Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Promotions, is it really so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
    FMJ sucks at promoting fighters, (ARGUABLY) the best boxer of this pass generation but he cant help but to promote himself in the process of promoting another fighter signed to him or bring up his pass fights. I think tank should take the spence route and promote himself after his contract is up.. I've never heard Oscar talk about Canelo fighting anyone without Canelo knowing of it. The fact that he went on showtime and said Lomachenko was next for tank & he's been talking to Tank Rank behind Tanks back while preparing for another fight is unprofessional.
    Canelo just disputed a report that was put out by gbp. It’s obvious they are on bad terms. With the financial problems at gbp I don’t see Canelo staying too much longer

Comment

They're just being propped up by PBC and Showtime. They have virtually no stable and no tv deals. They're at the mercy of Haymon wanting to include them on PBC's cards and his tv dates.

Comment

If its a 10 minute interview, Floyd will spend one minute talking about the fighter, and the other 9 on his agenda. Which is how he left Arum, how he broke ppv records, how he made it cool to be a safety first defensive fighter, how he made smart investments, etc, etc. etc.....

Comment

He's still pretty new as a promotional company. I know he fought under his own promotions for a long time and had some fighters but it's only in the past few years that they have gotten off the ground as a proper company with regular cards and they've had a few world champs and get a few of the Haymon cards. Not bad really.

I think they need a real marquee signing or develop a real star before other top fighters consider them a genuine option. Guys like Mikey Garcia were in talks but i still think these fighters will be apprehensive about signing with Floyd and probably think there's better options out there. If they can sign or develop a huge name, things would pick up from there.

If you took Canelo away from Golden Boy, I wouldn't say their position is much stronger than Mayweather Promotions these days.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
            whatever happened to ishe smith jeon love or bey??? they fell off the face of the earth LMAO!
            Mickey Bey turned downed 200k to fight for a title fight. Ishe Smith Fought in November on the Main Event against Julian Williams a fight he believes he won, he fights again on the Badou Jack undercard. He couldn’t get a fight with Golden Boybut Mayweather Promotions put him in a position to fight for a world title 3 times. Jleon Love is the only underachiever after his brother died he took in his brothers 5 kids and opened a few businesses in his name. I’d say Floyd put them in some great positions. Undefeated Andrew Tabiti is also in line to fight Tony Belles. They all have earned 6 figure salaries. What are you doing?
            Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 04-20-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambino View Post
              They're just being propped up by PBC and Showtime. They have virtually no stable and no tv deals. They're at the mercy of Haymon wanting to include them on PBC's cards and his tv dates.
              He has the deal with sky sports and showtime look forward to more Maywether fighters against UK fighters.

Comment

Jeon Love I think had potential... those fighters seem to me just me thinking are happy with the 400, 000 pay fighting bums they should be main stream by now, only one to break out that group is Badou Jack
                Mickey Bey and Ishe Smith should be mainstream? Why do they have to be mainstream now? They weren’t mainstream when they were signed to TopRank and GBP lol no1 even knew them. All fighters can’t be mainstream. Who wouldn’t be happy making that much money?

Comment

Jeon Love I think had potential... those fighters seem to me just me thinking are happy with the 400, 000 pay fighting bums they should be main stream by now, only one to break out that group is Badou Jack
                  Because Badou Jack is actually a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    He's still pretty new as a promotional company. I know he fought under his own promotions for a long time and had some fighters but it's only in the past few years that they have gotten off the ground as a proper company with regular cards and they've had a few world champs and get a few of the Haymon cards. Not bad really.

I think they need a real marquee signing or develop a real star before other top fighters consider them a genuine option. Guys like Mikey Garcia were in talks but i still think these fighters will be apprehensive about signing with Floyd and probably think there's better options out there. If they can sign or develop a huge name, things would pick up from there.

If you took Canelo away from Golden Boy, I wouldn't say their position is much stronger than Mayweather Promotions these days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloodyelbow.com/platform/amp/2017/1/13/14259380/golden-boy-haymon-pbc-lawsuit-more-financials-surface-boxing-news

Lmao absolutely right

In 2015, Canelo was far and away Golden Boy’s most profitable fighter, earning the promotion income of $4,415,306 according to Deetz’s spreadsheet. Golden Boy’s second most profitable fighter that year, Luiz Ortiz, brought in a comparatively paltry $307,309. The first half of 2016 was similar with Canelo earning Golden Boy income of $2,988,256, And most boxers on Golden Boy’s roster are money losers. In the first half of 2016, Golden Boy earned negative net income on 142 of 155 boxers (91.6%). Only 13 of 155 boxers (8.4%) made Golden Boy positive net income.
                    After Mayweather split with Golden Boy and Haymon bought out his boxers, Canelo accounted for 94% of Golden Boy’s income from boxing operations in 2015 and 107% in the first half of 2016, according to Bloody Elbow’s calculations of financial records in the Deetz’s report.

At the moment, financially-speaking, Canelo is Golden Boy.

Comment

The only one he has worth a danm is Jack. Davis is ducking loma like the plauge. Also floyd cant hype up his fighters without hyping himself up too

Comment

Working...
                      X