Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Antonio Margarito do today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would prime Antonio Margarito do today?

How do you guys see prime (2008) Antonio Margarito doing against todays top welterweights?

Does he beat:

Shawn Porter
    Kieth Thurman
    Danny Garcia
    Errol Spence
    Terrance Crawford
    Jeff Horn
    Jessie Vargas
    Lucas Matthysse

With or without plaster?

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      With or without plaster?
      Let's just give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was innocent prior to the Mosley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
        Let's just give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was innocent prior to the Mosley fight.
        he defeats them all.

Comment

Margo out muscles Spence probably, he's bigger than Spence. Gets out boxed by Thurman, stops DSG, stops Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
            Watching the Cotto fight, and then Marg's handwraps being pink, like the plaster ones against Mosley instead of the normal white, is pretty damning.

Take away Cotto and what do you have? A close loss to Paul Williams? Wins over Clottey and Cintron? Good, okay, but a loss in 04 to Dos Santos, a loss in 07 to Paul Williams, and his 09 spanking by Mosley. Without Cotto, Marg is nothing more than a gatekeeper, similar to Vargas today.

Comment

Yea, I gotta say, most of those guys are better than an 09 Mosley. And we saw what Mosley did. I know people always hype up past athletes more, but looking at his resume, it is incredibly weak. A win over Cotto and a close loss to Williams. And the win against Cotto is very suspect. I'm sorry, but saying he beats anyone because of wins over Cintron and Clottey is foolish.

Comment

Spence ko hims back to mexico. Thurman, Porter and Garcia out boxes this plodder. He is a useless fighter without the plaster. That is why team arum let him fight Pacquiao.

Comment

A prime Margarito would definitely be a pain at 147 now, he would have a good size advantage and I think he might out hustle all the top contenders now. But I could see Spence holding his own and I can see Thurman dancing around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    A prime Margarito would definitely be a pain at 147 now, he would have a good size advantage and I think he might out hustle all the top contenders now. But I could see Spence holding his own and I can see Thurman dancing around him.
                    Plasterito is a terrible boxer.

Comment

Working...
                    X