Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan: Canelo is a Cheater, Golovkin is a Gentleman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    Hmm...I guess the wbc didn't consult boxrec before ordering the title eliminator.
    WBC does dumb sht all the time. Just look at Stiverne...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      WBC does dumb sht all the time. Just look at Stiverne...
      They were actively trying to find him an opponent...you think it was beyond him that it was happening? He was just enjoying his retirement while the wbc was lining him up for a title opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
        Not popular in Mexico??? Canelo is known by 95 percent of the population in Mexico!!! Obviously you don’t known the meaning of popular
        WHERE did you get that 95% figure? I bet you just invented it.

Many people don't even watch tv or are not interested in sports whatsoever. Many indian, 100% indian (Amerindian) Mexican people don't even own a a TV. Many don't even speak Spanish!

Only people from big cities watch TV and are aware of sports. And of these people, probably more than 90% are interested in soccer and couldn't care less about boxing.

So, about 50% or a bit more of the population in Mexico, may be aware of folks **** Chavez Jr. and Canelo, but that's it.

When it comes to soccer, tht figure although till ridiculously high, would make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
          WHERE did you get that 95% figure? I bet you just invented it.

Many people don't even watch tv or are not interested in sports whatsoever. Many indian, 100% indian (Amerindian) Mexican people don't even own a a TV. Many don't even speak Spanish!

Only people from big cities watch TV and are aware of sports. And of these people, probably more than 90% are interested in soccer and couldn't care less about boxing.

So, about 50% or a bit more of the population in Mexico, may be aware of folks **** Chavez Jr. and Canelo, but that's it.

When it comes to soccer, tht figure although till ridiculously high, would make more sense.
          You are wrong, I live in Mexico. Sure, the pure indians may not know about Canelo just like the indians in US reservations donīt know nor care who the phack is Floyd Mayweather, just like in Khazajstan, barely anyone has a TV or know anyhing about GGG or own a TV. 90 % of the population knows about Canelo, soccer fans or not. Just like 95 % knew JC Chavez Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            You are wrong, I live in Mexico. Sure, the pure indians may not know about Canelo just like the indians in US reservations donīt know nor care who the phack is Floyd Mayweather, just like in Khazajstan, barely anyone has a TV or know anyhing about GGG or own a TV. 90 % of the population knows about Canelo, soccer fans or not. Just like 95 % knew JC Chavez Sr.
            It would be interesting to see a poll to people from out of the city, rural-living people both in the US and in Mexico, where they asked these folk do you know who Mayweather Jr. is? in the US and do you know who Canelo Alvarez is? In Mexico, but not in a city.

We people who live in the city, assume that what we consider famous and well-known, is the same everywhere in the whole country, but surprisingly, reality may be very different. There are people who have never owned a TV set, LED screen or whatever, watched cable or Fire TV or anything like that, read the newspaper, and even known what the internet is, or maybe they are AWARE of all these things, but they don't stay "informed" of current events like politics and sports, they live in their own world, they don't even own a smart phone or Ipad, Iphone, tablet, laptop, desk computer, etc., and many of them do not like going to bars or joints where they have screens showing sports or what have you. they just live in their own world like I said and I think these populations my be millions of them.

95% is just too much. 75-80% may sound more credible. And this is, like I believe yours is as well, a personal subjective estimation with no factual statistical basis or proof whatsoever.
            Last edited by sterilizer; 04-21-2018, 01:37 AM.

Comment

The GGG/Canelo was seen by over 60 million households in Mexico! Canelo Álvarez is more popular than even the president! Ask any Mexican! Canelo is known by 95 percent of the population!

Comment

Working...
              X