Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC On Golovkin's Claims: No Favoritism For Canelo in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneHitBlunder View Post
    Your link sends us to a WADA newsroom with multiple sub-links. Sorry if I'm not going to click on each one to find your quote to get the context of said quote.

Canelo's numbers mean little without knowing when the prior negative was drawn. To simply say if a level of 1ng/mL or less is via meat contamination is WRONG. Your own quote says "potential"

I'm not saying he was cycling clen, but I'm also not saying his levels were from meat contamination.
    WADA is just a test agency they don't determine the final ruling or outcome they simply test if substances exist or not. But in their opinion these levels are consistent with meat contamination that's a fact, on their own website their stance on criteria for meat contamination is cut and dry and the director of the lab that did the Canelo test specially stated it as well. His levels meet the criteria consistent with meat contamination. Not sure why you are arguing this fact. Now it's up the sports commission to then follow up and investigate whether it IS meat contamination or not and what if any punishment is warranted. A prior negative test doesn't mean shyt to WADA. It would help sure with Nevada who is investigating it but also doesn't mean it wasn't contaminated meat if there was no test prior. Nobody knows what additional information Nevada has until they release it. For all we know Canelo could have receipts or picture proving what he ate.

According to canelo promoter who spoke last week they seem to know where he got contaminated meat and have proof or data to support it but can't speak on it or release it until Nevada is done. But Nevada apparently already has that information.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelos-...orried--126221

"I'm 100% sure that this fight is going to take place. "We have sent data, all the information we have, everything, [to the Nevada State Athletic Commission]. In the end, when they finish the investigation we can talk and publicly and provide the details of the situation.

What happens, is people do not understand that a fighter is not on a diet all year, he is only on a diet when he is preparing for the fight. Between fights is when they eat their sweets, their chocolates, their cookies, if they drink, they drink. This is what is happening here, he was not in training, he was not in his camp and he did not take care of the diet."

Comment

If you were to cycle off of clen and tested yourself daily for levels, do you think you could ever get test level of 0.7-0.8ng/mL? Or do you think this is only possible with contamination?

This wouldn't even be an issue if he had a recent, prior negative result. That automatically would confirm meat contamination. But since this hasn't been brought up, it's obvious that his first random tests were the ones that came up positive.

How anyone who's intellectually honest can claim contamination as the only possible reason is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Of course, said the accused. I mean it's not like Canelo got his first title shot, a vacant belt against legendary Matthew Hatton who never even fought in the division. No open scoring in his first step up fight against Austin Trout. Didn't get a draw against Floyd on one card in a fight he was embarrassed in. Didn't have wide scores in a fight he could have lost to Lara. Didn't fight in a made up weight class just for himself that the sanctioning bodies recognized as legit. Didn't get a draw in a fight he should have lost against Golovkin. And definitely didn't have a failed drug test that is swept under the rug. Yep, absolutely no favoritism here, thanks for clearing it uo, carry on!
        well said sir....NSAC, WBC, Golden Boy Promotions, etc. must think we're all ignorant fan boys...

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          It's funny to see many of the Canelo fans on here proclaiming him to be a clean athlete beyond a shadow of a doubt but they know good and well that had this situation been reversed and ggg was the one who came up positive (following a visit to Mexico), they would crucify him. But since it's Canelo, ohh, it's just bad meat, He's never tested positive before, ggg is just scared to fight him, it's only trace amounts, etc etc. Wonder if they remember morales getting fined and suspended for 2 yrs a few years back for the very same thing.
          of course not! It does not suit the "let's hate GGG" agenda because "he's not black or Mexican"....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Golden boy shouldn't of cut out the line but drug expert Memo already explained why you see the drop from 1 test to the 2nd. Folks are now trying to twist that to saying only 1 test had values consistent with meat contamination. Not true WADA own website they state values 1ng or lower are in range for meat contamination. The first test had 0.6-0.8ng lower then 1ng. And the second test had 0.06-0.08ng lower 1ng. What the director said isn't that only 1 test is within range for meat contamination but that since there were 2 test they need to investigate why which Nevada is doing. Everybody was reporting canelo failed 2 tests so it was no need that info was out there but golden boy was trying to act like only 1 test to the public. Means nothing for the investigation since Nevada has always know it was 2 tests.

https://www.am.com.mx/2018/03/07/gen...#ixzz59CFfL8SU

03/07/2018
            The contamination of Saul Alvarez was due to consume meat, said Angel Guillermo Heredia.

The physical trainer analyzed on his own the concentrations of clenbuterol that the "Canelo" threw in the voluntary tests carried out by the VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) on February 17 and 20 in Jalisco.

