Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Arum Must Be Flexible To Make Loma-Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    Except it's not. Eric Gomez has said they are fine with Loma-Linares on ESPN any other date. So either HBO lied about their option or they are okay with him fighting on ESPN in general, just not on May 12th. So logic follows, why are they not okay with him fighting on May 12th? Because that would counterprogram the HBO show. But then logic follows from that, ESPN is counterprogramming their HBO show anyway on May 12th. So, you see how the logical chain falls apart? That's what leads to my question which still hasn't been answered, is there some objective, logical reason, such as ratings for example, why HBO being counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares is worse for HBO than being counterprogrammed by Loma-Beltran, other than the principal of the thing? For instance Linares could beat Loma and then come back to HBO a more valuable commodity, which would ultimately make being counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares BETTER for HBO than being counterprogrammed by Loma-Beltran.

Or, Linares could lose. But, Linares could also lose on any other date on ESPN, yet Eric Gomez has said they are willing to make Loma-Linares on ESPN on those other dates, so, hopefully you see the issue.
    Here... Now be quiet, go sit at the kiddy table and let GROWN men talk boxing.

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/en/fighters

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/f...%C3%B1o-de-oro

Comment

Except it's not. Eric Gomez has said they are fine with Loma-Linares on ESPN any other date. So either HBO lied about their option or they are okay with him fighting on ESPN in general, just not on May 12th. So logic follows, why are they not okay with him fighting on May 12th? Because that would counterprogram the HBO show. But then logic follows from that, ESPN is counterprogramming their HBO show anyway on May 12th. So, you see how the logical chain falls apart? That's what leads to my question which still hasn't been answered, is there some objective, logical reason, such as ratings for example, why HBO being counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares is worse for HBO than being counterprogrammed by Loma-Beltran, other than the principal of the thing? For instance Linares could beat Loma and then come back to HBO a more valuable commodity, which would ultimately make being counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares BETTER for HBO than being counterprogrammed by Loma-Beltran.

Or, Linares could lose. But, Linares could also lose on any other date on ESPN, yet Eric Gomez has said they are willing to make Loma-Linares on ESPN on those other dates, so, hopefully you see the issue.
      hbo agreed to that... they even went as far as saying if you cant have it on any other date we can have it in our network and double the money for the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        nothing wrong with letting his fighter go to espn, the problem is when they know thats going to affect their programming...
        just because arum wants to counter hbo ,doesnt mean hbo is willing to help that cause, is just ****** to think about it..
        hbo is being reasonable by letting linares go to espn and fight on any other date, if you cant see that then you are just as delusional as arum..
        EXACTLY!!! HBO will be showing GGG/Canelo replay and most likely a GOOD scrap between Liam Smith and Sadam Ali. Which I'm looking forward. PLUS they can add either Matty or Linares also.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          hbo agreed to that... they even went as far as saying if you cant have it on any other date we can have it in our network and double the money for the fight...
          Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:18 PM)

According to Erc Gomez of GB, he told me HBO would pay more than ESPN, which means well over $2 million since Loma is going to make seven-figures.

So not only is HBO offering MORE $$$$ but they were willing to let Linares fight as long as NOT on the 12th.

IT's dumb ppl like him that is ok with Bob bending him over. They went from a GREAT card to this hot pile of CRAP!

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            I call morons who repeatedly make racist statements while demonstrating to be dsab fanbois of ALL white fighters through mental gymnastics while constantly shîtting on non white fighters,I call them racists aka most lomaducko/kkkovalev/ggg fanbase of ******s who come on here talking bout build the wall or other such ***** ass licking horsesh...

