Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it fair to say that both Joshua and Wilder are rare talents.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it fair to say that both Joshua and Wilder are rare talents.

Joshua is a genetic freak and has a work rate I haven't seen before. Wilder is a physical specimen with GOAT athletic ability at the HW division and maybe the hardest puncher of all time.
    Last edited by Sheldon312; 03-21-2018, 03:29 PM.

Wilders not a talent , he relies on being taller and being quicker . Without either of the two we wouldn't have even known about him .

Joshua IS a talent and has never been close to losing outside Klitchko or worried about being behind in fights . He actually revolves around skill ,theres no comparison between the two .

Wilder IS effective bc what he has,length ,speed , power but these arent skills . They are attributes and Joshua has them too.

Joshua is a rare talent bc you wont find a 6'6 240 plus counter punching style who likes close quarters fighting using combinations . He will have the advantage all the time if one cannot fight at close range .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-21-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Neither are 'rare' boxing talents.

They are just superior physical specimens in terms of muscle mass, height and overall physicality.

It pains me to say that the true definition of a 'rare talent' would be Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Wilders not a talent , he relies on being taller and being quicker . Without either of the two we wouldn't have even known about him .

Joshua IS a talent and has never been close to losing outside Klitchko or worried about being behind in fights . He actually revolves around skill ,theres no comparison between the two .

Wilder IS effective bc what he has,length ,speed , power but these arent skills . They are attributes and Joshua has them too.

Joshua is a rare talent bc you wont find a 6'6 240 plus counter punching style who likes close quarters fighting using combinations . He will have the advantage all the time if one cannot fight at close range .
        If we're talking pure boxing talent, then Wilder is one of the least talented HW champs ever.

But If you define any inborn, natural ability as a talent, then Wilder is indeed highly talented. He has that tall, skinny frame, which gives him range and speed, and he is also extremely strong with natural ko power.

That's a rare combination, and it's what Nazeem Richardson meant when he was talking about how talented Wilder is.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          If we're talking pure boxing talent, then Wilder is one of the least talented HW champs ever.

But If you define any inborn, natural ability as a talent, then Wilder is indeed highly talented. He has that tall, skinny frame, which gives him range and speed, and he is also extremely strong with natural ko power.

That's a rare combination, and it's what Nazeem Richardson meant when he was talking about how talented Wilder is.
          Those arent talents for Wilder they are attributes !

Wilder still doesnt have that boxing intuition ,hes not fluid ,doesnt set up more than 2 punces at a time and any opponents that gave resistance he has struggled or was behind in the fight even if you go by off the wall judging .

He is NOT a talented boxer.

He is a dangerous one, take away his power and your left with a below avg boxer .

Joshua , Fury , Joyce , are examples of talented boxers over 6'5 , they are using skills to dominate , Wilder uses patience to land big right hands ,he hasnt fought a PRIME power puncher or 6'6 plus guy with fluid skills yet . .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-21-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Those arent talents for Wilder they are attributes !

Wilder still doesnt have that boxing intuition ,hes not fluid ,doesnt set up more than 2 punces at a time and any opponents that gave resistance he has struggled or was behind in the fight even if you go by off the wall judging .

He is NOT a talented boxer.

He is a dangerous one, take away his power and your left with a below avg boxer .

Joshua , Fury , Joyce , are examples of talented boxers over 6'5 , they are using skills to dominate , Wilder uses patience to land big right hands ,he hasnt fought a PRIME power puncher or 6'6 plus guy with fluid skills yet . .
            What I'm saying is that any inborn, natural attribute can also be defined as a talent.

It gets a little confusing, because some people are born with natural, innate boxing ability, and Wilder is not one of them.
            Last edited by kafkod; 03-21-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I think, its fair

Comment

No it isn't fair to say that in my opinion. I think you have them both overrated by a large amount. They have won all their fights by ko but their opposition has been pretty weak. AJ came close to losing to a very old and well past prime Wlad who had been inactive for a long time. Wilder was almost KOed by a 38 year old Ortiz. Wilder hits hard but I think there have been harder punchers who threw their punches with better form and put more weight into their punches. I am talking about Liston, Foreman, Lewis and Tyson to name a few. I don't think any of them would need more than a round or two to KO Molina just as AJ did. It took your so called hardest puncher of all time 9 rounds to get rid of Molina. He also needed a long time to KO other mediocre heavyweights that would have been quickly KOed by a prime Tyson or Foreman. Both Wilder and AJ have a poor work rate of punches thrown per round. The heavyweights I listed threw about twice as many punches per round on average. If you don't believe that then watch some of their prime fights.

Comment

either that or u can sit n complain daily about how they would lose to or they are not better than fighters who are either dead, brain dead, or who ull never see get in a ring again..
                  Last edited by uppercut510; 03-21-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I think AJ is better than Wilder. He throws correct punches and is a good boxer with crushing power in both hands. Wilder throws some of the sloppiest widest punches of any champion I can think of. Wilder has a great left jab and a great straight right on those rare times when he throws it straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X