Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Mikey get so much respect yet he hasn't fought anyone great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Mikey get so much respect yet he hasn't fought anyone great?

Seriously, we criticize guys like Crawford for not having names but we give guys like Mikey a pass. You have guys putting Mikey above fighters like Keith, Spence, GGG...etc but those guys have much better resumes. The best name on his resume is Broner and that doesn't say much. I'm starting to think that Mikey is a little overrated. He calls out top guys but never fight them. What gives?
    Last edited by Sheldon312; 03-10-2018, 12:35 AM.

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Seriously, we criticize guys like Crawford for not having names but we give guys like Mikey a pass. You have guys putting Mikey above fighters like Keith, Spence, GGG...etc but those guys have much better resumes. The best name on his resume is Broner and that doesn't say much. I'm starting to think that Mikey is a little overrated.
    man when war mikey sees this thread your gonna get lit up man........

Comment

He has a great style and is talented but he has been a cherry picker. His resume is probably the weakest of fighters in the pound for pound discussion. Unlike Crawford he's never proven to be the clear #1 at a division. He's made 1 total title defense and rejected fights with good opponents in his weight class.

Comment

Probably because they know he is an elite fighter, some people have see them go to hell and back and then still doubt them, that attitude is because they don't know what they looking at.

Mikey will get into some super-fights soon enough he is probably finding it hard without a promoter and the big promoters look at him as a big risk so they try to squeeze him like a lemon in negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Probably because they know he is an elite fighter, some people have see them go to hell and back and then still doubt them, that attitude is because they don't know what they looking at.

Mikey will get into some super-fights soon enough he is probably finding it hard without a promoter and the big promoters look at him as a big risk so they try to squeeze him like a lemon in negotiations.
          Too many excuses

Comment

the skill is there

he will prove hes worth the ''hype''
            (is he really hyped ?)

Comment

i agree, this guy has never been in one competitive fight on paper. Not because he's better than everybody, but because he's carefully navitaged through his career. Couldn't even fight little ass Gamboa without going ballistic and sueing Top Rank and company. Also didn't like that Arum was grooming him for a Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Haters are gonna hate.

Fact is people rate fighters on their talents and future potential, everyone in the sport sees the talent and future in mikey. Its literally that simple.

Comment

Another Fraud Mexican Hypejob... Still hasn't beat anyone good.

Comment

He definitely doesn't have quite the resume as the respect he gets I feel. He's for sure talented doe, but when I hear cats saying he's gonna be the next Floyd or Manny or some big PPV star I just don't see known of that really in his future.

All these guys who keep winning belts vs the low hanging fruit or in divisions that are open & act like they are doing Floyd or Manny sh^t is sorta turning into a bad joke. For all the criticisms you can make with Floyd & Manny & with their resumes these Broner & Garcia types with multiple weight division runs they aren't doing sh^t compared to what Floyd & Manny did with their multi-belt runs.

Comment

Working...
                    X