Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Tells Wilder: Don't Worry - Anthony Joshua Wants You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    That wasn’t Deontay’s fault. At the start of the 8th round he was on his feet in the center of the ring ready to fight.
    Agreed.....

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Klitschko was just too old, washed up, diminished, shopworn and past his prime in order to finish the job.

He had gone several rounds in a row without so much as throwing any punches. Joshua was ready to go; However, Wlad no longer had the same amount of stamina, timing or reflexes to put him away.

Had that been Deontay Wilder, the fight would have ended seconds after the first time he knocked Joshua down.
      I agree about Klitschko being way past it, and that Wilder would have most likely finished AJ off in that situation, buts that’s not what I asked bro.

Timing, handspeed, head movement, footwork etc are things you lose with age, but power is power and that usually stays most often than not (especially at heavyweight) ,but like i said before would Wilder have recovered or even got back up from that Wlad right hand?, the same right hand he’s already allegedly been KOed in the past with? (I know sparring different but still)

I’m not questioning his heart btw, he proved that and then some on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher89 View Post
        Nah.. Wilder will kick his ass out
        My money would be Fury getting DQ for persistent holding

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Joshua had both belts at risk, but he was willing to drop the WBA (Ortiz) but not willing to drop the IBF (Pulev). When Pulev couldn't fight, he should've chose Ortiz, and not Takam!

WBA Prez Firm That Joshua-Klitschko Winner Must Face Luis Ortiz

By Edward Chaykovsky

https://www.boxingscene.com/wba-prez...-ortiz--112954
          So Ortiz was going to fight Joshua on 2 weeks notice was he?

Takem was told by Hearn to stay in the gym just in case Pulev pulled out, so he was ready to go.

No way Ortiz fights at 2 weeks notice.

Comment

Originally posted by cally93 View Post
            I agree about Klitschko being way past it, and that Wilder would have most likely finished AJ off in that situation, buts that’s not what I asked bro.

Timing, handspeed, head movement, footwork etc are things you lose with age, but power is power and that usually stays most often than not (especially at heavyweight) ,but like i said before would Wilder have recovered or even got back up from that Wlad right hand?, the same right hand he’s already allegedly been KOed in the past with? (I know sparring different but still)

I’m not questioning his heart btw, he proved that and then some on the weekend.
            Thank you, I express my sincerest apologies for missing your question. However, onto answering your question hell yeah; Wilder would have gotten up from that punch from Klitschko because this would have been for the World Heavyweight championship.

By that time, Deontay's mental toughness would have carried the day for him. Remember he would have wanted it a lot more than Wlad because Wlad already had it. He would have been a lot tougher, hungrier, determined and more persistent in a fight like that than Klitschko. By this point in his career, the last thing Klitschko would have been searching for was a firefight with a hard hitting puncher like Wilder.

In my judgement, Wlad was just too mentally drained and fatigued in his last professional fight with AJ. One can only dig down a well so deep until they reach their limit and Wladimir had reached his. His mind just wouldn't let his body do what it needed to do.

Anthony Joshua won that fight largely on attrition alone. Klitschko had been there and done that with nothing left to prove; Which was ultimately why he decided to call it a career after that bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              So Ortiz was going to fight Joshua on 2 weeks notice was he?

Takem was told by Hearn to stay in the gym just in case Pulev pulled out, so he was ready to go.

No way Ortiz fights at 2 weeks notice.
              No way should Joshua have chosen Pulev over Ortiz in the 1st place! It's bad business! Joshua and Hearn knew Ortiz agreed to the step aside for Wlad, with the understanding he was next. AJ beat Wlad and suddenly he's ready to face Ortiz "AFTER" Pulev! That's that bull****! After that old man dropped AJ, he didn't want that work from King Kong Ortiz!

Comment

Windmill boy's great resume lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  No way should Joshua have chosen Pulev over Ortiz in the 1st place! It's bad business! Joshua and Hearn knew Ortiz agreed to the step aside for Wlad, with the understanding he was next. AJ beat Wlad and suddenly he's ready to face Ortiz "AFTER" Pulev! That's that bull****! After that old man dropped AJ, he didn't want that work from King Kong Ortiz!
                  That old man? You speak like Ortiz wasn't well past his best. He looked like **** but still managed to make Wilder look much worse. Ortiz gassed out badly after hardly doing anything. Wlad had much more left in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    That old man? You speak like Ortiz wasn't well past his best. He looked like **** but still managed to make Wilder look much worse. Ortiz gassed out badly after hardly doing anything. Wlad had much more left in the tank.
                    I know Ortiz is old, but Wlad was older AND coming off a loss, AND a longer layoff, AND he dropped AJ. Ortiz was younger, AND undefeated, AND he did not drop Wilder!

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                      My money would be Fury getting DQ for persistent holding
                      Refs should be in control in excessive holding, fouls and rough tactics...

Comment

Working...
                      X