Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC On Golovkin's Claims: No Favoritism For Canelo in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you believe Canelo doesn't use PED'S you are naive. He has been caught with higher levels than contaminated meat. There is big money to be made in all sports so most, not some cheat There is a science to not getting caught. They know all the tricks. No one was more naive than me. I swore Lance Armstrong was clean and they were just out to get him. I thought he was just great.They all swear it's natural as they look you in the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk087 View Post
      If you believe Canelo doesn't use PED'S you are naive. He has been caught with higher levels than contaminated meat. There is big money to be made in all sports so most, not some cheat There is a science to not getting caught. They know all the tricks. No one was more naive than me. I swore Lance Armstrong was clean and they were just out to get him. I thought he was just great.They all swear it's natural as they look you in the eye.
      That's a flat out lie. WADA own website says 1ng or lower is consistent levels for contaminated meat.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Golden boy shouldn't of cut out the line but drug expert Memo already explained why you see the drop from 1 test to the 2nd. Folks are now trying to twist that to saying only 1 test had values consistent with meat contamination. Not true WADA own website they state values 1ng or lower are in range for meat contamination. The first test had 0.6-0.8ng lower then 1ng. And the second test had 0.06-0.08ng lower 1ng. What the director said isn't that only 1 test is within range for meat contamination but that since there were 2 test they need to investigate why which Nevada is doing. Everybody was reporting canelo failed 2 tests so it was no need that info was out there but golden boy was trying to act like only 1 test to the public. Means nothing for the investigation since Nevada has always know it was 2 tests.

https://www.am.com.mx/2018/03/07/gen...#ixzz59CFfL8SU

03/07/2018
        The contamination of Saul Alvarez was due to consume meat, said Angel Guillermo Heredia.

The physical trainer analyzed on his own the concentrations of clenbuterol that the "Canelo" threw in the voluntary tests carried out by the VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) on February 17 and 20 in Jalisco.

The result for the Guadalajara man was 0.6 to 0.8 nanograms per milliliter in the first, and 0.06 to 0.08 in the second.

"When doing a mathematical calculation, taking into account what is the half-life of clenbuterol, which is 36 hours, depends on the human being, the activity of the athlete or metabolism of the person, taking those factors, I made an exponential equation and I It gives me an accuracy of 99 percent that amount (of the 'Canelo') is according to consumption of contaminated meat.

"In my opinion, neutral, and as a scientist and with morals, as a professional, with all the experience I have, it is practically due to contamination, since the levels of 'Canelo' are too low, what happens is that there are many problems of clenbuterol in Mexico, "Heredia added.

"There are cases above 20 or 25, or up to 40 nanograms per milliliter, and they are clearly taking that substance as doping, and one point is that the tests were in Mexico, 'Canelo' ate that meat in Mexico."
        If today I took a pill, the minimum dose of clenbuterol, which is 0.02 milligrams, means that when I take that pill I will have an amount of 20 ng / ml in the urine, and after 36 hours I will have 10 ng / ml, and after another 36 hours I will have 5 thousand.

Then, the "Canelo" had less than 1 ng / ml, and even lower 3 days later, so it goes according to what is metabolism of clenbuterol, it is nothing, and 'Canelo' for me is clean.
        I can't believe Memo is talking about morals and integrity LOL.

BTW, if what he said is true, every 36 hours, Clen's amount should drop to a half, so it'd drop to a fourth in 3 days (20 - 10 -5; his example). Why did Canelos dropped from 0.8 to 0.08 in 3 days? That's much more than half every 36 hours...

IMO, that makes it even more suspicious; like he was flushing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Why not bring in Lance Armstrong and Alex Rodriguez next? I don't even know if boxing fans understand what i'm saying? It's not whether Canelo ate contaminated meat or not, it's about the optics! We don't see Memo and Victor Conte commenting on PEDs in the NFL! When we are talking about steroids, off-cycles, etc., and not sparring, training camps, etc., we have a problem. When guys busted in BALCO scandals actually become just as important to the sport as Freddie Roach and Emanuel Steward (R.I.P.), we have a problem!
          Memo and Conte are experts whether we like it or not. The NFL has a strict drug suspension policy and they have all their players under their thumbs probably the strongest and most powerful Commissioner in all sports and the weakest player union. But funny you bring up the NFL that had a player test positive for the same substance Canelo had after a 1 week vacation to Mexico. And yet that player was not banned/suspended because they spoke with drug experts on meat contamination and the problem in Mexico and the player was not punished.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...golovkin-fight

