Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Bring on Golovkin - I Want That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
    Everybody's forgetting about eubank.. there's not a strong enough 160 pounder to do to eubank what groves did at 168..
    I'm a Eubank fan, but I need to see more from him before I can put him in with these top 160lbers. Once Eubank starts getting asked questions by top ten guys & can answer them then maybe I'lll include him on thi ksst

Randomly when is he fighting again? whats the word on who it'll be? Seems like that 168 final is highly unlikely now that they got a UK guy healthy in the finals + its sounds + it sounds l bssn pushed back to fit Groves injury?

Comment

GGG is my dude but I think this kid is all wrong for him.

He hits harder and sharper than Jacobs. He's never off balance or sloppy like Danny either (which is how Danny got dropped).

His jab is the best in that division, and his counters on the inside are truly textbook shots.

I rewatched the Williams and Trout fights along with this one in the last 48 hours. The ring IQ of this Charlo is serious. He's a patient stalker who sees everything on the inside.

He'd fight GGG coming forward, not backwards. It'll be one for the history books if it happens. Somebody would go.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        its easy to bark when you know there is no chance of the fight happening since ggg-canelo is next on the wbc schedule and he knows the mandatory wont be ordered until thats settled which gives charlo free reign to fight bum after bum while barking. why not try to take on jacobs, derey, saunders, murata someone available and good? its easy to ko bum...we heard that over and over when ggg was doing it lol. why not step up the comp? oh we saw what happened against trout nevermind...
        He beat Trout easily. The closet judge card was 115 - 113, the other two were 116 - 112...this site had it 116-112. Dan Rafael had it 116 - 112. I had it 116 - 112. Showtime had it 116 - 112.

It wasn't close at all. Charlo cleary won that fight. Keep the nonsense. Come with some solid analysis.

And Charlo has Ko'd the same caliber of opponents as GGG (and he's my guy).

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          Why would Saunders fight him? Jacobs said he wants to fight him but I can’t see Hearn making that fight.
          Jacobs would get dropped by Charlo maybe even KO'd. A lot of people will be surprised. Danny can box but he'd try to fight Charlo the same way he fought GGG.

Charlo would stalk him, very similar to the Williams fight.

His biggest problem with Charlo is his balance and tenedcy to get sloppy. That's why he gets dropped from time to time (See the Mora; he has other examples on film too like the GGG jab that dropped him. That's was all a footwork/balance issue). Danny is a hell of a boxer, but I see this young guy finding him. We're talking about a much more athletic stalker than GGG. That jab and counter right on the inside would be finding Danny all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            Jacobs would get dropped by Charlo maybe even KO'd. A lot of people will be surprised. Danny can box but he'd try to fight Charlo the same way he fought GGG.

Charlo would stalk him, very similar to the Williams fight.

His biggest problem with Charlo is his balance and tenedcy to get sloppy. That's why he gets dropped from time to time (See the Mora; he has other examples on film too like the GGG jab that dropped him. That's was all a footwork/balance issue). Danny is a hell of a boxer, but I see this young guy finding him. We're talking about a much more athletic stalker than GGG. That jab and counter right on the inside would be finding Danny all night.
            You made it sound as if Charlo is Gerald McLellan lol. Charlo would eat a straight right hand, then after tasting his power, he would be reluctant to come in and Jacob's would have his way on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              You made it sound as if Charlo is Gerald McLellan lol. Charlo would eat a straight right hand, then after tasting his power, he would be reluctant to come in and Jacob's would have his way on him.
              Go back watch some tape on Danny and you'll see what I'm saying. Charlo doesn't fight going backwards. He's either going to take a beating by a sharper guy or he's going to walk you down w/ the intent to stop you.

I'm just going off of what I see Danny doing on film. Very athletic guy with solid pop, but I think crisp punching from a comparable opponent will be his undoing. I think balance is the key in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Canelo will take a Tune up this September, watch.

I see nothing to think ggg will fight SD, Suanders, Jacobs, or Charlo. He was all about being the guy who fights his mandatories until those guys because guys with a pulse.
                You'll see. As soon as there's an opportunity where everything lines up to where he can fight Jacobs or Charlo that's when he'll say "welp, I gotta fight Sergiy". Lol, he'll take the path of least resistance. Put Vanes and Sergiy in front of him and he'll take Vanes. Put Charlo, Jacobs, and Sergiy in front of him and he'll take Sergiy.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  its easy to bark when you know there is no chance of the fight happening since ggg-canelo is next on the wbc schedule and he knows the mandatory wont be ordered until thats settled which gives charlo free reign to fight bum after bum while barking. why not try to take on jacobs, derey, saunders, murata someone available and good? its easy to ko bum...we heard that over and over when ggg was doing it lol. why not step up the comp? oh we saw what happened against trout nevermind...
                  Yeah. That's why I still pay no attention to these undercard fighters, the Charlo sisters until they take over control of their careers.
                  They even admit it openly and always thank Haymon for giving them non-threatening opponents.
                  What about demanding the fights they want for once?
                  The thing I noticed with these Haymon fighters is they never mention a second choice like Jacobs for instance.
                  How about saying, "If the fight doesn't happen, give me Jacobs."

Comment

Forget about ggg. GGG is done. No respect for GGG, because he is fighting a bum. He will get Canelo rematch then retire. Charlo shouldn't wait for ggg, he should fight someone like Derevyanchenko or Andrade or Murata, because Jacobs and Saunders will never take the fight.

Comment

GGG may move up to 168 and fight Degale(a guy I think he actually can beat) then retire. He can no longer cherry pick at 160.. Everywhere he turns there is a challenge. That boogieman bs is dead now.

Comment

Working...
                      X