Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is in my top 3 of all time let the hate begin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
    Anyone who doesn't recognize Floyd as the best ever doesn't know shlt about the sweet science and has never wrapped their hands.

Period.
    Harry Greb has a better resume than Floyd. IN ONE SINGLE YEAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
      Let's argue Floyd is p4p 3 best boxer to live, tbh from super feather to light middle there are few fighters in history that would beat him on his best nights.
      Also I think he has beaten more world champs than any fighter in history. But I could be wrong on that.
      Nobody cares.

Comment

hes definitely top 5 best all around boxers of all time, everything else can be debated but I don't think that can

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
          Let's argue Floyd is p4p 3 best boxer to live, tbh from super feather to light middle there are few fighters in history that would beat him on his best nights.
          Also I think he has beaten more world champs than any fighter in history. But I could be wrong on that.
          I got no issue with that. Although I don't rank them as it is impossible, his name belongs as an ATG

Comment

Boxrec currently has Floyd as the greatest pound for pound boxer of all time and the greatest welterweight of all time. I'm not sure if I agree with that but Floyd certainly has a case.

I'd place Floyd as the third pound for pound best fighter in history, behind Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali and ahead of guys like Chavez, Holyfield, Foreman, Ray Leonard, and Roy Jones.

Comment

Floyd had the potential to really be up there, but all the cherrypicking puts him levels below the Ali's.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                Boxrec currently has Floyd as the greatest pound for pound boxer of all time and the greatest welterweight of all time. I'm not sure if I agree with that but Floyd certainly has a case.

I'd place Floyd as the third pound for pound best fighter in history, behind Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali and ahead of guys like Chavez, Holyfield, Foreman, Ray Leonard, and Roy Jones.
                Agree with you for the most part except for Leonard. And I hate Ray more than I do Scared of Needles and Fishnets dela Blow.

Comment

All time P4P is a highly subjective ranking but really who can effectively argue against this? Floyd was extremely selective and cautious on his 2nd half of his career and took the very least risk for the highest reward every single fight for a decade but there's still something to be said for being undefeated against almost all world titlists. Floyd is definitely top 20 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Agree with you for the most part except for Leonard. And I hate Ray more than I do Scared of Needles and Fishnets dela Blow.

The reason why I place Floyd above Ray is because Ray's first loss came at the hands of a former lightweight champion who moved up two weight classes in Roberto Duran. That would be like Floyd losing to the former super bantamweight champion when Floyd was an undefeated super featherweight champion.

Pound for Pound is the argument about who is the greatest fighter regardless of weight class or what would happen if these guys were all the same size. Floyd never even came close to losing to a guy smaller than himself while Leonard lost twice to guys smaller than himself in Duran and Camacho.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      floyd would be lucky if he posts ahead of chavez

Comment

Working...
                      X