Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Luis Ortiz even any better than Andy Ruiz Jr, Dominic Brezeale, Kubrat Pulev or

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

father time caught up with him a couple years ago, and people were saying that prior to the fight. Hed slowed down a lot against scott and allen. he looked old as hell in there, if that upsets people then so be it but its the damn truth, ive never seen such slow punches in my life.

Comment

Ortiz is no where near the fighter that people on here have made him out to be, but its wilders best win by some distance and he beats parker easily. Never thoght i would say it either but if Joshua is 18 stone Wilder takes that fight if Joshua is 17 stone (therabouts) then he wins

Comment

Of course he's better than those, Jesus.

Comment

Ortiz vs 5 opponents he hasnt fought !

1 .Ruiz is too short and heavy footed who has overatted power . What would make this guy more dangerous , inactivity and a less effective counter puncher bc he needs to be on top of you to land . To add to him hes an upright fighter who doesnt bend when throwing punches , hes the least threatening guy here .

2 .Miller .Nothing to suggest Miller is better just bc he applies constant pressure ,hes a stationary target who isnt fast and plans on taking 3 to land 1 . Hes more a threat than most think but not overly hard to figure out .

3.Pulev . What has this guy done in 4 years that anyone could put him over Ortiz ? A top fighter but hes too busy trying to avoid top guys , he wouldn't have the style nor power to be threatening like Ortiz .

4 .Breazeale . His biggest attribute LIKE Wilder is landing that hard shot to end fights . Very similar ,he has been behind in fights to land a thudding punch to take ppl out . Hes to slow and hittable for me to put over Ortiz even if he is heavier handed .

5 . Parker . He doesnt really have anything over Ortiz beyond speed . Hes lost already to Takam and Ruiz as far as im concerned but i will attribute that to he didnt fight a smart game plan . I think hes better than those guys .

Wilder . Well he just defeated Ortiz . He defeated him bc he did have the length ,speed and power . Would the above ? Nope .

Ortiz is a 6'4 true SHW , narrowly getting Wilder out of there . He could have gave himself a better chance to win had he used more body jabs and let his left go (there were openings ) . The fact is the southpaw is more skilled than anyone mentioned here and would be favored over anyone not named Wilder or Joshua .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-04-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Ortiz is still a top 5 HW. Hard to see where PBC takes him though. They match up their non-Wilder HWs tough.

Comment

Ruiz Jr. has more talent and his skill levels are also higher.
              He is not a big puncher and he struggles to get into top condition. His commitment to forcing a higher work rate is his biggest fault.
              He handled Parker in Parkers back yard but his over all conditioning failed him.

Andy has more skills but is not ready to commit to his craft.
              Andy at 217-220lbs beat all the current heavies.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                But the question is, what has Luis Ortiz done in his career to suggest he is any better than the boxers I've mentioned?

The best opponents Luis Ortiz beat, really aren't any better than the best opponents some of those aforementioned boxers I've mentioned beat.

And Alexander Povetkin has far greater amateur + pro accomplishments. What has Luis Ortiz done to suggest he is better than Povetkin?
                Ortiz Knocked out Jennings. Jennings went distance with Klitscko.

Zero agrument.

This is a better win for Wilder than AJ beating a 41 year old Klitscko.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Ortiz Knocked out Jennings. Jennings went distance with Klitscko.

Zero agrument.

This is a better win for Wilder than AJ beating a 41 year old Klitscko.
                  Wladimir Klitschko dominated the heavyweight division for around a decade by staying on top as the number 1 heavyweight in the world for that period of time.

Meanwhile, Luis Ortiz has done nothing impressive in the heavyweight division other than beating Bryant Jennings and Tony Thompson. Two guys that are Wlad's leftovers. And has never been the number 1 heavyweight in the world, nor a champion.

I think it's obvious which boxer is better and more impressive to beat.

Anthony Joshua beating Wladimir Klitschko at age 27 whilst having less than 20 bouts > Deontay Wilder beating Luis Ortiz at age 32 in 40 bouts. This isn't even a contest!

BTW, Wladimir Klitschko had a shoulder injury when he fought Bryant Jennings and was finished as a top level fighter by that time.

Comment

Put Ortiz under microscope, he do things that no other heavyweight do. I got him defeating Povetkin if that fight ever happen.

Comment

Ortiz on roids is a force. Off roids, not so much

Comment

Working...
                      X