Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it 70-30. That's more than fair. Then if wilder wins, he calls the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      I find peoole paying more attention to Hearns reasoning for why Wilder should accept than they are their own. It's as if people want Wilder to do what they themselves would be hesitant to do.

For instance, twice the Parker purse is an additional 6 million dollars. Will this fight do more than say 8 million dollars more than the Joshua Parker fight? Definitely. Shouldn't Wilder get the majority of the profits that exceed the profits from the Parker Joshua fight? Definitely because the increase is solely due to him.
      What a ****ing ******. That's like saying pay Wilder his 2 mil and Joshua keeps the rest because the increase is solely due to him. ****ing imbecile

You just showed how biased you are. You aren't thinking straight.
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-20-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Well put...
        I gave up on Wilder when he tried to fight that Polish dude before Washington. From then on he was dead to me and the Wilder fan boys who defended him.

Christ .. AJ wins the WBC belt vs Klitschko then fights the IBF mandatory then wins the WBO belt and you'll drop him because he may not fight your favorite top 10 heavyweight next and instead fight another top ten heavyweight. You must have dropped every single boxer in every division .. Wilder made a career out of avoiding all top 10 heavyweights till Ortiz. Which boxers are fight opposition like that ?

Why did you not drop Wilder with that record of his ? .. its pathetic.

Comment

Only clowns bigger than Team AJ are the idiots on this fourm that not only justify, but endorse this lame ass ****.

Comment

Err you realize Haye Bellew is pay per view over here and Tony did a football stadium (Goodison).. yep even Tony Bellew. Tony Bellew is a more proven ppv star than Wilder, as is Haye and Fury. So not very literally . If they all ditched pay per view up against top opposition they shoul dgo past 1 million in the UK no problem. Haye Bellew generated far more revenue than Wilder Ortiz.

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            YAn American heavyweight that's pulling over 1 million views on premium cable and putting over 10k people in the arena is evidence of his popularity. He's literally the only HW who can do that outside of Joshua. There are only 4 or 5 fighters in all of the US who can do that actually.

I doubted his star power here too (for years) but the data doesn't lie. He went from averaging like 6k tickets, to about 12k now.

My point is that the evidence is there to support the idea that he's ready to pull in a solid number on PPV. In fact I think they would pull in above 500k in buys from this market if they somehow could put the fight in primetime. (Not sure how late fights air in the UK, but if they could get it close to 7pm ET, it could work.)

Americans love Heavyweights and people have been talking about this fight. I'm a lawyer in NYC with a crowd of friends that couldn't name any fighter outside of Floyd. And even in those circles people are talking about this fight. It's some big money in this fight on the US side.

Now if Hearn wants "marinate" it to run that number up, he should just say that. B/c I think that's what's really going on here.

Comment

Lets call a spade a spade. Joshua's team doesn't want the action. Hearn says it right in the article-paraphrased- "why take a high risk fight when the money is there with low risk ones. It is what it is.

Wilder should build profile in the states more, go on talk shows/dancing with the stars/WAGS/every thing sports related in Alabama and stuff like that, and also go the mandatory route for Joshua.

Comment

Love it! The delusional one thinks he's worth more than $12.5M, yet he's never earned more than $2M. Has little to no endorsements, and no one on the street knows who this clown is.

Comment

Wilder loves to play with balls

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                    Err you realize Haye Bellew is pay per view over here and Tony did a football stadium (Goodison).. yep even Tony Bellew. Tony Bellew is a more proven ppv star than Wilder, as is Haye and Fury. So not very literally . If they all ditched pay per view up against top opposition they shoul dgo past 1 million in the UK no problem. Haye Bellew generated far more revenue than Wilder Ortiz.
                    Dillian Whyte's last fight probably did more. Povetkin fighting in Russia draws more money than Wilder. These Americans are deluded.

Comment

Who sends a flat fee in a potential megafight that will generate more than 2 million viewers all while making way over 50million dollars in the process? Wilders team ain't ****** c'mon now UK and Hearn

Comment

Working...
                      X