Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Showtime's Highest-Rated Fight Since Wilder-Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    The only number you need to look at there is the one in the Weekly reach column, because Sky Box Office only screen one event per week. Reach = viewers, btw.

The other numbers are average daily reach, both as a number and a percentage of the total, and the last 2 numbers are average time spent by people per day watching that channel, again as a number and a percentage.

So the total number of viewers for the week of the Mayweather/McGreggor fight was 874k and they would all have been watching the fight, because there was nothing else on the channel that week.
    The numbers you are given are for Sky Box Office. There's also Sky Sports Box Office and Sky 3D Box Office. There are 3 branches of Sky Box Office. For you to say there was nothing on on that channel would be a lie because they would be showing PPV movies on Sky Box Office.

Comment

Originally posted by miked85 View Post
      Should have been on CBS
      That's a great idea. It would have pulled in more numbers on free tv.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
        The numbers you are given are for Sky Box Office. There's also Sky Sports Box Office and Sky 3D Box Office. There are 3 branches of Sky Box Office. For you to say there was nothing on on that channel would be a lie because they would be showing PPV movies on Sky Box Office.
        Now you are just talking garbage. May/Mac and AJ/Wlad were both screened on Sky Box Office Events, not Sky Movies, Sky 3D or anywhere else, and the Sky Box Office numbers are the ones shown by BARB.

There was a lot of bullshit put out by the MMA people about the May/Mac PPV sales. It's interesting that sources saying it was the highest selling UK PPV event ever are also using Dana White's bogus HBO PPV numbers.

Comment

Amazing numbers, wish it was on CBS.

Comment

Originally posted by miked85 View Post
            Should have been on CBS
            CBS doesn't pay for fights, they want to be paid for their precious airtime.

Comment

wilder not getting paid like hes supposed to. he's getting fcked don king style. but like he says "it aint about the money" so proceed to get fcked champ.

Comment

Friends I was with who are big mma fans I convinced to stay after the prelims of UFC. I quote "I'm glad you convinced me to stay that was a hell of a fight". This is from people who've given up on boxing awhile ago. So it was entertaining and worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                  Pacquiao-Horn peaked at 4.4 million viewers. Plus this fight was not on PPV. Let's not act like this was a global event or something hahah. Wilder, if you really want the AJ fight, take the lower % and win. Then you can write your own check. Especially if "it's not about the money" as you keep saying.
                  You comparing an future HOF numbers to Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    Friends I was with who are big mma fans I convinced to stay after the prelims of UFC. I quote "I'm glad you convinced me to stay that was a hell of a fight". This is from people who've given up on boxing awhile ago. So it was entertaining and worth watching.
                    People just wanna see good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Now you are just talking garbage. May/Mac and AJ/Wlad were both screened on Sky Box Office Events, not Sky Movies, Sky 3D or anywhere else, and the Sky Box Office numbers are the ones shown by BARB.

There was a lot of bullshit put out by the MMA people about the May/Mac PPV sales. It's interesting that sources saying it was the highest selling UK PPV event ever are also using Dana White's bogus HBO PPV numbers.
                      You are using numbers based off of what 5100 homes watched. Accurate though.

"In order to estimate viewing patterns across all TV households, a carefully selected panel of private homes is recruited. The Establishment Survey is carried out continuously by Ipsos MORI in order to track changes in UK household characteristics. From this we can ascertain the types of households we need on our panel to make sure it is representative of the whole of the UK. We then recruit households to be on the panel that suit the necessary demographics, TV platforms and geography, as well as other variables. The BARB panel consists of 5100 households, which each represent about 5000 other households across the UK."

http://www.barb.co.uk/about-us/how-we-do-what-we-do/

Comment

Working...
                      X