Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better win: Joshua's win vs Wladimir or Wilder's win over Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
    Simple question. Tell us which one and why. Poll incoming.
    Already been done. Wlad won by a landslide.

Comment

Wlad, despite being past his best he was still far more proven than Ortiz and in better physical health.

Comment

Just shows the hypocrisy of some of NSB clowns. In other threads they bash fighting a former champ, fighting a guy coming off a loss, fighting a guy coming off a long layoff, etc... and now the same people say that a win over a former champ coming off a long layoff and loss is a good win...

Comment

I say Joshua's because Wilder didn't look great or dominant vs Ortiz but rather weathered the storm and I'll give Wlad the benefit of the doubt of not being sufficiently shot.
          Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 03-08-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
            Think about what you're saying b4 you cry about it.

Undisputed for a decade vs beaten nobody.
            Thing is that Wladimir was old, coming off a loss and had been inactive.

Ortiz was younger and a little more active.

Comment

Both are similar but on their merits Joshua's win is 5 times better.

Reasons...

Joshua had half as many fights as Wilder

Klitschko vs Ortiz ranking...come on Klitschko was King for 10+ years and KO'ing everybody up until his last fight.

Ortiz - on merits hasn't really beaten any World Champ nor top 5 contender.

Physically Vlad looked really good..his loss to Fury was not a beating just out maneuvered by an awkward boxer. Vlad had more stamina than what AJ did in that fight. Ortiz vs Wilder did not display good stamina and visibly slowed down in output and actual speed.

Comment

Wlad is a much better fighter than Ortiz prime against prime. AJ beat a 41 year old Wlad coming of a bad loss and a long layoff. Wilder beat a 38 year old undefeated Ortiz. I think both wins are of equal quality but there was no option to say the wins were even. I voted for Wilder's win being the slightly better win.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  Has Ortiz ever been manhandled like this before WIlder? Yes that was a journeyman.

there was also Puritty and Brewster btw.
                  This was also before Klitchko went on his 10 years reign of terror. He improved since then. Ortiz isn't a risk taker like corrie sanders. He had wilder hurt and backed away. I don't see him beating vlad based on the bums he's fought. Ortiz had issues coming close to wilder. He won't be able to close the gap to land his left. Even if he lands one time, he's not outboxing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Thing is that Wladimir was old, coming off a loss and had been inactive.

Ortiz was younger and a little more active.
                    2 years older, man; still beaten nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X