Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
    So far I would say:

Hearn has made a **** offer... Granted $12m is massively more than Wilder has made before, but why make a flat-fee offer in a fight like this? Doesn't make sense.

However, Wilder and his team need to send a counter offer. They have had more than long enough. They've been wanting this fight for so long that they should be ready with figures at the drop of a hat. There's not really any excuse for this delay.

Alternatively they could take the offer, beat Joshua and then they're the biggest name in boxing. They could dictate terms in the rematch and not worry about taking a hit here. Think of the fight as a "loss leader"

If I was Wilder and I really wanted to send a message I'd just say "gimme the fight, I'm coming for you"
    I like the way you do business. Excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      If Wilder doesn't take it its a duck. Why fight Breazeale for $2m when he could fight Joshua first, get $40m for 2 fights and then fight Breazeale for $5m+ after? The only reason Wilder doesn't take the fight now is because he doesn't believe he can win and wants to sell his belt. If all he said was true and AJ knows he's going to lose then let AJ sell his belts.
      name some big caliber fights that one guy got a flat fee offer

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Love it! The delusional one thinks he's worth more than $12.5M, yet he's never earned more than $2M. Has little to no endorsements, and no one on the street knows who this clown is.
        can you name some big fights where one guy got a flat fee?

Comment

So just give him a % and not a fkn flat-rate guess you twat! You know damn well that the upside could be enormously better than those projections with a good promotional tour and some advertisement.

Hearn, if you are reading this.......you know d@mn well what you're doing and that's preserving additional fights for your cash cow. Call it what you want but YOU ARE AVOIDING THIS FIGHT RIGHT NOW.

Comment

Very well said Eddie hearn

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            "I feel that we're getting penalized because somebody has done a **** job with Deontay Wilder. You have a guy who is making $2 to 2.5 million a fight and people are like 'he deserves $25 million.' Why? On what basis? He has no profile. He can't sell 10,000 tickets when he fights in a great fight in America. And we have a guy who is making all of this money, and can continue doing so, in risk free fights. Now you're asking our guy to be in the biggest fight of his career for a little more.

"People don't understand the simple economics and the reality of the situation. One guy is earning $2.5 million dollars and the other is earning ten times as much. Joshua has overpaid his opponents. He overpaid Charles Martin, he overpaid Dillian Whyte, he overpaid Breazeale, he overpaid Takam, he overpaid Parker. We ain't doing it again. We're not going to overpay Deontay Wilder for this fight.

Well said. Wilder, his team and his fans are really ****ing dumb.
            Facts are out disproving the propaganda being spread by pro black propaganda agenda outlets that lie and twist the facts to make Wilder seem he is formidable and deserving of something he did not earn.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              can you name some big fights where one guy got a flat fee?
              Name all the fighters that turned down 6x their highest pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                Joshua and Hearn have 1 week left before exorcize Joshua from the boxing world. If they should bypass Wilder this time then Joshua is dead to me. I will only see one champion at hvw and that’s Wilder. I’ll never speak the name of Hearn or Joshua again. This is unprecedented for me because it’s the last resort and hope that a top fighter accepts the challenge or love in infamy. And this is Joshuas last chance with me as a boxing fan. And from what tiny teef said it doesn’t look good.

I did this with Sven Ottke when 40 Cal called him out, and I did this with the fake ass bully Bowe when he ducked Lewis. I washed my hands with their careers. It’s a bit harsh but I’ve seen too many great first fights and great rematches where guys have put it all on the line and came out unscathed. I just let others judge them because I don’t have 1 positive thing to say about them. Not 1.

This is your last chance Anthony because if you don fight Wilder I will disregard you’re career totally. And I promise all of you that I will. Sounds ****** but I keep it G.

I am someone and I am no one!
                Don't know if you want any company or not but I'm with you. Sometimes it feels like being in the twilight zone reading some of these posts.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  name some big caliber fights that one guy got a flat fee offer
                  Every Mayweather fight besides the manny fight.....

Comment

"saw reports that it's a $100 million dollar fight - no it's not. It can get there, if both guys are really built in America"

Hmmmmm

So let it marinate

Comment

• You people seem to forget that Wilder was already offered a flat fee to face Dillian Whyte. You didn't have any issue with it then, so why the excuses now?!

Because PPV? Well guess what, Wilder is not a PPV star.

Also, people saying they should offer him 30%. How exactly is that fair on Joshua.

He just added another world title to his collection and you want him to accept the same percentage or less!? Get real.

Comment

Working...
                      X