No announcement yet.

Who was/is worse? Margarito or canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True That View Post
    Ok, so if you look at fights before the Margarito and Pacquiao fight and fights after that you will see that Cotto's facial skin got marked up a lot easier than those fights he had before Margo and Pac. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. So I'm not sure where that got lost in translation. But that is all I was talking about.
    And all Im saying is Cotto got hit time after time after time after time, round after round after round. You are trying to blame it on handwraps instead of looking at the actual facts of Miguel getting hit flush so many times.

Comment

Originally posted by CleneloAlvaroid View Post
      And all Im saying is Cotto got hit time after time after time after time, round after round after round. You are trying to blame it on handwraps instead of looking at the actual facts of Miguel getting hit flush so many times.

Whether Margo had handwraps or not, those hits still would have landed. The damage they inflict would be greater with loaded gloves though.

But Pacquiao didn't have hand wraps and all those hits messed Cotto's face up and further damaged facial tissue.

So yes if it hit hard enough that can damage facial tissue, etc....

But point I'm making is, regardless, after those fights Cotto's facial skin tissue was much more sensitive. You can see it in all his fights, watch his fights before and after and you will see it.
      Last edited by True That; 04-04-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
        Did I say the handwraps is the reason? No

Pacquiao didn't have hand wraps and all those hits messed Cotto's face up and further damaged facial tissue.

Don't put words in my mouth, I know what I've said and what the reasoning is for my comments.
        If its not about the handwraps, why reference the first fight and call the man “Margacheato”?

Comment

It should Canelo hands down.

Not only are you the face of boxing right now.. but you let your own people down with shame and let down the rest of the boxing community as well.

In the midst of a career defining fight at that as well.

Margarito was just scum and always will be, but he was just a "fun" fighter to watch, Canelo was suppose to be everything.

Comment

If its not about the handwraps, why reference the first fight and call the man “Margacheato”?

In my opinion he did cheat, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              lol @ this douchecan

you watch the video evidence and answer those questions yourself.
              Video evidence ?
              It's obvious by the way you avoided my questions that you Don't know What You're Talking About .
              Douchecan ? Nice . Calling names and avoiding the question . Good tactic ...
              Funny how your stupid *ss is commenting on stuff you Obviously know Nothing about .
              Never Wrapped a hand in your life huh ? Pathetic .

Comment

Whether Margo had handwraps or not, those hits still would have landed. The damage they inflict would be greater with loaded gloves though. IMO he did cheat. I already stated that numerous times that IMO he did cheat.

Pacquiao didn't have hand wraps and all those hits messed Cotto's face up and further damaged facial tissue. But let's say Cotto fought Pacquiao twice, let's put Pacquiao in for Margarito hypothetically speaking for the first fight and then fight Pacquiao again. His face would have likely been busted up just the same. So no it's not about the handwraps, doesn't change my opinion on Margarito though because I do believe he did cheat.

But yes if it hit hard enough that can damage facial tissue, etc....

But point I'm making is, regardless, after those fights Cotto's facial skin tissue was much more sensitive. You can see it in all his fights, watch his fights before and after and you will see it. That's what I'm saying. It's not difficult to see that.
                Last edited by True That; 04-04-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Lol, I knew it was the second fight. I posted the picture to show the busted up face theory has no value. If Margarito busted his face in the second fight that bad, Cotto would have looked worse after the first.
                  Yeah I have always thought that it didn’t matter margs has cottos number and is in his head big time. Only reason the fight was stopped was the eye that manny pac ****ed up. The second fight was similar to the first. Cotto was losing steam at the time of the stoppage

Comment

You need to rewatch that Cotto-Margarito 2 rematch. The 9th round was one of Cotto's best rounds in the rematch. And right before the 10th round started I saw the look on Cotto's face that said, there's no way I'm losing this fight. Cotto was ready to do some more work right before the 10th. He won like 7 rounds or so up until that point. I saw no indication that Margo was in that 2nd fight or about to win. He was outclassed in that rematch.

Comment

Margo, he brought weapons in the ring.

He got suspended for a year and his trainer got banned for life. He tried to get reinstated in the US and got denied.

That tells you everything you have to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X