Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dolor View Post
    I am not so sure. Yes, without PEDs Canelo will not be as ripped, but he is still a lot younger and faster. So I would still go with the UD for Canelo, unless (without the PEDs) he gasses earlier - in which case I could see Golovkin catching him with a body shot (more likely than a head shot, because I do think Canelo has a decent chin). But we will see - maybe I am wrong.
    I think he'll be a much different guy. The fighter he's shown to be since winning a close fight with the much smaller and older Cotto is at a different level and I'm fairly certain it's PED's that are the difference.

Comment

• Vanes, do it for all your people. Armenian nation. I’m a *** and not Armenian but war vanes!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        we coulda got derevyanchenko

how is that canelo's fault?

he didnt make team ggg pick vanes over an actual mandatory middleweight challenger
        Derevyanchenko? Man, 90% of the posters even spouting this guy's name have probably Never seen him fight at all. Let's be honest, most posters are just looking for an excuse to nag on Golovkin.

How is it Canelo's fault? Are you serious? He got caught with PEDs and had to back off from the fight 1-month prior to. This whole scenario is team Canelo's fault.

Why don't we go through the list of notable fighters who couldn't take the fight with 1 month notice:

Danny Jacobs - signed for a fight, and already stated he wouldn't have taken it in such short notice

Jermall Charlo - signed for a fight already

Saunders - signed for a fight with Martin Murray

Canelo - obviously, had to back off the fight

Those are the certain top 4 opponents he could pick. What other top middleweights can you name that would have taken the fight 1 month in advance, or that you'd truly like to see?

You can criticize team Golovkin depending on their next opponent, heck, I'll join you if it's a bum/no-hoper, but considering he fought Jacobs-Canelo back-to-back, and was signed to rematch Canelo, I'd say he's done enough to warrant people shutting up for this fight at the least, which was entirely last minute.

Comment

• He doesn't risk the Canelo payday, so its Canelo in the fall, Saunders afterwards and he retires.

They're cashing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            Derevyanchenko? Man, 90% of the posters even spouting this guy's name have probably Never seen him fight at all. Let's be honest, most posters are just looking for an excuse to nag on Golovkin.

How is it Canelo's fault? Are you serious? He got caught with PEDs and had to back off from the fight 1-month prior to. This whole scenario is team Canelo's fault.

Why don't we go through the list of notable fighters who couldn't take the fight with 1 month notice:

Danny Jacobs - signed for a fight, and already stated he wouldn't have taken it in such short notice

Jermall Charlo - signed for a fight already

Saunders - signed for a fight with Martin Murray

Canelo - obviously, had to back off the fight

Those are the certain top 4 opponents he could pick. What other top middleweights can you name that would have taken the fight 1 month in advance, or that you'd truly like to see?

You can criticize team Golovkin depending on their next opponent, heck, I'll join you if it's a bum/no-hoper, but considering he fought Jacobs-Canelo back-to-back, and was signed to rematch Canelo, I'd say he's done enough to warrant people shutting up for this fight at the least, which was entirely last minute.
            I call BS. If he fight another BUM you'll give him a pass like you ALWAYS do. STOP LYING. Were not buying your BS. You can try hype this dog sht fight all you want but no one is buying it.

Comment

• this is how lil g fans look pulling out excuses and justifications for this horrendous mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
                Derevyanchenko is a significant fight, remember I said big or significant. Derevyanchenko is the 4th ranked Middleweight in the world how is that not a significant fight?

Listen, I don't have a problem with this fight against Vanes it's a fill in. It is what it is. I do expect a big fight next against Saunders, Canelo, Charlo or someone. Looks like it's going to be Canelo again since he has a 6 month suspension.

But this fight May 5th it is what it is, a throw away, stay busy fight. And I don't have a problem with that, he fought Jacobs and Canelo back to back and due to the circumstances and not having a regular training camp I don't mind this fight with Vanes. He's going right back into a big fight next so I'm okay with it.
                You have a fight between Caitlyn Jenner vs. GGG and you lame ***S would hype it as Hagler/Hearns II

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Meh. I expect a good night of entertainment, but Vanes will be a huge underdog with a puncher's chance. .
                  thats a joke right lol, he has 1 tko in 5 years

he has literally no chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post

this is how lil g fans look pulling out excuses and justifications for this horrendous mismatch.
                    EXACTLY!!! And read the comments??? Most are down for it and excited????

Comment

• Thank GOD!!! Finally some good news and a REAL fight got announced... Alaverez vs. Kovalov

Comment

Working...
                      X