Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Camp Standing Firm That Top Rank Contract Expired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
    ---------------------------------------

Notice I didn't include TBE or Marquez because Manny came up short against good boxers. They didn't even have to be great. A good boxer will always beat Manny that's why he fought BUMS after BUMS his whole career.

Manny could have had a great career with wins over decent boxers but he is just an average guy with dubious records especially the pure garbage of "the only fighter to win belts in 8 different weight classes".

You ask any Filipino who make up a vast majority of his fans about the titles and they have no clue who Manny beat to "win" those titles and worse, one of those titles is a ****ing Ring ****zine!! WTF
    stfu. you said pac fought nothing but BUMS! LOL!! i guess TBE a BUM too LOL.

Comment

a well-known saying.....

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      If you are a car salesman & can sell a $22,000 car for $26,000 & take some extra commission are you ripping of the guy or just a good businessman trying to get ahead? I say you are a good businessman trying to get ahead.

Thats what Arum is as I see it, thats why Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Mikey, JCC Jr & so on left him...thats Arum with all his boxers & all the people he works with. Arum isn't around today if he's not paying guys $1 for every $1.50 he takes in. No one becomes a successful promoter taking in less than they are giving. Thats how business works more or less. And as such you are trying to get max value for your side.

Where that line is between "trying to get ahead" & straight up taking advantage of someone's ******ity or simply being inferior with deal making is a difficult discussion I'd agree with most I imagine in saying. But one such stance with that would be that anything you can get a person of sound mind to agree to is fair game cuz in deals idk that the game of it all should require you to look out for anyone else but yourself necessarily.

the only two people lower than a second-hand car dealer.....

are a child ******er, and a politician

oh..... and I will add, boxing promoter..... especially Arum lol

sorry bud, but I will not be believing good ol Honest Bob today

you learn to smarten up as you make your way further through life

I am not suggesting that Bob " took advantage " of Manny, by charging him 26k for a car that was only worth 22k..... ..... I am suggesting that he knowingly rolled back the speedo, and then lied about it

btw man, taking advantage of someones ignorance, by lying to them about what a car is worth..... would be the actions of a lying low-life piece of shht..... one who will not stay in business for very long

business dealings should be a mutually-beneficial symbiotic relationship

I very rarely ever agree with your viewpoints, on anything

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        1) Arum is a known liar/manipulator/scumbag..... LOTS of fighters have accused him of ripping them off, not just Manny lol

sorry, but that sounds absolutely gullible

Arum has ripped EVERYONE off, not just Pac lol
        Who did Arum steal from? Name names & situations.

2) the issue is not whether Manny is getting his " true value "

the issue is whether Arum has been blatantly RIPPING PAC OFF..... interfering with Pac's legitimate right to have an honest understanding of his own finances/legal concerns (VisionQuest)..... lying to him about the state of fight negotiations (Mayweather, and others)..... interfering with Pac's business dealings by threatening potential financiers (Matthyse/Khan, and others)..... as well as lying about the current state of his fight contract

e.g.

the purse for Mayweather/Pacquiao was supposed to be $200mil..... with $120mil going to Mayweather, and $80mil going to Pac, and an undisclosed split on the PPV

but this is what Pac actually received.....

"Other than stating his superstar fighter will be cut a $25 million check on Saturday night, promoter Bob Arum declined Wednesday to discuss just how much money Manny Pacquiao could make overall for his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr."
        https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-man...charity--90442
        There seems like there are few facts here & a bunch of conspiracy theory.

you said this.....

then you said words to the effect.... oh no, Bob would never do anything like that..... lol
        I don't believe Bob would be ****** enough to outright do some Don King type sh^t with Manny or any of his other big names. He'll get his edge in the cuts he gets you to agree to.

it sounds like you think that Arum is Honest Bob..... but he is notorious for lying about the state of fight negotiations (including to his fighters) and he has been convicted of bribery and corruption more than once..... so yea, naive is the right word
        I think the juice isn't worth the squeeze for Bob to f#ck over a fighter in some scammy way when he can just insure Manny doesn't get his full value & Arum pockets that money.

you think that Arum is Honest Bob, who would never do anything like that..... and yet I think that he has lied to Manny, he has manipulated Manny, he has RIPPED MANNY OFF, and he will take advantage of Pac every single way that he possibly can..... then, he will hang Manny out to dry, just like he did to everyone else

let's agree to disagree..... again !
        And I'd argue thats Manny's fault to some degree just like its Tyson's fault King f#cked him or whoevers fault their promoter f#cking them. Granted King went an extra mile further than I tend to believe Arum is doing these days (maybe in the past Arum was sketchier, I believe he paid off ABC Groups + threw fights in the past).

But again I tend to caulk it up to good business by Arum, bad business by Manny & other fighters more than Arum is stealing from Manny. Til proven otherwise anyway. Tyson won a lawsuit over King for f#cking him over. If Manny feels he was legit robbed by Arum he should pursue a lawsuit against Arum the same way.

