Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Golovkin retired today, would he be a HOFer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
    Wtf kind of reasoning is this? So monzon and hagler can dominate a single division their entire career and be recognized as atg, But ggg a guy who you have a weird obsession/hatred for isn't allowed because you think everyone should move up because you deem it right?
    What a great argument you have their, and your logic is foolproof. You hold him to standards that are beyond anyone else
    nah...I just hold him to a standard that I see set by actual greats from his generation...lol....its not that hard

the reality is...he ducked ward after he ran his mouth about 168 is easy and he wanted to fight there....but what he meant to say is "ill fight at 168 if I think I can win"

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      yet a disgrace like Andre Ward should get in with his illegal wrestling tactics and home town judges/refs?

if you're goign to keep ward out for being a dirty fighter you're going to ahve to cut out a lot of the hall of fame. evander holyfield fouled more in a 12 round fight than ward did in his entire championship run in 2 weight classes.

ward's also a much, much more accomplished fighter than golovkin. not even worth debating that part.

finally, we move on to refs and judges. i thought he lost the first kovalev fight, but it was close. i was there. that is not a robbery.

the only real sham refereeing job in ward's career was weeks in the final kovalev fight. those were low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        No, he has had two good opponents, both fights which ended in controversy. Many feel he should have lost to Jacobs, and that he should have won vs Canelo. Regardless, on paper, he has 1 good win.

Very good fighter, and has the talent to have made it in the HOF with better matchmaking. But, he doesn't have the resume to be HOF material right now. And, the clock is ticking...

Many feel he lost to Jacobs? what does "many" mean? like 5000 people? A better indication is %, and 25% feel he lost while majority 75% feel he won.

If being a world champion, having most defenses (or 2nd most behind Hopkins), being unified for a better part of a decade isn't considered hall of fame worthy then might as well take out at least half of the current HOF inductees.

Comment

yes first ballot maybe it would depend on who else would be going in with him

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if you're goign to keep ward out for being a dirty fighter you're going to ahve to cut out a lot of the hall of fame. evander holyfield fouled more in a 12 round fight than ward did in his entire championship run in 2 weight classes.

ward's also a much, much more accomplished fighter than golovkin. not even worth debating that part.

finally, we move on to refs and judges. i thought he lost the first kovalev fight, but it was close. i was there. that is not a robbery.

the only real sham refereeing job in ward's career was weeks in the final kovalev fight. those were low blows.

actually no he isn't without his illegal tactics.

he would've lost to Froch in England with an actual neutral ref. Even froch himself says Ward is unrateable because vast majority of his moves are illegal.
            bending below the waist.

holding and hitting.

excessive clinching.

low blows.

head butts.

etc

He's gone wayyyyyyy beyond Holyfield's arsenal of illegal moves.

name 1 time Holyfield stopped an opponent on lowblows and was awarded the win.

Ward has 2 losses to Kovalev(not a hofer) and won by 1 round on his home soil with illegal tactics over Froch.

btw I rate Danny Jacobs over Froch. Skills wise and opposition. Jacobs beat undefeated Kid Chocolate and also Truax who is a SMW champ now. Froch's best wins are ........... Kessler(who beat him in their prime) and Groves? lmao

Don't rate him. not sorry.
            Last edited by HeadShots; 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

he would've lost to Froch in England with an actual neutral ref. Even froch himself says Ward is unrateable because vast majority of his moves are illegal.
              bending below the waist.

holding and hitting.

excessive clinching.

low blows.

head butts.

etc

Ward has 2 losses to Kovalev(not a hofer) and won by 1 round on his home soil with illegal tactics over Froch.

btw I rate Danny Jacobs over Froch. Skills wise and opposition. Jacobs beat undefeated Kid Chocolate and also Truax who is a SMW champ now. Froch's best wins are ........... Kessler(who beat him in their prime) and Groves? lmao

i'm sorry for wasting a single second on you

i didnt spit out my tea unitl i read that you rate jacobs higher than froch . then i arched that **** half way across my living room! illegal tactics vs froch, lost five rounds to froch, ehse are lies i can deal with. stupid, wrong, but at least i've heard them before. but jacobs being better than froch ? mentioning caleb truax name seriously?

holy **** this has gotta stop .

Comment

bending below the waist.

holding and hitting.

excessive clinching.

low blows.

head butts.

etc

i think you mean two wins against kkkovalev

You communists need to get over it

USA WON

Comment

bending below the waist.

holding and hitting.

excessive clinching.

low blows.

head butts.

etc

Danny Jacobs over Froch?

Pull down you skirt, your Golovkin tattoo is showing. ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Danny Jacobs over Froch?

Pull down you skirt, your Golovkin tattoo is showing. ******.

Break down how Froch is more skilled than Jacobs. I'll wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      its 2018....leave hagler and monzon out of it you clown

Jacobs is Jacobs...saunder is saunders

now lets look at a list of guys that have moved...Floyd, cotto, canelo, ward, pac....etc etc....legends and hall of famers....now we can also compile a long list of current fighters who aren't quite legendary but are borderline hall of famers and/or quality fighters

just stfu u clown...wave your pom poms and stfu
                      Ward didn't move up, he moved down.

I guess you don't want to include Calzaghe either.
                      Jeff Horn.
                      Wangek.
                      Berchelt.
                      Usyk.
                      Spence Jr.
                      Gary Russell Jr.
                      Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X