No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Grant vs. Michael Sprott Set Down For MBS Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
    Can we get Danny Williams an opponent on the undercard?
    Now we're talking. Danny Williams vs James Toney as the co-main event!!

Comment

You know.. i saw the title and only clicked the article to get confirmation that there indeed is another boxer named Michael Grant. I mean, its a common enough name right? Surely this wasn't the Grant that had his soul extracted from his body via a Lennox Lewis uppercut. But lo and behold...

Comment

With a mega fight like this, who needs Joshua vs Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I know it's unrealistic but would be nice to see some kind of boxer's pension fund set up. Active fighters pay 0.5% (or whatever) of each purse into it and once a guy retires he gets the pension payments for 10 years (or whaever) Gives them something to live on and a financial incentive not to fight.
          I like this idea. I would like to see the percentage higher that that though and to make sure it doesn't hurt those that it intends to eventually help, they could make it so it doesn't apply to a purse under a set amount, maybe 50k or something like that.

As far as Grant, I liked him when he was coming up and heading into the fight with Lewis. He got completely embarrassed in that fight. Had a nice jab and a good right hand but nothing else. Should have retired after that fight. It's a shame. He was an intelligent, well spoken man back then. How much could he even be making for a fight like this? Sad to see guys still fighting for so little money.

Comment

getting punched on the head must beat their other money making options

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              I know it's unrealistic but would be nice to see some kind of boxer's pension fund set up. Active fighters pay 0.5% (or whatever) of each purse into it and once a guy retires he gets the pension payments for 10 years (or whaever) Gives them something to live on and a financial incentive not to fight.
              are boxers incapable of setting up their own pension fund ? nascar driers and celebs dont get a pension either.

boxers want to waste their money and then cry poverty ?!?!?
              thats on them

Comment

It's 2018 and Grant hasn't been any good in 15 years

Comment

I had to check the date to see if it was the 1st of April.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                    Wilder could very well be the next Grant, it remains to be seen but he does appear to have a better chin.

They are built like twins

As far as opponents I think Izon, Savarese, & Golota are better than any 3 Wilder has faced.

Was Ortiz better than Golota?

I say doubtful.....interesting imo

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                      Grant has never been any good.

Comment

Working...
                      X