Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Promotions, is it really so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Because Badou Jack is actually a good fighter.
    I agree...

Comment

Floyd doesn't promote his fighters. He just talks about himself and makes the event about himself. Jack-DeGale was a great match-up but he just used it as tool to talk about himself and drum up interest in fighting McTapout. He just loves himself and his own voice too much and doesn't care enough about the fighters, the sport or the public enough to properly promote.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
        FMJ sucks at promoting fighters, (ARGUABLY) the best boxer of this pass generation but he cant help but to promote himself in the process of promoting another fighter signed to him or bring up his pass fights. I think tank should take the spence route and promote himself after his contract is up.. I've never heard Oscar talk about Canelo fighting anyone without Canelo knowing of it. The fact that he went on showtime and said Lomachenko was next for tank & he's been talking to Tank Rank behind Tanks back while preparing for another fight is unprofessional.
        Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
        crappy promotional company will go the way of sms promotions lol. gayweather jr doesn't know how to promote other fighters. how long can they afford to pay the corrupt abc belt orgs for title shots?
        whatever happened to ishe smith jeon love or bey??? they fell off the face of the earth LMAO!
        also not good for a promoter to throw his own fighter under the bus just because you have a frail ego.
        This is where FMJ fighting in the MMA for a billion dollars comes into play... promotion company plus jets and foreign cars.. & 20 people to take care of
        Jeon Love I think had potential... those fighters seem to me just me thinking are happy with the 400, 000 pay fighting bums they should be main stream by now, only one to break out that group is Badou Jack
        guy made 2 alts to talk to himself..lol

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          If its a 10 minute interview, Floyd will spend one minute talking about the fighter, and the other 9 on his agenda. Which is how he left Arum, how he broke ppv records, how he made it cool to be a safety first defensive fighter, how he made smart investments, etc, etc. etc.....
          This is why Floyd and most great fighters dont make good trainers or or promoters. They're too self centered...focused on being the best trainer/promoter instead of making the best fighter...and many best fighters are self centered themselves so they won't mesh with Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            guy made 2 alts to talk to himself..lol
            Lol is that why he changed the font to try to throw us off. Clown

Comment

I think Mayweather Promotions does alright to its fighters. When he was active Mayweather always include at least one fight on his undercard with a Mayweather Promotions fighter, so that in itself is a boost to his fighter with exposure on a PPV level. He's gotten Bey, Smith, Theophane, Jack, Davis, and Gavril title shots and the way Tabiti is bring brought up he's probably only a handful of fights away from a title fight himself.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Lol is that why he changed the font to try to throw us off. Clown
                To obvious.............

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  He's still pretty new as a promotional company. I know he fought under his own promotions for a long time and had some fighters but it's only in the past few years that they have gotten off the ground as a proper company with regular cards and they've had a few world champs and get a few of the Haymon cards. Not bad really.

I think they need a real marquee signing or develop a real star before other top fighters consider them a genuine option. Guys like Mikey Garcia were in talks but i still think these fighters will be apprehensive about signing with Floyd and probably think there's better options out there. If they can sign or develop a huge name, things would pick up from there.

If you took Canelo away from Golden Boy, I wouldn't say their position is much stronger than Mayweather Promotions these days.
                  Have said similar about MP & agree with this more or less still today.

I think Floyd could use a bit more professionalism in his promotion. I think he will grow into it more in the future. Part of getting better at something is doing some sh^t wrong early on. And clearly MP has made mistakes & have room for improvement.

All this stuff lately is a bit much & disappointing doe. I thought Floyd's hands on stuff with Tank was a bit overwhelming. You gotta let these guys be who they are. Behind the scenes eff with them, but you can't live their life. And if you try to they will hate you for it sooner or later. Caged birds don't sing the same.

So all in all I think MP has done a solid job & has become one of the top 7 or 8 promotions in the US probably these days & I still say they put on the best, most competitive fights in America & are only 2nd to Eddie Hearn worldwide, which is something too few promotions do. But yea MP still needs to figure some sh^t out with their big name guys & get mfers working for you & having mfers feeling like you are working for them again.

Comment

Floyd is only good in PEDS.

Comment

whatever happened to ishe smith jeon love or bey??? they fell off the face of the earth LMAO!
                      They suck. Why would anyone talk about gatekeepers? Well love sucks. Bey was ok but he always complained about money

Comment

Working...
                      X