The result for the Guadalajara man was 0.6 to 0.8 nanograms per milliliter in the first, and 0.06 to 0.08 in the second.

"When doing a mathematical calculation, taking into account what is the half-life of clenbuterol, which is 36 hours, depends on the human being, the activity of the athlete or metabolism of the person, taking those factors, I made an exponential equation and I It gives me an accuracy of 99 percent that amount (of the 'Canelo') is according to consumption of contaminated meat.

"In my opinion, neutral, and as a scientist and with morals, as a professional, with all the experience I have, it is practically due to contamination, since the levels of 'Canelo' are too low, what happens is that there are many problems of clenbuterol in Mexico, "Heredia added.

"There are cases above 20 or 25, or up to 40 nanograms per milliliter, and they are clearly taking that substance as doping, and one point is that the tests were in Mexico, 'Canelo' ate that meat in Mexico."
            If today I took a pill, the minimum dose of clenbuterol, which is 0.02 milligrams, means that when I take that pill I will have an amount of 20 ng / ml in the urine, and after 36 hours I will have 10 ng / ml, and after another 36 hours I will have 5 thousand.

Then, the "Canelo" had less than 1 ng / ml, and even lower 3 days later, so it goes according to what is metabolism of clenbuterol, it is nothing, and 'Canelo' for me is clean.

This is from people who actually studied the usage and administered to people and was written before this issue:

"Therapeutic dose (20, 40 and 80 micrograms/man) of clenbuterol hydrochloride, a beta 2-adrenergic stimulant, was orally administered to healthy volunteers, and the unmetabolized drug in plasma and urine was determined by enzyme immunoassay. The plasma levels of clenbuterol reached the maximum value of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.35 ng/ml, respectively, in a dose-dependent manner within 2.5 h, which lasted for over 6 h after the administration. The half-life of clenbuterol in plasma was estimated to be about 35 h. When the drug was orally administered repeatedly to men twice a day, the plasma level reached the plateau within 4 d after the initial administration. At that time, the plasma levels of the unchanged form were 0.2 to 0.3 ng/ml and 0.5 to 0.6 ng/ml at doses of 20 and 40 micrograms/man, respectively. The bound ratio of the drug to plasma protein was estimated to be 89-98% at a single administration of 80 micrograms of the drug. The cumulative urinary excretion of unchanged compound corresponded to about 20% of the administered dose as measured at 72 h following a single oral administration. "

Therapeutic dose (20, 40 and 80 micrograms/man) of clenbuterol hydrochloride, a beta 2-adrenergic stimulant, was orally administered to healthy volunteers, and the unmetabolized drug in plasma and urine was determined by enzyme immunoassay. The half-life of clenbuterol in plasma was estimated to be about 35 h. When the drug was orally administered repeatedly to men twice a day, the plasma level reached the plateau within 4 d after the initial administration. At that time, the plasma levels of the unchanged form were 0.2 to 0.3 ng/ml and 0.5 to 0.6 ng/ml at doses of 20 and 40 micrograms/man, respectively.

Canelo's first sample had 0.6-0.8 ng/ml

Seems like 0.6-0.8 ng/ml is quite a lot and consistent not with eating some meat, but with administering clenbuterol pills directly for a period of time.

Any amount of Clenbuterol is doping, says WADA

'This is just the dopers adjusting or mis-adjusting to the testing'

Recent Clenbuterol cases:
            - China's Fuyu Li: 50-100 picograms
            - Italy's Alessandro Colò: 200 picograms
            - Spain's Alberto Contador: 50 picograms
            - Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov: 75 picograms
            - Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez: 600-800 picograms

If they are so clean as some of you claim him to be, why hasn't any of his party including Canelo done the hair follicle test? It seems he is waiting for his hair to grow the clem cycling usage, lol!

People who dont want to believe Canelo has been cheating for a long time, be my guest, but the facts are on the table and as others have stated, we know he is favorite with the judges, his hands has been wrapped in a manner that is ilegal in other states, he has made his own weight division, Clenelo division and fight for belts @ that division, not only that, on the weight ins he usually looked like a mummy all thin skinned, pale color and pale lips and the next day he looked like a bull very big compared to his opponents, the first time I saw that I knew something was wrong, why hasnt he made 2nd day weight ins in a long time. So who knows since when he has been using handicap pills, lol!
            Last edited by Goyotronico; 03-23-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

LMFAO. Sure, buddy.

Alvarez has had favoritism in every single important fight since he was like 18 or 19. The record speaks for itself. You can't name a single big fight of his that didn't have something ****ty and corrupt involved. Asking us to believe you about drug tests considering his history of favoritism in every other aspect of the sport is just not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
              X