Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder is flawed...but he is the best heavyweight in the world.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Anthony Joshua struggled today, further strengthening my opinion.
    Wilder lost rounds to far weaker fighters than Povetkin. Gerald Washington, Artur Szpilka, and Eric Molina all had some success against Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Wilder lost rounds to far weaker fighters than Povetkin. Gerald Washington, Artur Szpilka, and Eric Molina all had some success against Wilder.
      I don't recall seeing Wilder get rocked by them like Joshua got rocked today.

Comment

They both have to get in the ring and fight to prove that

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Obviously to any intelligent boxing fan

Comment

He beats the Anthony Joshua that I saw tonight, in my opinion.

And AJ has a few flaws himself.
              I think he beats Joshua. I've felt that way for a while. The speed will be a big factor as well as his punches from different angles. Joshua can't take multiple right hands from Wilder and anybody believing he can will be in for a surprise.

I won't say who's number 1 until they actually fight and Wilder still has to get by Fury.

Comment

AJ chin is not that hard to find. A small old Cruiserweight was able to touch that chin. Now just imagine what Wilder would do to that chin once he finds it? He detonates it.

Comment

Joshua is highly skilled compared to Wilder. Wilder will rely on one shot while taking a beating from Joshua. The question is can Joshua take the power of Wilder, but how would Wilder be able to survive the certain punishment that Joshuas' skill will be dealing out. It's an interesting fight......Rockin'

Comment

I don't recall seeing Wilder get rocked by them like Joshua got rocked today.
                    Wilder definitely got rocked by Eric Molina. That is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      I agree with this.

The word gas gets thrown around so much. Especially with heavyweights. These men all tire.

Some fans are very used to watching 10 stone 7 boxers. The fact that heavies tire has to be considered as a key to the fight more so than any other division. Because they all do.

In that fight tonight it was obvious that Parker would tire more than Joshua as the fight went on due to amount of lateral movement he was forced to do. More by AJ's size than anything

Rob McCracken talks about breathing just as much as tactics in the corner. Heavyweight is different.

That said, I've not seen Wilder blowing out of his arse yet which is why if forced that's where my money would go.
                      David Price today gassed.

Ortiz got Knocked the **** out

Comment

Working...
                      X