And fyi I had loma by 8 rd easy ko,you ****** loma***ual you dksab
            Your just some overly emotional fruitcake who seems to be threatened by white people, like I said you're a clown... But im a loma***ual who dksab, solid work...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
              Your just some overly emotional fruitcake who seems to be threatened by white people, like I said you're a clown... But im a loma***ual who dksab, solid work...
              Yes yes everyone is a fruitcake except you the guy hanging off lomas balls with your mouth:*******:

And ftr you dsabîtch, who said I wasn't white? Dumbass :wt:

This site is full of racist nuthuggers like u who act like wolf bîtches in heat because I'm not alongside you blowing/covering for the next espn great white hope,& its hilarious that u claim im emotional when your the dsab that got angry about me responding to the dumbest piece of sh on here

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Yes yes everyone is a fruitcake except you the guy hanging off lomas balls with your mouth:*******:

And ftr you dsabîtch, who said I wasn't white? Dumbass :wt:

This site is full of racist nuthuggers like u who act like wolf bîtches in heat because I'm not alongside you blowing/covering for the next espn great white hope,& its hilarious that u claim im emotional when your the dsab that got angry about me responding to the dumbest piece of sh on here
                How can you claim to not be emotional or angry? You go around calling people names like a child. You really think I'm angry? Ok.. Your soft man

Comment

See let me simplify this for you. The only thing you keep repeating is why would HBO let an HBO boxer fight on ESPN? Except they already have agreed to let that happen on any date but May 12th, meaning the issue is not an HBO fighter fighting on ESPN, like you keep arguing, but rather the issue is that HBO does not want to be counterprogrammed on May 12th by an ESPN show. That's why I said, don't they realize that they are going to be counterprogrammed on ESPN either way? Someone should tell them that! But you and the logic free one keep repeating that it's the fact Linares is an HBO boxer that is the difference. And yet HBO is willing to let him fight on ESPN. So it begs the question, what exactly is so much worse about Loma-Linares on ESPN than Loma-Beltran? Both will counterprogram HBO equally.

And I still don't have your answer. You just keep repeating the HBO fighter on ESPN bit. Are you trying to argue it's simply the principal of the thing? Pride? You haven't said.

See THIS is the question. Explain WHAT exactly is MORE DAMAGING to HBO about Loma-Linares on May 12th than Loma-Beltran? The only thing I can think of is that Linares would lose and then wouldn't be as valuable to HBO. And yet, HBO is not preventing Loma-Linares in general, just on May 12th. So that reason does not explain why it is worse than Loma-Beltran on May 12th.

So, that's why I asked. Y'all keep acting like I'm a fool for not having the answer, but y'all have not provided an answer either. Seems like there's a lot of that going around today.
                  You ****** dumb piece of shet! You talk too fuccing much! SHUT THE FUCC UP FOR ONCE AND LISTEN!
                  Yes ESPN can put a card on May 12th and there's nothing HBO can do about it. But why the fucc would HBO help ESPN take viewers away from them??? That's what it comes down to you ****** motherfuccer!
                  HBO or Golden Boy promotions aren't gonna compete against themselves so why would they allow Linares to fight Loma on that day?
                  The same day HBO is airing the Canelo-triple g replay?? Think about it you dumb fucc!
                  On a different note, I wanna beat your fuccking ass cause you talk to fuccing much and you fuccing annoy me! Are you in Southern California? Where you live at punk?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I hear ya! They went from a SIC ASS PPV Card to this JUNK!!! I'm not gonna waste my time watching any of these fights.

I'm actually looking forward to HBO\s card. Seeing Canelo beat GGG and Sadam Ali vs. Liam Smith should be a good scrap!!!

Plus sht throw Linares in their with a GOOD opponent and HELL YEAH!!!
                    I know what you mean.
                    So is it confirmed that Ali is fighting Canelo's leftovers in Liam Smith?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      How can you claim to not be emotional or angry? You go around calling people names like a child. You really think I'm angry? Ok.. Your soft man
                      Your claiming im racist against white people yet your too much of a dumb **** to realize I've been arguing with angry lil twats like you all morning about me picking Groves(the huge white underdog) to body Eubich jr,so try again before running your meatsmoker in anger about me responding to the literal dumbest troll on here...

Comment

Working...
                      X