Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the eff it means "play with our balls"?

anyways Wilder should get at least 18 million $

Comment

Has Wilder fired back yet with this counteroffer? Or at least a legitimate counteroffer to work with? As far as I know - no - he hasn't. I know strategy is to overvalue your counteroffer in hopes of settling higher than the original offer. I haven't heard anything from Wilder's side as far as a counteroffer. Maybe it was the 25 million Hearn was referring to? if so - that is absolutely ludicrous.

Moreover, doe, when you're the lead promoter, you are the one taking all the risk, so you deserve a lot more of the potential upside. Coupled with the fact that your guy is the overwhelming "A-side." Like, it's not even a close A-B side; Wilder is more like a C- side.

I think a if Wilder is going to be guaranteed 12-15 million, then he only deserves a 25% split. However, if he takes a much lesser guarantee, then maybe somewhere up to a 35% split would be fair.

Whoops - meant to reply to the dude's you were replying to.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post

It means Team Joshua will not be taken for idiots and taken advantage of. He is the A side and Wilder is not going to get more than they think he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post

Maybe he should try to negotiate for that?

Has he tried to? Made any type of legitimate counteroffer known?

Comment

He's right

Comment

Just make the fight or don't. I'm sick of reading about percentages on here. The simple fact is that wilder will only fight if it's ridiculous money because he knows there's a big chance he gets beat and he can retire happy. Either give him the money or don't.

Comment

I'm so glad Hearn and Joshua standing firm. They know their value, and they know Wilder's value (or lack thereof).

They ain't gonna let this chump take food out their mouths.

Comment

Blah blah. Typical Hearn. No wonder his own people don’t like him. Just offer Wilder at least 35% since he is estimating a similar number , instead of the flat fee crap. And by the way it is completely irrelevant what wilder has made in previous fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    Has Wilder fired back yet with this counteroffer? Or at least a legitimate counteroffer to work with? As far as I know - no - he hasn't. I know strategy is to overvalue your counteroffer in hopes of settling higher than the original offer. I haven't heard anything from Wilder's side as far as a counteroffer. Maybe it was the 25 million Hearn was referring to? if so - that is absolutely ludicrous.

Moreover, doe, when you're the lead promoter, you are the one taking all the risk, so you deserve a lot more of the potential upside. Coupled with the fact that your guy is the overwhelming "A-side." Like, it's not even a close A-B side; Wilder is more like a C- side.

I think a if Wilder is going to be guaranteed 12-15 million, then he only deserves a 25% split. However, if he takes a much lesser guarantee, then maybe somewhere up to a 35% split would be fair.

Whoops - meant to reply to the dude's you were replying to.
                    I don't think team Wilder has made a counter offer. Why? Because the Breazale fight is signed and sealed. If so it should be clear that Wilder in reality wasn't serious in fighting Joshua yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                      Blah blah. Typical Hearn. No wonder his own people don’t like him. Just offer Wilder at least 35% since he is estimating a similar number , instead of the flat fee crap. And by the way it is completely irrelevant what wilder has made in previous fights.
                      It is very relevant - it shows what Wilder brings to the table.

I agree it's not the end all, be all, because there is a difference in what he generates in other fights, as compared to what he will HELP generate in this fight.

Since there's no way of knowing exactly how much he will contribute to this fight, or what the bottom line of this fight will be, you have to gauge based on how many asses in seats, and eyeballs on television sets he is responsible for.

And he's not even a fraction of the star Joshua is.

Wilder has never even had a PPV yet?? Ya know why?? Because the flat-fee offers of 1.5-2.5 million the US networks offer for his fights - well, his people don't believe he could generate more than that on PPV, and they think the risk would be too high to invest in a ppv fight and not get a return in the black.

Comment

Working...
                      X