No announcement yet.

Dana White Reportedly Planning To Make $500M 10 Fight Offer To Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
    When Canelo fought in Texas what was the attendance?

I don’t think he has sold out a area remotely close to 90k

I don’t think he can draw like that or he would probably be fighting in the Dallas cowboys stadium damn near every fight.
    I asked first. Whats the gate revenue Joshua brings in? I hear its about $10M-$15M. Canelo vs GGG did $27M which is the 3rd largest gate in boxing history. Sh^t Canelo vs JCC Jr (a garbage opponent to most fans) did $10M with way less seats being sold. People wanna see Canelo more than Joshua.

Don't fret it probably won't be like that forever, but currently thats the case. If both guys were investments I'd for sure be buying shares of Joshua over Canelo. But right now reality is reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Why would he give that up for what'd basically be an option deal with Dana White?
      If $50M per fight isn't more than he's getting right now or if he thinks he can get more than $50M in the future with his current 80/20 deal with Hearn than he shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        With the fickleness of HW boxing I'd be surprised if ANYONE is offering ANYONE a 10 fight half a billion dollar deal.

I'm sure it'd look like 99% of boxing contracts where you are taking a paycut if you lose & the deal could end at any time.

Well yea I agree with you here. This is what Joshua SHOULD do if he's being smart. There is no reason at all to be locked in with anyone. If he's with Matchroom he can stay with Matchroom just minus any sort of long term contract.

If they get Joshua I bet they find some other guys a couple levels down that join up. After a deal like that is made I bet the money alone should get everyone who's free or soon to be free talking to Dana. That would legitimize them like a mfer.

If Joshua were to sign with Dana I'd assume they'd pivot strongly to the US first off (immediately or soon after) & idk why the f#ck Sky wouldn't want a piece of Joshua still Hearn/Matchroom sh^tty deal or not.

I still don't get why Sky gave Hearn THAT much power, but I bet they'd fire his a$$ from that gig to keep Joshua PPV fights in the UK if they had to. F#ck showing Kell Brook fights.

As to the US TV situation thats so up in the air its massively speculative how that lands & what things could look like cuz the streaming sh^t. Streaming sh^t is going to make a play towards the UFC & Boxing sooner or later as they will with all live sports cuz its a superior form of viewing live sports & there is money to be made. So who knows where the UFC could be showing up in 2019...maybe FOX still...maybe Amazon....maybe HBO...who f#cking knows.
        Sky Sports stuck with Eddie Hearn because he was able to rebuild boxing in the UK as a major sport; Anthony Joshua is the brightest star in the mix, but Sky Sports isn't betting their boxing franchise on one fighter.

Anthony Joshua is 28 years; if everything goes great and Joshua keeps to the sport, you've got another decade to look at.

Matchroom already got the 2008 GB squad (Price, Degale, Gavin, Yafai), the 2012 GB squad (Joshua, Campbell), the 2016 GB squad (Buatsi, Kelly, Okolie, Cordina, Fowler, Yafai), and will likely have the inside track on the 2020 GB squad too.

Can't hurt having multiple staves in the fire.

Comment

Sky Sports stuck with Eddie Hearn because he was able to rebuild boxing in the UK as a major sport; Anthony Joshua is the brightest star in the mix, but Sky Sports isn't betting their boxing franchise on one fighter.
          Yea fair play I guess still sounds like they are sucking his dick when a handshake woulda gotten the job done to me. But beyond all that personal opinion sh^t about that deal I don't even get the "Sky is gone for Joshua" narrative if Hearn doesn't retain Joshua's services.

Why would Sky end their relationship with Joshua over who's promoting his fights? Why wouldn't Hearn sign off (so f#cking dumb Sky even gave him that power lol) on Joshua fights being on Sky cuz that'd be a nice check for all parties I assume? Why would they cut of their nose to spite their face? Don't make no damn sense.

It'd be stupid & petty of Sky & Hearn NOT to show Joshua PPV fights if f#cking Warren was promoting him let alone Dana or whoever. Joshua is big f#cking money.

Comment

Does he take it & sign with someone unproven in boxing promotion or nah?

Floyd must be getting billion dollars offers then

Comment

Yea fair play I guess still sounds like they are sucking his dick when a handshake woulda gotten the job done to me. But beyond all that personal opinion sh^t about that deal I don't even get the "Sky is gone for Joshua" narrative if Hearn doesn't retain Joshua's services.

Why would Sky end their relationship with Joshua over who's promoting his fights? Why wouldn't Hearn sign off (so f#cking dumb Sky even gave him that power lol) on Joshua fights being on Sky cuz that'd be a nice check for all parties I assume? Why would they cut of their nose to spite their face? Don't make no damn sense.

