Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better win: Joshua's win vs Wladimir or Wilder's win over Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better win: Joshua's win vs Wladimir or Wilder's win over Ortiz?

Simple question. Tell us which one and why. Poll incoming.
    Joshua's win over Wladimir
    80.65%
    Wilder's win over Ortiz
    19.35%

I'd have to say Joshua, simply because Wlad was a more proven fighter. That said, Wlad was in his 40's, coming off an 18 month layoff and a defeat and obviously very faded.

Ortiz was at least somewhat active, unbeaten but really has actually proven he was a genuinely top level fighter at any point, so i think Joshua's win get's the nod.

If you ask me, i think both fighters were fortunate to meet their opponents at the stage when they did. Younger versions would have given them both hell, that much is evident from the fight. In AJ's case, i've no doubt if Wlad was a couple of years younger, AJ wouldn't have stood a chance. Not taking anything against AJ's win, but Wlad was ripe for the picking and AJ still struggled.

Comment

Wlad and its not even close. The reason people picked Ortiz is that they are expecting for Wilder to crumble against his power despite being slow as hell because Wilder has some bird legs and his technique is so bad, and because Wilder didn't and pulled through with his youth and athleticism and with his power he got the win. But that doesn't change the fact that he fought an old man that had to take medication for blood pressure. Wlad, despite being Old himself is so much better than Wilder that it is not even debatable. Not only does Wlad arguably has better power than Wilder, he is the one that dominated the HW division for 11 straight years.

Comment

I'd say that they're actually very close, but prepare for a shitstorm of insults and fanboyism..

Comment

Ortiz knocks out Wlad heads up. Less war torn and younger. More skilled than Wlad. Ortiz is also more defensively gifted with a better chin.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            Ortiz knocks out Wlad heads up. Less war torn and younger. More skilled than Wlad. Ortiz is also more defensively gifted with a better chin.
            Bull****!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Bull****!!
              Has Ortiz ever been manhandled like this before WIlder? Yes that was a journeyman.

there was also Puritty and Brewster btw.

Comment

AJs win was better because he was dropped and hurt badly,
                wlad shouldve gone for the ko and he wouldve won but he listened to vitali and took his foot off the pedal

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  Has Ortiz ever been manhandled like this before WIlder? Yes that was a journeyman.

there was also Puritty and Brewster btw.
                  That's not what I was referring to, I only addressed 1 part of what you said

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I'd say that they're actually very close, but prepare for a shitstorm of insults and fanboyism..
                    Think about what you're saying b4 you cry about it.

Undisputed for a decade vs beaten nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X