Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, so overpay everyone on the way and in the last step don't. The last step to put a name in history as the first undisputed heavyweight on the four belts era and to rule the division for the next few years. It is obvious Hearn doesn't want this fight nearly as much as the others. Let's be honest, if Joshua wins this fight (I know it's a bit too far-fetched) he will open the biggest market in world and be able to pay mandatory percentages to all thes other fights, which means he will make way more money after this fight, if he wins. The conclusion is very simple, Hearn, as anyone with a brain who knows something about boxing, knows that Joshua is very likely to lose and doesn't want to lose all the hard work he has made till now. Even though I can't complain if Wilder feels disrespected, I think he should take whatever and KO that overhyped and overrated prideful champ. In short, for all sides, make this fight happen!!!

Comment

• So, if hearns is so sure of his numbers, why not offer wilder a choice: 12.5million OR 25%?

If wilder and his team take neither, or don't come back with a feasible counter offer, then it's reasonable to say it's them that doesn't really want the fight.

I actually think hearns gives their game away by saying that Joshua "can continue doing so, in risk free fights". . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Can you name some big fights where one opponent only earns 10% of his opponent?
        try again but dont answer my question with a question.....

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        can you name some big fights where one guy got a flat fee?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          How is that the truth ? lol

Hes argiung about the very thing hes complaining about and thats MONEY .

In reality the Wilder fan club is bracing for damage control and are going to use MONEY as the reason why the fight didnt happen and that EXCUSE will be a bad offer ftom Hearn which they will TRY and justify !

Lets just make the best fights though right ? :wank:

" Fans should be demanding the best fights get made at all costs, rather than taking sides of promoters and justifying things." bigjavi973

That’s one of the issues I have with such posters, they act as if they are neutral or just want to see the fight. Then offers are made and they sudden become accountants. At the end of the day no one cares over here if Wilder fights Joshua or not, Hearn has them played like a child. All people over here are going to hear would be Wilder turning down five times what he usually makes on fight night.

If I was Wilder and have any ambition then I would call Team Joshua’s bluff and knock him out for all the belts, if he isn’t going to take a risk now then history would tell us he never seems to want to take any risk. So far the only risk he has taken in his 10 year career is the Ortiz fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            What a ****ing ******. That's like saying pay Wilder his 2 mil and Joshua keeps the rest because the increase is solely due to him. ****ing imbecile

You just showed how biased you are. You aren't thinking straight.
            Thank you. Now you have conceded that the flat fee offer and the double what parker got talk is bogus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Hearn
              I saw reports that it's a $100 million dollar fight - no it's not. It can get there, if both guys are really built in America
              There, even Hearn admits there is MORE MONEY IN AMERICA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                " Fans should be demanding the best fights get made at all costs, rather than taking sides of promoters and justifying things." bigjavi973
                how about linking an actual quote instead.......

come on... you can do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  That’s one of the issues I have with such posters
                  name big fights where one guy got a flat fee

Comment

• Everybody knows in business, money is the bottom line. Wilder is not a PPV star, Joshua is. The offer of $12.5 million is nothing to sneeze at, especially compared to Wilder's normal purses of $1-2 million. And let's not forget, he's the challenger. He should be compensated well, but he shouldn't get a retirement package. If he turns this offer down, he doesn't really want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      This is the problem and reason why the boxing world as well as myself will disregard Joshua’s career.
                      How many times a day do you get tea bagged ?

We all know thats why you're on this thread !

Comment

Working...
                      X