Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    With that same logic then Joshua would be paid like 80m dollars. He has being the one taking risks after risk. He has done what Wilder should have done in 10 years. Wilder should be Joshua right now, not the other way round.

If you love boxing then you should want to see Wilder take this risk and knock out Joshua, guess what? When British fans were arguing for Mayweather to come over here and fight Mayweather I argue against it. Because Mayweather was the bigger name, Mayweather had Vegas support behind him, Mayweather was on PPV.

But in this case no Joshua has done a lot of work in a short space with lesser fight, if Wilder is going to accuse him of ducking then he should take that guarantee offer..... it’s a risk worth taking, it would pay more dividends to Wilder’s career than Joshua’s career.
    The only risk Joshua took was Klitschko. That wasn't even that high of a risk considering his age and the long layoff. Not sure what other fight you considered a risk.

Comment

• It is only going to end up costing AJ money long term because his value is pegged right now and he can't get bigger really because how can he grow the UK market further? He is not helping his case to build himself up in America by doing this, so he is only going to languish on this side of the pond and he needs Wilder to grow his brand here

Wilder with all the pub is only going to get bigger and next time he comes around his asking price will be higher as his q rating goes up in America.

Wilder is considerably more valuable to Joshua than Parker, so unless they are offering a much better deal on a percentage basis than Parker no reason for Wilder to do anything with it now, because there is money in that fight and eventually that phone will ring and then they will have to meet his demands.

Now Team Joshua should drive a hard bargain as should Team Wilder because every little bit matters, sometimes that makes a fight hard to make but as long as both keep winning (or even not as depicted by Floyd-Manny) the money is only going higher.

Do it now or do it later they are paying Wilder a lot more than 12.5 million in the end, and Joshua will make a lot more than his biggest payday as well. Neither are hurting badly for cash and both will do fine going forward, with Joshua doing better so he is more content but eventually he is going to want more and Wilder will want that real heavyweight money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
        It is very relevant - it shows what Wilder brings to the table.

I agree it's not the end all, be all, because there is a difference in what he generates in other fights, as compared to what he will HELP generate in this fight.

Since there's no way of knowing exactly how much he will contribute to this fight, or what the bottom line of this fight will be, you have to gauge based on how many asses in seats, and eyeballs on television sets he is responsible for.

And he's not even a fraction of the star Joshua is.

Wilder has never even had a PPV yet?? Ya know why?? Because the flat-fee offers of 1.5-2.5 million the US networks offer for his fights - well, his people don't believe he could generate more than that on PPV, and they think the risk would be too high to invest in a ppv fight and not get a return in the black.
        A flat fee is generally what is offered to a challenger to fight for a championship, not a unification fight of this magnitude.

AJ is a huge star but only in the UK which is why they want the fight there. He is not very well known to the US audience.

Wilder , after his win over Ortiz has more of a following, now that he fought a legitimate contender and the ratings show that.

This can be a PPV fight and because it is a unification, and AJ own countrymen want to see him fight Wilder ( they must know him on some level ) Hearn should offer a percentage no flat fee .

I mean can you tell me any other unification fight where one champ fought for a flat fee?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          The only risk Joshua took was Klitschko. That wasn't even that high of a risk considering his age and the long layoff. Not sure what other fight you considered a risk.
          Considering Joshua less years as a pro and his inexperience then he took a massive risk against Wlad and Parker too. Like I pointed out Wilder should be Joshua not the other way round.

Comment

• Using Hearn’s own projections, AJ would make between $24M-$30M with a 60% purse split. I’ve never been one to really care about how much fighters make, so someone help me out. What are his career high paydays?

Comment

• Doing this fight later works perfectly for Joshua because he hasn’t peaked yet, he is still learning, the longer this fight stalls the better for him. Am actually shocked they are offering Wilder this much to make this fight now.

Comment

• Just a heads up for the idiots, When you answer a question with a question. You already lost the argument. Even kids know that smh

Comment

• Hearns is a contradictory compulsive liar and Joshua is a coward, FACTS!

Comment

• Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn

I have thought a lot about this and I have come to the conclusion that Anthony Joshua is a Coward and Cunning Weasel who is trying to achieve World Heavyweight dominance by deceit. And each day that Anthony allows Eddie Hearn to continue his absurd pretense of wanting to make a fight between Wilder and Joshua...Joshua is proving me correct! Anthony Joshua can put an end to Eddie Hearn charade at any time...all he has to do is say I'm willing to fight Deontay Wilder for 50/50 or 50/40 proceeds split anytime and anyplace! However, you will never hear those words coming out of Joshua's mouth because he is a massive coward who lacks the courage to do so. Anthony Joshua knows that Eddie Hearn is a bully and treacherous scoundrel that's why he uses Hearn as his shield and keeps hiding behind Hearn's back.

Comment

• AJ fanboy logic: Conor McGregor should have taken an $18M flat fee to fight Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X