Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name fighters that have never been accused of ever ducking a fight in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, back on track with regards to this thread. The question was, who has never been accused of ducking, not who we can retrospectively accuse of ducking.

I havent come across any credible video footage of journalists and fans of the time accusing Ali of ducking Norton or Foreman. I havent come across any such footage of Leonard being accused of such ducks, or Duran or Hagler.

Comment

Joe Louis..

Comment

Povetkin,
        Provodnikov?
        Bivol. =P

Comment

Kelly Pavlik
          Arturo Gatti
          Edison Miranda
          Jeff Fenech
          Paulie Malignaggi

Comment

Paul the Punisher Williams?

This whole thread will be naming B side and lower fighters who don't have the luxury of picking and choosing their fights lol

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
              I don't remember Carl froch ducking anyone.
              People accused him of ducking the Ward and Dirrell rematches as well as the Groves rematch (for a while).

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                If a guy retires and stays retired..it's not a duck. Period.
                Isn't the point of this to name fighters that have been *accused* of ducking?

I think you have a good point there though...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  If you unnecessarily price yourself out, yes.

Like Leo Santa Cruz asking for an astronomical pay day for Rigondeaux, which he knew nobody can get that type of money for him.

Winky trying to get DLH/Mayweather money was a great way to c*ckblock his own resume from being great.
                  Pricing yourself out I say yes, but if somebody low balls you I would say no.

Comment

Originally posted by sore_back View Post
                    Isn't the point of this to name fighters that have been *accused* of ducking?

I think you have a good point there though...
                    The guy he's accused of ducking he FOUGHT...It's not a duck. No accusation

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Canelo fought GGG once, to a draw in a fight no one thought he won.

Ali fought Norton three times, in fights that could have gone either way. Ali came out of that 2-1. When was Ali supposed to fight Norton again? Give me an exact date because you claim its a duck.
                      I ain't doing a f#cking boxing history report cuz you don't buy it. It was after the 3rd time.

Plus I don't care about other threads.
                      That ain't got sh^t to do with it.

I guess most of you are annoyed most of the ducking accusations are aimed at lil boy floy but it is what it is. If he had spent his prime fighting the best available opposition, he wouldnt be maligned and his fans would not feel the need to malign greater fighters.
                      LOL Floyd's duck accusations are the easiest to defend. Margarito had nothing to do with Margarito. It had to do with leaving Top Rank when an opening presented itself. And Paul Williams was notable in the same weight division as Floyd for about 3 months. And the Mosley & ODLH claims are silly cuz those fights didn't make sense for Mosley & ODLH more then Floyd was even in position to duck Mosley & ODLH for almost all of the time they were all notable cuz Mosley was making moves he wanted more than Floyd was for most of that time & ODLH was making moves for all of that time more than Floyd was. If ODLH didn't want Floyd that fight NEVER happens cuz ODLH was the man to call the shots up to & including the Floyd fight.

But nah man duck threads are 98% stupid whoever they are about. Even sh^t people take as easy duck claims like Adonis ducking Kov isn't a duck in my eyes. Adonis was with HBO. Then HBO didn't pay him right before this huge fight they were building to. I don't see that as a legit duck. Thats getting paid the most in a career thats short. HBO easily insures Adonis vs Kov happens by merely matching the Showtime offer. They didn't. Granted since then, or after Fonfara, that mfer has been phoning it in like crazy & taking easy fights, but what got him in that position WASN'T a legit ducking situation.

And there are a ton of similar situations to these that make no sense when you do minimal research into them or think about them logically. Also most of the time the details of deals & situations aren't even honestly known to the degree you'd need to know them for them to be legit ducks or even to make the claim of a duck. Thats why I mock that sh^t all the time cuz its a bunch of dummies on their couch claiming other mfers are b^tches with misinfo, incomplete info or no real f#cking info almost every f#cking time.

Comment

Working...
                      X