Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Andre Ward is Playing Games, He's Not Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    so now it's a race issue and we'll just ignore that ward and mayweather were atop that same list. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the fact that Kovalev went on to face better competition while Stevenson was fighting fonfara twice. As far as ducking, everyone knows of the 2 who really wanted the fight and who was content beating up on lesser competition.
    look if u dont think opinions differ bc color in the states then u might be part of the problem..

how can u even use floyd as if he shouldnt be on the list..see how ignorant you are to your own argument?

as if floyd didnt earn his dawgon spot beyond reproach..

i dont care if kovalev fought around steveson...he didnt fight for lineage!

stevenson is 5 years lineal champ and kov is five years that beat the #2 rated 50 year old who wasnt the lineal champ...

u didnt enjoy bhop or pascal's wack performance

and pascal didnt have a top 10 wins in like 5 years...and still doesnt have one today since that fight...how is he abtter win that gusy like karpency and fonfara who had recent top 10 wins?? BC OF HIS NAME?? u'r a name jocker? FINE

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
      look if u dont think opinions differ bc color in the states then u might be part of the problem..

how can u even use floyd as if he shouldnt be on the list..see how ignorant you are to your own argument?

as if floyd didnt earn his dawgon spot beyond reproach..

i dont care if kovalev fought around steveson...he didnt fight for lineage!

stevenson is 5 years lineal champ and kov is five years that beat the #2 rated 50 year old who wasnt the lineal champ...

u didnt enjoy bhop or pascal's wack performance

and pascal didnt have a top 10 wins in like 5 years...and still doesnt have one today since that fight...how is he abtter win that gusy like karpency and fonfara who had recent top 10 wins?? BC OF HIS NAME?? u'r a name jocker? FINE
      your argument is baseless and you're pulling a pointless race card because you have no facts to substantiate your argument. I never said mayweather or ward didn't deserve their rankings. Now yes, some people get better treatment in boxing because of race but Stevenson and Kovalev isn't one of those situations. I actually think Kovalev is a racist low life and prefer Stevenson over him but Stevenson has been content to milk his title and Kovalev fought the better competition during that same time frame. That's why he surpassed him in every single pound for pound list. You're basically saying that every reputable boxing outlet in the world put Kovalev over Stevenson because of race? That's absurd and It's not even debatable who deserved to be higher. Go ahead and find 1 single pound for pound list over the past 3-4 yrs that had Stevenson ranked over Kovalev. Maybe, just maybe, you're wrong and should accept it.

Comment

This does not surprise me. He's made it known as of late he's quite the whiner.
        Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        They were already mandated. Kovalev vacated and refused to fight.

Comment

Wow. Stevenson is essentially saying Ward is ducking him.

Where was Adonis all these years? He had no balls when everyone was calling him out.

What a joke.

Comment

Stevenson may as well have retired, because he's done **** all to make people believe he's a boxer recently.

Comment

Oleskander at cruiser would beat ward stevenson n ward would be a great match ward doesn't sale honestly he should stay retired boxing not missing much he did lose the first fight to kovalev

Comment

S.O.G. will come out of retirement to challenge the winner of Usyk Vs. Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                  S.O.G. will come out of retirement to challenge the winner of Usyk Vs. Bellew.

I've seen this hinted about in various corners of the internet. Two cavaets, Usyk and Bellew are two different animals and Ward won't come back unless he's getting a higher purse than his last fight ($6.5M).

Bellew is beatable for Ward and a more marketable fight. Usyk would be the favorite vs. Ward and it's not a very marketable fight. DAZN has a lot of money to throw around so maybe they could find $7.5M for Ward to challenge Usyk, but it's not gonna do much for their platform numbers wise. If Bellew somehow pulls it off, I expect Ward-Bellew after that. If Usyk wins as expected, I think it's a lot less likely we see Ward come back.

With that said if Ward came back and beat Usyk for the undisputed and lineal cruiserweight title, he'd enter ATG territory.

Comment

Ward coming back to fight at cruiser when he retired lhw. He was a small lhw so can't see it happening.
                    You guys have usyk as p4p top 5 (I don't) so ward would have to move up another weight class of 25 pounds + to become atg.

Half the forum think ward is a weight bully and the other half thinks he should fight much bigger p4p guys all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X