powerful. He has a high KO ratio against bigger men. For sure it would a very good fight but I think Danny is the more versatile, smarter boxer.
                      That chin and his balance/footwork are the reasons I think the kid will take him. Danny is definitely more versatile though.

Comment

Working...
                      X