In 2016, former Houston Texans left tackle Duane Brown tested positive for clenbuterol. Brown, who now plays for the Seattle Seahawks, was not disciplined

I do agree Boxing is the wild west with a million different voices and the optics look bad but it's because you have so many different promoters, commissions, abc orgs, multiple testing agencies ect so the message is all over the place. That's one of the things the NFL does great but it's because everything is under their 1 umbrella and they are such a powerful league, some argue maybe they have too much power, but it allows them to control the message that get's out. If this was the NFL handling this the message would be different no doubt but lets not forget they came to the same conclusion with Duane Brown where they made exceptions to their own drug protocol which called for an automatic suspension because the testing agency and drug experts said this is consistent with meat contamination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk087 View Post
            No he wasn't you moron.

Comment

Memo and Conte are experts whether we like it or not. The NFL has a strict drug suspension policy and they have all their players under their thumbs probably the strongest and most powerful Commissioner in all sports and the weakest player union. But funny you bring up the NFL that had a player test positive for the same substance Canelo had after a 1 week vacation to Mexico. And yet that player was not banned/suspended because they spoke with drug experts on meat contamination and the problem in Mexico and the player was not punished.

In 2016, former Houston Texans left tackle Duane Brown tested positive for clenbuterol. Brown, who now plays for the Seattle Seahawks, was not disciplined

I do agree Boxing is the wild west with a million different voices and the optics look bad but it's because you have so many different promoters, commissions, abc orgs, multiple testing agencies ect so the message is all over the place. That's one of the things the NFL does great but it's because everything is under their 1 umbrella and they are such a powerful league, some argue maybe they have too much power, but it allows them to control the message that get's out. If this was the NFL handling this the message would be different no doubt but lets not forget they came to the same conclusion with Duane Brown where they made exceptions to their own drug protocol which called for an automatic suspension because the testing agency and drug experts said this is consistent with meat contamination.
              Memo has done nothing to prove he's on the straight and narrow. Conte has spread a lot of information and at least seems to be on the straight and narrow even if people will always hold onto their suspicion. Everyone knows memo is still juicing guys, not to mention is juiced. look at the fckers swollen face (not expecting you to know anything about that).

Comment

That's a flat out lie. WADA own website says 1ng or lower is consistent levels for contaminated meat.
                That would be true IF a recent, previous test was negative. Do we know if he was tested prior (within a month) before the positive Feb. results?

If he wasn't tested, there is NO way of determining if it's food contamination vs the end of a cycle.

Comment

As long as we agree that the optics are bad! We don't know, or talk about the S&C coach for the Houston Texans, but in boxing, we all know about Memo, Conte, and Ariza! GGG is definitely NOT helping to control the message either! Needle marks, etc.! You don't see these type of comments in other sports. I never heard Brady say Peyton Manning's recovery from neck surgery is due to illegal subsatnces, or LeBron calling out Kobe for knee treatments overseas! IT"S NOT A GOOD LOOK!

Comment

Originally posted by OneHitBlunder View Post
                    That would be true IF a recent, previous test was negative. Do we know if he was tested prior (within a month) before the positive Feb. results?

If he wasn't tested, there is NO way of determining if it's food contamination vs the end of a cycle.
                    No clue if he had a previous test or if this was the first for the fight. but that doesn't have anything to do with WADA's stance on this. It's not predicate on a previous tests. If you test under their limit 1ng for this substance and are from a country that has meat problem with this substance then you fall under "consistent with meat contamination". It's then later on the sports commission to investigate further. Which is exactly what happened here. WADA is just a testing agency but on their website they state they don't recommend punishment in these cases.

"we maintain that disciplinary proceedings against athletes with low level urinary concentrations, from countries known for significant risk of exposure, would have little to no prospect of success; and, would be very unfair to the athletes concerned.”

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/ne...rd-documentary

Also from the link.

"All of the values were below 1ng/ml and therefore in the range of potential meat contamination cases."

Canelo's results were between 0.6-0.8ng and 0.06-0.08ng both low and considered ultra-trace levels (less then 1ng)

Comment

Your link sends us to a WADA newsroom with multiple sub-links. Sorry if I'm not going to click on each one to find your quote to get the context of said quote.

Canelo's numbers mean little without knowing when the prior negative was drawn. To simply say if a level of 1ng/mL or less is via meat contamination is WRONG. Your own quote says "potential"

I'm not saying he was cycling clen, but I'm also not saying his levels were from meat contamination.

Comment

Working...
                      X