Comment

btw man, taking advantage of someones ignorance, by lying to them about what a car is worth..... would be the actions of a lying low-life piece of shht..... one who will not stay in business for very long
          Thats not how our society works based on what I see. And that certainly isn't how things work in boxing. Promotions consistently angle fighters into deals that are not based upon their true value. Go look at Arum's past disputes with fighters for evidence of that. And thats why I'm sure Arum is in the right here, cuz he dots his i's & crosses his t's, even if he's a used car salesman-like promoter milking any edge he can get.

business dealings should be a mutually-beneficial symbiotic relationship
          Well yea sure...BUT they are mutually beneficial to the degree one side can convince the other side of his value being greater thus he'll find more upside in the deal. Idk that many deals are legit 50/50. There is always an edge going one way or the other & thats usually decided by who's the better negotiator &/or who's got the better business savvy.

And in boxing thats always the promoter pretty much. Promoter & boxer dealings are probably like putting a ivy league professor & high school drop out heads up in a game of Jeopardy.

Comment

Thats not how our society works based on what I see. And that certainly isn't how things work in boxing. Promotions consistently angle fighters into deals that are not based upon their true value. Go look at Arum's past disputes with fighters for evidence of that. And thats why I'm sure Arum is in the right here, cuz he dots his i's & crosses his t's, even if he's a used car salesman-like promoter milking any edge he can get.

Well yea sure...BUT they are mutually beneficial to the degree one side can convince the other side of his value being greater thus he'll find more upside in the deal. Idk that many deals are legit 50/50. There is always an edge going one way or the other & thats usually decided by who's the better negotiator &/or who's got the better business savvy.

And in boxing thats always the promoter pretty much. Promoter & boxer dealings are probably like putting a ivy league professor & high school drop out heads up in a game of Jeopardy.

your society maybe

btw, I did not mention what society in general thinks

I mentioned what was obviously morally correct

keyword = obviously

don't confuse lying/cheating, or even hustling, with business

that used to be called wheeling and dealing..... it was frowned upon by most of society, and usually performed by "wanna buy a watch" type slicksters who could obviously not be trusted

now it is called " hustling " and it is cool

just like Nikki Minaj's big fat FAKE ass..... back in the day, society in general would have written her off as an idiot..... but now fake ass's are cool as hell and everyone wants one

fk " society " in general..... if you lie/misrepresent, you are a lying sack of shht

I asked what YOU think, not today's (sick) society in general

Comment

good god, are you a pacfan..... or do you actually hate the cvnt ?

Comment

your society maybe

btw, I did not mention what society in general thinks

I mentioned what was obviously morally correct

keyword = obviously
                I don't think you get ahead being THAT moral in business. Business guys get millions in bonuses as they lay off employees. You are living in some rainbow & unicorn place no else is living in.

don't confuse lying/cheating, or even hustling, with business
                I think some or all of those are tactics business cats use today. Idk where you live. It sound magical doe.

that used to be called wheeling and dealing..... it was frowned upon by most of society, and usually performed by "wanna buy a watch" type slicksters who could obviously not be trusted

now it is called " hustling " and it is cool

just like Nikki Minaj's big fat FAKE ass..... back in the day, society in general would have written her off as an idiot..... but now fake ass's are cool as hell and everyone wants one

fk " society " in general..... if you lie/misrepresent, you are a lying sack of shht
                LOL idek what this rant is about, but solid rant.

I asked what YOU think, not today's (sick) society in general
                I think this sh^t is just standard promoter/boxer sh^t. Granted Manny might not be as business savvy as some & Arum might be more business savvy than other promoters so this situation looks worse to many on top of Manny being a big name.

But I don't see anything other than normal TR strategy here with contractually bound fighters along with tactics to keep them contractually obligated.

Is it right? F#ck no, but 95% of the sh^t that happens in boxing is sketchy to most of society & to most people on a good day, but its still done within the laws & requirements of the Ali Act.

And if its not than Manny will sue his a$$.

Comment

I don't think you get ahead being THAT moral in business. Business guys get millions in bonuses as they lay off employees. You are living in some rainbow & unicorn place no else is living in.

I think some or all of those are tactics business cats use today. Idk where you live. It sound magical doe.

LOL idek what this rant is about, but solid rant.

I think this sh^t is just standard promoter/boxer sh^t. Granted Manny might not be as business savvy as some & Arum might be more business savvy than other promoters so this situation looks worse to many on top of Manny being a big name.

But I don't see anything other than normal TR strategy here with contractually bound fighters along with tactics to keep them contractually obligated.

Is it right? F#ck no, but 95% of the sh^t that happens in boxing is sketchy to most of society & to most people on a good day, but its still done within the laws & requirements of the Ali Act.

And if its not than Manny will sue his a$$.

you're right, he rips off everyone

and Manny won't sue anyone

he will fight a Top Rank opponent, regardless as to the state of his contract

Comment

I will just leave it man

I seriously can't be fk'd even talking to someone who would side with a promoter over a fighter..... especially a promoter who is known to be corrupt/greedy/dishonest, and considered by some to be a cancer on the sport

and no..... not blah blah, look at all the fights he made

if Arum had never existed, those very same fights may have been made even sooner, and under more favorable conditions to the fighter

Comment

I told everyone that Arum was doing everything he could to fk Manny over

he has been doing this for DECADES, why was he going to change now?

personally, I think that Arum will get his way this time as well

Pac will not fight Matthyse, he will fight a Top Rank opponent

he will get his way for the exact same reason he got his way with the VisionQuest debacle..... because, nothing has changed
                      Bob Arum doesn't have a Senator anymore in his pocket (Harry Reid is retired). Pacquiao on the other hand has the political clout now (aka he got in real close with the current GOP senator from Nevada).

Comment

Working...
                      X