Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
    to my understanding he's had absolutely 0 middleweight fights.
    In his fight against Howe he weighed in at 157 and Howe at 159.

In his fight against Cazares he weighed in at 159 and Cazares weighed in at 162

In his fight against Gutierrez he weighed in at 158

In his fight against Davis he weighed in at 155, his opponent at 157

But it was about time that Vanes moved up in weight, that's what boxers do, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Short notice, small $ stay busy.. could be worse.
      Name a worse fight

Comment

wait why is this called mexican style 2? lol ***ing pathetic

Comment

fuck this fight and fuck canelo too. this is his fault too

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Pretty terrible main that we can blame Clenelo for. I'll still go to this but in the cheap seats. Can't justify $200+ plus the $14 drinks on this event.
            How is Canelo to blame for GGG picking Vanes when there were other options?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              If he fights Saunders say in August or September and then Derevychenko or Charlo at the end of the year (or the other way around) that's a pretty good year even though people will **** on those guys if he beats them.
              Yes, I think so too. I also would not blame him if he retired after that, as unified champ. I don't think he will though. For monentary reasons, I do think that he will try to get a Canelo rematch, though I am personally not really intrigued by the thought of it. The first match was pretty boring, and GGG is not getting any younger - so I see a boring UD for Canelo if this fight happens in May 2019 (which I think it will).
              Last edited by Dolor; 04-18-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Mexican Style 2"

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  I have no problem with this fight. It was short notice and chances of getting a big name were slim. I'll give Triple G a pass on this one since his last two fights have been Jacobs and Canelo back to back. He will be fighting a big fight in the fall, so I don't mind Vanes Martirosyan as a fill in.
                  His mandatory was ready to take the fight on the same date. How do you not have a problem with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Name a worse fight
                    Golovkin vs Khan

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      How is Canelo to blame for GGG picking Vanes when there were other options?
                      For cheating and leaving them in this mess. If Canelo didn't cheat we'd have GGG-Canelo II on May 5th and could finally put that one to bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X