Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Wins Tough Decision Over Amar, in Line For WBC Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was never too big on Gvozdyk but I do like him.

However, someone mentioned that he fought a journeyman. Yes, but this guy has never been down, that says something.

The guy legit came to fight, he was throwing shots till the bitter end.

I take nothing away from the opponent, he was dishing it out, had a granite beard and gave his best, which wasn't bad.

Much better fight for Gvozdyk then some other can that he would have KOd in 3rds.

However, Gvozdyk can't get hit by that by any of the top guys, he will get KOd. So would the other guys if they got nailed by Gvozdyk.

Did Gvozdyk know that the guy can't hurt him and just gave up on defense? Doubt it.

But the take away here is that Gvozdyk needs to work on his D big time. It does look like he has a good gas tank, he fought 12, he was active and got hit plenty in the process.

Makes it interesting to say the least, but I am sure that after this fight all the bookies will have the odds stacked in favor of his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by steady_p View Post
      Agree, against known low-level opponents, he looks a little bit lazy, not really motivated. The guy has a great potential imo, he probably needs to test himself against a top dog, he's got power, footwork and stamina, but really, in fights like this one, his behavior is a bit irritating.
      Before the fight, i had him winning by stoppage within rd5, but watching the fight, i just realized that it wouldn't happen. At the end of the fight he didn't even look happy of his own work, he probably wanted KO but honestly, he didn't do enough to deserve it... I'm disappointed, because i've been following his fights for some time and think he could be ready for a title shot but want him with a different attitude, otherwise the likes of Kovalev or Bivol literally eat him.
      I’d like to see him vs Bivol, not so much Kov. Even though him vs Kovalev would be a battle of the straight 1-2 variety. I think Bivol would be the more exciting fight. Gvozdyk has a hell of an uppercut when he isn’t trying to lean back with it, it’s very compact

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
        I was never too big on Gvozdyk but I do like him.

However, someone mentioned that he fought a journeyman. Yes, but this guy has never been down, that says something.

The guy legit came to fight, he was throwing shots till the bitter end.

I take nothing away from the opponent, he was dishing it out, had a granite beard and gave his best, which wasn't bad.

Much better fight for Gvozdyk then some other can that he would have KOd in 3rds.

However, Gvozdyk can't get hit by that by any of the top guys, he will get KOd. So would the other guys if they got nailed by Gvozdyk.

Did Gvozdyk know that the guy can't hurt him and just gave up on defense? Doubt it.

But the take away here is that Gvozdyk needs to work on his D big time. It does look like he has a good gas tank, he fought 12, he was active and got hit plenty in the process.

Makes it interesting to say the least, but I am sure that after this fight all the bookies will have the odds stacked in favor of his opponents.
        I agree 💯. There was a definite lack of defense on Gvozdyk ‘s end. Amar caught him with some leather that he shouldn’t have been caught with. Gvozdyk has a poor tendency to carry his left a lil too low imo.

Comment

Four Eastern Europeans with a belt at 175 now: Bivol (WBA), Gvozdyk (interim WBC), Beterbiev (IBF), Kovalev (WBO).

I would rank them in the following order: Kovalev, Bivol, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk.

Kovalev/Bivol are with the same promoter and Beterbiev/Gvozdyk are with the same promoter. Hopefully we get to see these fights soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Theosis26 View Post
            Respect to amar. He was brought in to be a quick ko victim but ended making gvozydk struggle for that title. Gvozdyk is so up & down. Against decent guys like chilemba & Gonzalez he looks like a force, but against lower tier dudes like amar, baker & karpency he looks vulnerable. Strange dude lol..
            Gvozdyck is amatourish. He foolingly gives them breathtakes and gasses on 55% instead going for a kill which gives jorneymans a belief in themseves.

He needs A BETTER CORNER COACH!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Four Eastern Europeans with a belt at 175 now: Bivol (WBA), Gvozdyk (interim WBC), Beterbiev (IBF), Kovalev (WBO).

I would rank them in the following order: Kovalev, Bivol, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk.

Kovalev/Bivol are with the same promoter and Beterbiev/Gvozdyk are with the same promoter. Hopefully we get to see these fights soon.
              Spot on BUT...

Kovalev and bivol ARE NOT with the same promoter.

Kovalev is with duva but bivol is with World of Box (Ryabinski).

Duva just has the opportunity to make some matches for him here. She also has a decent relationship with Ryabinski.

Comment

Working...
              X