Anthony Joshua "I Want Deontay Wilder Next, Not Tyson Fury"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    From Compubox
    For the whole fight Fury landed 86 punches total, Klitschko landed 52 punches total, that means Fury landed on average 2.8 more punches per round than Klitschko.... He barely out punched Wlad each round for a win, you call that a dominating performance? In Wladimir’s prime he was landing 50 punchers per round.
    In the actual fight Fury won every single round. Who cares about CompuBox?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      But he wasn't banned, so what you're saying is untrue.
      Stop lying, he WAS banned.

Comment

Neither have huge drawing ability? What do you mean? AJ is literally the biggest sports star in the UK, forget boxing. He draws 80k tickets and 1million PPVs per fight.

That's 70k more tickets and 1million more ppvs than Wilder per fight. His fights generate about 50million dollars. Wilder's do about 5-10million at best.

There's a clear and distinct difference in drawing power. However, when the two meet the fight obviously becomes bigger for both of them which is why something like 60-40 seems fair. 50-50 will never happen and neither should it.

Wilder realizes that.
        I don't have a problem with 60/40. But I am from the school of thought that titlist meeting to unify should close to if not equal earnings. This shouldn't be about a popularity contest, but a sporting contest. My reasoning for this is so these fights get made!!! Some of the biggest fights were never made because of purse splits that were to one sided. Bowe-Lewis comes to mind I believe. I think, if I'm thinking of the right fight the offer was 75/25. I don't care how popular a guy is, this is the hurt business and both men should be compensated fairly for there efforts. Now if there is a non effort in the ring after signing a fair contract I also think there should be penalties. Jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          Stop lying, he WAS banned.
          No he wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I don't have a problem with 60/40. But I am from the school of thought that titlist meeting to unify should close to if not equal earnings. This shouldn't be about a popularity contest, but a sporting contest. My reasoning for this is so these fights get made!!! Some of the biggest fights were never made because of purse splits that were to one sided. Bowe-Lewis comes to mind I believe. I think, if I'm thinking of the right fight the offer was 75/25. I don't care how popular a guy is, this is the hurt business and both men should be compensated fairly for there efforts. Now if there is a non effort in the ring after signing a fair contract I also think there should be penalties. Jmo.
            I totally agree it 'should'. But money talks unfortunately.

I do think that 40% and 10x his usual pay would be fair compensation for Wilder.

Comment

AJ knows fury will school him

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                Tyson Fury is the most difficult boxer at heavyweight.. On his best day he can beat AJ and Wilder.
                Leave it out mate PED user Fury is not relevant he bottled a klitschko rematch as much as I think Wilder is a fraud he has more bottle than Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Come on bro, how is it unfair? Neither have HUGE draw ability and neither is unified. How about 60/40 AJ in the UK, 50/50 IN THE US?

You are much more knowledgeable guy than me in terms of boxing and its history, Jab. But you are way off there.

Joshua is the second biggest draw in boxing behind Canelo.

Comment

But he wasn't banned, so what you're saying is untrue.
                    Yes he had a backdated ban try google boxing fan.

https://www.ukad.org.uk/news/article...oint-statement

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Boxing fans are so delusional. Fury will have been out of the ring for 3 years by the time he returns. You can't just abuse your body the way he did and come back the same. You hear how his voice is gone? You think he was able to do that kind of damage to himself but his cardio, reflexes, etc will still be that of a top HW boxer?? lol.

He is no longer the same boxer who beat Wlad, nor will he ever be at that level again.
                      I'll have a big "I told you so" loaded and waiting.
                      Basically nailed it

Comment

Working...
                      X