Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner wins will he be at elite lvl again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    I love when you pretend to know what you’re talking about. Linares was already champ at 126 and 130 and had 3 fights above 130 before facing demarco. 3 fights is still considered “moving up”?
    guess you missed the part where i said he was unranked at 135??? you just don't want to break it down or think critically cause you think it sounds great saying broner beat the #1 guy but if you break it down it was dubious and some great timing. since you are such a stickler for absolutes lets go to the stats!

here are the rankings at the end of 2010...hmm no linares and that was after his 2 "best" wins at 135. rocky juarez and chavez.

here are the rankings at the end of 2011. demarco moved up to #4 based largely on beating linares who was unranked. by the end of 2012 when broner-demarco happened marquez, guerrero, and rios had moved up so tey moved demarco up to #1. how often do the top 3 guys all move up at around the same time? like i said great timing. he didn't earn it in the ring. the best guy he beat was ranked #9. imagine if ggg was ranked #1 and he only beat #9 ranked guy. what would you say?

also if you notice in these rankings ricky burns beat the #5 and #6 guy before the broner-demarco fight yet was still ranked below a guy who had only beaten #9 guy. does that make sense to you?
    Last edited by daggum; 04-19-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      guess you missed the part where i said he was unranked at 135??? you just don't want to break it down or think critically cause you think it sounds great saying broner beat the #1 guy but if you break it down it was dubious and some great timing. since you are such a stickler for absolutes lets go to the stats!

here are the rankings at the end of 2010...hmm no linares and that was after his 2 "best" wins at 135. rocky juarez and chavez.

here are the rankings at the end of 2011. demarco moved up to #4 based largely on beating linares who was unranked. by the end of 2012 when broner-demarco happened marquez, guerrero, and rios had moved up so tey moved demarco up to #1. how often do the top 3 guys all move up at around the same time? like i said great timing. he didn't earn it in the ring. the best guy he beat was ranked #9. imagine if ggg was ranked #1 and he only beat #9 ranked guy. what would you say?

also if you notice in these rankings ricky burns beat the #5 and #6 guy before the broner-demarco fight yet was still ranked below a guy who had only beaten #9 guy. does that make sense to you?
      So linares fought demarco for the wbc title while being unranked and was already a 2xchamp? Lol ok

Comment

Before we label Broner anything...elite, sub elite, gatekeeper, etc, and before we even talk about a win and a loss, lets see how he performs. One of the problems with Broner is how he has bought into his own Baloney. Some of the wins he got against tough fighters were a gift and he never recognized that problem.

He always had spurts that made people that recognize talent cream in their jeans, but lacked consistency. Thats among his biggest problems, that and trying to find out where he belongs...Going from division to division chasing low hanging fruit is not going to establish him anywhere.

If I hear that he beats Vargas in a close fight, then I don't care if he won or lost. If on the other hand, he loses a fight where he looked really good, or if he dominates then he deserves a look because a new team might have motivated him and gotten him to break down and improve, become consistant in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
          I think the winner earns the right to go on and lose to an elite fighter.
          Good point doe

Comment

Who has Vargas beat? Before the Ali fight Vargas best win was also demarco lol. 2 years after broner beat the crap out of him
            bigger guy and less damaged than demarco was at that point

Comment

So linares fought demarco for the wbc title while being unranked and was already a 2xchamp? Lol ok
              i just showed you the rankings. he was unranked. you dont get ranked beating a shot juarez, shot chavez and some journeyman. what are you going to say next fake news???

Comment

also how does linares being champ at 126 or 130 have anything to do with his 135 ranking? so if some unranked guy like jesse hart beats ggg at 168 hart becomes the #1 guy at 168? thats essentially what happened here(with a little more nuance) but you don't even care cause you just like saying broner beat the #1 guy. sounds great but when its demarco who is a solid but not great fighter and you have these circumstances its not really all that great. its still probably his best win sure but thats cause his resume is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Fitting name calling Froch 'B' level.
                  Lol froch sure as hell isn't an Elite fighter let alone an A level one

Comment

No, but it would arguably be his best win and a huge confidence boost moving forward with his career. Another loss and Broner slips into being a gatekeeper.

Comment

Demarco imo
                      I'd put a win over Vargas as better.

Comment

Working...
                      X