It'd be stupid & petty of Sky & Hearn NOT to show Joshua PPV fights if f#cking Warren was promoting him let alone Dana or whoever. Joshua is big f#cking money.
              It is a bit of spite, but does make sense too. With Joshua signed elsewhere, Sky Sports won't have the latitude to present Anthony Joshua in the way and manner that they'd like. Dana White could have an entirely different way that he sees Anthony Joshua being presented, and he'd be well in his way to try and call the shot.

Money is good and all, but control is worth more than money; rather get dictated to by Dana White on how to do anything (the fighter wasn't nearly as good, but the Eubank's tried something similar), Sky Sports can keep to their vision, dictate what's needed to Eddie Hearn, and Hearn will deliver for Sky Sports with everyone else (Buatsi, Kelly, a Bellew-Ward fight, other young prospect coming along, etc).

Control is key

Comment

It is a bit of spite, but does make sense too. With Joshua signed elsewhere, Sky Sports won't have the latitude to present Anthony Joshua in the way and manner that they'd like. Dana White could have an entirely different way that he sees Anthony Joshua being presented, and he'd be well in his way to try and call the shot.

Money is good and all, but control is worth more than money; rather get dictated to by Dana White on how to do anything (the fighter wasn't nearly as good, but the Eubank's tried something similar), Sky Sports can keep to their vision, dictate what's needed to Eddie Hearn, and Hearn will deliver for Sky Sports with everyone else (Buatsi, Kelly, a Bellew-Ward fight, other young prospect coming along, etc).

Control is key
                I don't think Sky cares THAT much about control, hell they wouldn't have given Hearn so much control if they did I'd argue. Would they rather have control? Hell yea obviously. But if Joshua signed with a non-Hearn promoter I don't for a minute believe they won't show Joshua PPV fights.

The only way they won't show Joshua fights is if Joshua signs a deal with some other PPV provider in the UK & it doesn't sound like that ITV thing is even the Showtime to Sky's HBO for a US to UK comparison. So I think Joshua + Sky will be in business for a long time to come cuz MONEY!!! & cuz Hearn isn't gonna be that butthurt to f#ck up his own money over Joshua's decision.

Comment

I don't think Sky cares THAT much about control, hell they wouldn't have given Hearn so much control if they did I'd argue. Would they rather have control? Hell yea obviously. But if Joshua signed with a non-Hearn promoter I don't for a minute believe they won't show Joshua PPV fights.

The only way they won't show Joshua fights is if Joshua signs a deal with some other PPV provider in the UK & it doesn't sound like that ITV thing is even the Showtime to Sky's HBO for a US to UK comparison. So I think Joshua + Sky will be in business for a long time to come cuz MONEY!!! & cuz Hearn isn't gonna be that butthurt to f#ck up his own money over Joshua's decision.
                  Eddie is the content provider, but Sky Sports calls the shot on basically everything; with one conduit to fill talent, the operation runs smooth.

Dana White is quite unlikely to go along with things following Sky Sports' playbook (appearances on Sky programming, Gloves Are Off on Sky Sports, Sky's Adam Smith leading media week, how the event is marketed on Sky, etc), so the money won't matter (how much money Sky actually makes on Joshua is unclear).

Sky will likely miss having Anthony Joshua, but no one's calling the shot for them, imo, no matter what money

Comment

Eddie is the content provider, but Sky Sports calls the shot on basically everything; with one conduit to fill talent, the operation runs smooth.

Dana White is quite unlikely to go along with things following Sky Sports' playbook (appearances on Sky programming, Gloves Are Off on Sky Sports, Sky's Adam Smith leading media week, how the event is marketed on Sky, etc), so the money won't matter (how much money Sky actually makes on Joshua is unclear).

Sky will likely miss having Anthony Joshua, but no one's calling the shot for them, imo, no matter what money
                    Don't they show Floyd & Canelo PPV's? Whats the difference with Joshua? Joshua broke their heart too much or something if he leaves Hearn?

I don't buy it. Sky will ride with Joshua & Hearn will sign off on Joshua fighting on Sky for the foreseeable future UNLESS Joshua parts ways with Sky. That could happen.

It'd be stupid of Sky to willingly disassociate themselves with the biggest draw in the UK over who's promoting him. And they are giving up money over petty sh^t.

Comment

If gets offered that for like 3/4 fights then I can see him accepting it. But for ten fights? He might say no, because in another 4/5 fights I wouldn’t be shocked if he starts making close to £40m a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X