Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao May Use Buboy as Trainer For Matthysse, Says Koncz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what's going on, but if I had to guess I'd say that this has more to do with Freddie asking Manny to retire, and Manny being unwilling to leave the sport. As to Buboy, well, he may not have the same experience as Freddie, but he's seen how Freddie works. I wouldn't judge his capacity as a trainer based on his weight. Canelo's trainers wouldn't necessarily be considered athletic-looking, yet they have been with him this far. They were even eating a bunch of tacos while Canelo was training for Cotto. Now, Canelo's wins all have an asterisk, but they were still his trainers all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      "Manny learned a lot from Freddie, but he's at the stage where he's going to be ending his career, and I truly believe this: A fighter must only have one voice in the corner and it must be a voice he can trust." - Koncz

So now Manny does NOT trust Freddie Roach? WOW! I wonder if Roach told Manny that it was time to hang 'em up?
      you know damm well what he meant by that. a voice he can fully understand which is buboy since he's talking to manny to tagalog.

the bolded part. a few months ago, roach was planning on future fights for manny! roach telling pac to hang it up will come when roach is ready to "hang it up" himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
        I don't know what's going on, but if I had to guess I'd say that this has more to do with Freddie asking Manny to retire, and Manny being unwilling to leave the sport. As to Buboy, well, he may not have the same experience as Freddie, but he's seen how Freddie works. I wouldn't judge his capacity as a trainer based on his weight. Canelo's trainers wouldn't necessarily be considered athletic-looking, yet they have been with him this far. They were even eating a bunch of tacos while Canelo was training for Cotto. Now, Canelo's wins all have an asterisk, but they were still his trainers all these years.
        when did this happen? just a few months ago freddie was talking about potential future fights for manny!

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
          How does a nobody, get to be called by 1 name "Buboy" ?
          Buboy translated in English is McLovin.

Comment

if manny really did dump roach, expect roach to make a full 180 and play the nice trainer roll. expect roach to come out and say pac should retired, pac doesnt have it anymore, etc.

but if manny was still fighting under him, he wouldnt make those comments, he'll say pac still have a few fights left and that when the time comes, he'll let manny knows.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              you know damm well what he meant by that. a voice he can fully understand which is buboy since he's talking to manny to tagalog.

the bolded part. a few months ago, roach was planning on future fights for manny! roach telling pac to hang it up will come when roach is ready to "hang it up" himself.
              It said a voice he can trust, not a language he could understand!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                when did this happen? just a few months ago freddie was talking about potential future fights for manny!
                I don't know if it happened; I'm just guessing that maybe a private conversation could have reached that topic and caused issues between them.

Comment

I know the optics of Pac and politics have always given the appearance of Pacquiao coming unprepared, but this time I actually have a bad feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
                    Yeah all of that, but he’s giving a friend a job...jees some people are hard to please LOL
                    Gave way more than this. Just built 1000 homes for homeless and way much more. Dont listen to a dumb hater who never left his hood.

Anyways Manny is past it and Matthysse too. Will make an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                      Matthysse looked strong on his last fight, but i'm rooting for Pacquiao on this one.
                      That's funny for someone who appears to relish Pacquiao's knockout loss to Marquez...

Comment

Working...
                      X