Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Antonio Margarito do today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
    Watching the Cotto fight, and then Marg's handwraps being pink, like the plaster ones against Mosley instead of the normal white, is pretty damning.

Take away Cotto and what do you have? A close loss to Paul Williams? Wins over Clottey and Cintron? Good, okay, but a loss in 04 to Dos Santos, a loss in 07 to Paul Williams, and his 09 spanking by Mosley. Without Cotto, Marg is nothing more than a gatekeeper, similar to Vargas today.
    Great posts.

Comment

Margarito is so overrated around here. He loses to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
        Plasterito is a terrible boxer.
        True but is sheer size advantage over the Porter, Garcias etc would be apparent, and i doubt they would be able to keep up with him or off them due to that.

They would have to use a lot of ring generalship to beat him, which i honestly cannot see them doing.

Comment

Go look at the Sugar Shane fight, he got wiped out, he probably didnt win 1 ROUND the entire fight. These boxers have learned from the last generation of boxers and improved. An Errol or Thurman, would have him out of there even sooner, Porter would fight his fight, but without the extra padding, would he have been able to keep porter or swift off of his @ss.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
            Go look at the Sugar Shane fight, he got wiped out, he probably didnt win 1 ROUND the entire fight. These boxers have learned from the last generation of boxers and improved. An Errol or Thurman, would have him out of there even sooner, Porter would fight his fight, but without the extra padding, would he have been able to keep porter or swift off of his @ss.
            Cotto has more power than Thurman and arguably has more power than Spence, and Margarito walked through them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              A prime Margarito would definitely be a pain at 147 now, he would have a good size advantage and I think he might out hustle all the top contenders now. But I could see Spence holding his own and I can see Thurman dancing around him.
              I agree although I think he gets to Thurman late. Spence would edge him out in a war in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Cotto has more power than Thurman and arguably has more power than Spence, and Margarito walked through them.
                That cant be gauged/or measured....but the way Shane whipped him, he would've got beat by other top boxers "of Today". just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                  That cant be gauged/or measured....but the way Shane whipped him, he would've got beat by other top boxers "of Today". just my opinion

He never won any meaningful fights since he the illegal hand-wraps incident.

Comment

Without plaster Margarito would be dead meat against any top WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      No he doesn’t and there is a difference between landing punches after you’re being hit with plaster. Your punches get weaker and weaker. I don’t credit Margarito for that win. He used plaster for Christ’s sake!

Comment

Working...
                      X