No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: There is No Pressure To Knock Canelo Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Mac View Post
    I don't think GGG outbossed Canelo at all. GGG started very very slow and tentative. It was so frustrating to watch.when Canelo punched him in a headlock and GGG kind of shrugged, I was like wtf??? Still had GGG winning but it was quite close.

The only way GGG wins the rematch is by doing one of 2 risky things. 1st is to try and blast Canelo out from opening bell. 2nd is start faster, control the ring and jab jab jab all night, bank the rounds, make it clear and hope and pray he gets the decision. I dont think Canelo will learn to deal with GGGs jab.

What will probably happen? GGG will look both flabby and drained for the fight like last time, with no effective gameplan. Canelo perfect shape, a little lighter, better gameplan, everything in his favour. UD Canelo
    GGG won the first time around 9-3 (8-4 if you wanna be generous). What is you talmbout?

Comment

I hope he's just saying that, because if there's one thing they should have learned from the first fight, it's that they will never win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        on this forum if a power puncher doesnt win by ko it means they were exposed. they arent allowed to win by decision. because he outboxed canelo and jacobs it means he was exposed, it doesnt mean he is multidimensional it just means he was exposed
        No it means that Golovkin in particular couldn’t KO a P4P fighter moving up in weight with m obviously suspect performance or fighting a top Middleweight in Jacobs just barely edging it. Golovkin performed so bad and gets a pass he’s lucky he even got a Draw. Would’ve been cooler had he lost so that his loyal fanbase could call “robbery” at least

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          He's 35 years old. It's like none of you know sports work. You've been spoiled by all the pre-VADA PED users in boxing the last few decades maintaining prime form into their late thirties. It doesn't work that way anymore with guys who are doing year round drug testing and who aren't big enough stars to have dirty tests covered up. The GGG that stopped Stevens by throwing 100 punches per round for 8 straight rounds obviously would have stopped Canelo, as well as Sergio Martinez and so on. But the GGG of today probably would have lost on points to Martinez because the speed difference would have been so great that GGG would have struggled to land clean power shots, just like he struggled to against Canelo for the same reason. He has slowed down significantly. If you can't see that, you either haven't watched any old GGG fights lately, or you don't have a good eye for boxing.
          ok buddy.

i know he's old. Hence why i said "he can't knock out Canelo".

how is it that "I can't see that" huh?

I've seen your "boxing logic" paragraphs you like to write, and you write mostly sh it.
          I've been boxing for more than 10 years and i coach and prepare the younger generations now.

So gtfo lol. fcking kid trying to lecture me.

Comment

wouldn't expect him to say anything different but Triple G gon need a stoppage and they know this

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
              GGG is a natural middleweight and pretty big for one. Canelo is not and that showed on the 1st fight, GGG out muscled and bullied him, where due to gaining the weight to fight at middle Canelo looked slower and stiff, no stamina! I don't think the rematch is going to go any other way than a GGG UD win!
              Any thoughts?
              Nelo is faster as we seen....Nelo is better all around period. The only negative I saw in Nelo was that he was trying to K.O. golovkin & gassed out trying. golovkin has to put pressure (while landing punches cuz he didn't in the 1st fight) even if Nelo lands his punches cuz I don't think Nelo could really hurt him. golovkin has to K.O. Nelo to win. As for Nelo he just has to go to the body a little more & early followed by the uppercuts that are there wide open. If Nelo wants to rest he should pump the jab & keep golovkin at bay. I got Nelo by SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Keep dreaming Mexican boy.
                I'm not Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  on this forum if a power puncher doesnt win by ko it means they were exposed. they arent allowed to win by decision. because he outboxed canelo and jacobs it means he was exposed, it doesnt mean he is multidimensional it just means he was exposed
                  Yeah but did he outbox them? I thought he maybe outworked them, and if anything they outboxed him. I think the critics are a bit harsher on Golovkin because the only two times he has fought a very good fighter he sc****d through. If he had fought 7 or 8 top fighters and stopped or dominated a few then I'm sure it wouldn't be highlighted as much. Another thing to consider is that he is top 3 p4p so again you are judged by your perceived standards.

You don't critique a Michellin Star restaurant to the same standard as a food cart. I've never considered GGG a top 5 p4p type fighter so when he did struggle with Jacobs and Canelo I was not surprised, in fact I felt vindicated, which is why I don't judge him harshly. Others have fallen for the hype, so they get annoyed by his performances in those fights. It comes down to expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    I'm not Mexican.
                    Don't lie about your own nationality, that's disgusting. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
                      GGG won the first time around 9-3 (8-4 if you wanna be generous). What is you talmbout?
                      I'm a big GGG fan and I had it 8-4 or 7-5 if being generous. Closer than I would have liked. GGG lost rds at the end looking for a KO imo. Canelo marked him up pretty bad in those last rds. If he'd stuck to the jab, maybe it would have been more difficult for that one judge to score the draw(how he scored rd7 for Canelo.. I guess he was under pressure and ran out of bad rds to make it a draw)
                      Last edited by Don Mac; 02-24-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X